gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 06, 2024, 03:50 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Best trick you attempted or landed today...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Best trick you attempted or landed today...  (Read 20501 times)

Sink

Re: Best trick you attempted or landed today...
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2012, 08:27 PM »
Had an ace long weekend away (bikeless).

Haven't had much chance to ride the past few weeks, due to time away + building & rebuilding my cheapo remix.

Most recent progress includes started trying to 180 flyout, and been doing 90s out then dropping back in with varying tidiness.

Looking forward to a few days of riding consistently as I haven't really been out yet since switching to 25/9.

:daumenhoch: Sink at dropping in! I loved that 'Is that it?' feeling when I finally took the plunge. ::)

It's very much a mind game, I really was surprised as to once it was done, how easy it was just to ride up and drop in, I had another bash this morning, just to make sure it wern't a fluke :LolLolLolLol:
The higher of the 1/4's is still giving me trouble, but the smaller one and 1/2 pipe will soon get my confidence up to do it..

welsh denny

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2012, 10:49 PM »
rode on saturday and monday night. getting used to a new frame,skinnier tyres etc so bike is different from the dolomites i've been riding since 2006.

nearly landed a few double decades- very different on the new skool odyssey waltz frame as its lot lower so when you land and switch feet again for the next decade

jump around it makes a lot of difference. relearnt the backwards framestand with foot on the grip for first time in years as with the new shorter but slightly

raised stem i can finally get my foot under the stem a little.

still riding as often as time permits at nearly 41.

Hellcat

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2012, 10:58 PM »
rode on saturday and monday night. getting used to a new frame,skinnier tyres etc so bike is different from the dolomites i've been riding since 2006.

nearly landed a few double decades- very different on the new skool odyssey waltz frame as its lot lower so when you land and switch feet again for the next decade

jump around it makes a lot of difference. relearnt the backwards framestand with foot on the grip for first time in years as with the new shorter but slightly

raised stem i can finally get my foot under the stem a little.

still riding as often as time permits at nearly 41.

Shame we didn't meet up Saturday. Everytime me & my son see a skatepark it's always "Lets see if they're doing any tricks." Most of the time they ain't & I have to tell him "They're just practising"... ;)

He would've loved seeing those.  :D

Hellcat

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2012, 11:06 PM »
It's very much a mind game, I really was surprised as to once it was done, how easy it was just to ride up and drop in, I had another bash this morning, just to make sure it wern't a fluke :LolLolLolLol:
The higher of the 1/4's is still giving me trouble, but the smaller one and 1/2 pipe will soon get my confidence up to do it..

;)

Read or saw somewhere about being able to ride up it before you can drop in it. & I try something new, whether riding up a different ramp or dropping in off something bigger each time I ride a certain park.

I find variety of ramps helps, keep trying stuff from different angles on different ramps. Lucky for me there's a few good parks within a 5 mile drive. :)

Sink

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2012, 08:27 AM »

Read or saw somewhere about being able to ride up it before you can drop in it. & I try something new, whether riding up a different ramp or dropping in off something bigger each time I ride a certain park.

I find variety of ramps helps, keep trying stuff from different angles on different ramps. Lucky for me there's a few good parks within a 5 mile drive. :)

I can ride up the taller 1/4. But when I try dropping in the bottle goes!! I'll keep at it and no doubt it will happen, before I know it I'll be wondering what the worry was all about :daumenhoch:

Sink

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2012, 03:52 PM »
Spent a few hours in the park yesterday morning, just a gentle ride, spent some time trying to fakie off the 1/4, I'm hitting 3 cranks and getting half way out of the roll out, so some progress had there, I couldn't even crank half a pedal before :LolLolLolLol:

On the way home  I stopped at a small wall and spent couple of hours trying to wall ride that, I hit some sweet rides not very high but i rode them out and landed. One very sweet one I manuled out of the wall to flat which felt goooooooooood :daumenhoch: Landed on my ass a couple of times, but it's all good. This is now going to be part of my daily "On the way home from work" ride.

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2012, 04:42 PM »
boardroom friday so not realy today,   but learnt desasters on the mid size half pipe small insignificant trick but made me grinn   :daumenhoch: small steps at first .

Hellcat

« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2012, 11:05 AM »
Had 1st ride in a few weeks today, following illness, and medication and general lethargy.

Straight to Ince Park, for some 5ft concrete. Just happy to get out again and not having forgotten everything. :D

Fly outs & drop ins, disasters on mini-box, 180s on flat now very nearly rolling out. Rollbacks off ramps pulled 3 in a row, but still not everytime...Grr!

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2012, 10:27 PM »
been riding for 30 years, mostly mini ramp or street now but i've always dabbled with flatland. bought a quamen delta 2 flatland bike about 7-8 months ago and been trying to learn things without using my brakes although i still have them fitted. i can now do hang 5s about 20 ft and tonight i done my first rolling whiplash without touching my brake. well chuffed. :)

welsh denny

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2012, 08:23 PM »
some photos of me from last saturday riding at dinas powys skatepark on the outsdkirts of cardiff.

elbow glide backwards

rolling a rope

decade (havn't pulled the double on the new frame yet)

backyard/locomotive

nourie handstand

handplant kickturn on the quarter

powermower kickturn

quasimodo gurn wilton

can can one hander

a recent pic from the local paper in newport - the argus- from a demo i did at the big splash weekender festival. the other new skool rider who rode flat with me said this had the biggest reaction from the crowd all day. ha. old school rules!!

:LolLolLolLol:

Sink

« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2012, 09:03 PM »
Loving the face shots denny, glad i'm not the only one to pull the cum face :LolLolLolLol:

I tried hang 5 today, failed and can tell you, plastic pedals on bare ankles or no better than metal  :crazy2:

lewisjb2002

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2012, 04:08 PM »
I love this thread, it has inspired me to get back down the skateparks at the tender age of 29. Im not expecting to go mad just have a bit of fun again. Like the early morning idea, ill be back in the skateparks in and around southampton soon.

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • the artist formerly known as DAVE3172 !!
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2012, 01:15 PM »
 :4_17_5:
Lovin the Powermower and the handplant kickturns !!   :4_17_5: :shocked: i used to  love to pull them b.i.t.d on my "trick ramp" .....i ran a coaster then , which probably helped . ::)

had a good early morning ride today at Cadishead with Hellcat Dan, airing just out the coping on the halfpipe ( so Dan said , it didnt feel like it to me ) some nice air over the hips  ( out of the low bit hehe) and a few attempts at miami hoppers onto the flat of the halfpipe, its about ten inches up from the floor , so its cheating a bit. Miami Cheaters we'll call them   :daumenhoch: got right over onto the bar end , almost held it for a second or two before pulling back and dropping back in , it was easier with a 3  foot long seatpost and a seat with a pokey-out bit ....

I hadn't ridden since last months Rampcity lock - in so i was pretty pleased with how i rode today  :)
With Bacofoil and a Battering Ram !

Hellcat

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2012, 01:29 PM »

had a good early morning ride today at Cadishead with Hellcat Dan, airing just out the coping on the halfpipe ( so Dan said , it didnt feel like it to me ) some nice air over the hips  ( out of the low bit hehe) and a few attempts at miami hoppers onto the flat of the halfpipe, its about ten inches up from the floor , so its cheating a bit. Miami Cheaters we'll call them   :daumenhoch: got right over onto the bar end , almost held it for a second or two before pulling back and dropping back in , it was easier with a 3  foot long seatpost and a seat with a pokey-out bit ....

I hadn't ridden since last months Rampcity lock - in so i was pretty pleased with how i rode today  :)

:4_17_5: Freekin ace session today. Nearly 3 hours. Pics to follow of Dave's Miami Cheaters. I was happy to get a bit nearer the coping on airs, and the odd clean fakie, not ridden too much past few weeks. One nice 'slow motion' crash that I could feel coming so managed to flop safely without panicking. :angel:

2 Milf groupies watching too. :D One was pretty fit tbh.

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • the artist formerly known as DAVE3172 !!
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2012, 03:02 PM »
2 Milf groupies watching too. :D One was pretty fit tbh.
[/quote]

she woulda been mine , you could have had the chubby 'un  :daumenhoch: :2funny:
With Bacofoil and a Battering Ram !

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2012, 08:50 PM »
I'm 41 and still riding mate. Its a mere number.
Facebook/Fr35Hair

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2012, 04:51 PM »
We had a day and a half at Hairy Bobs in Scarborough as part of our holiday - I rolled in properly for the first time and also dropped in for the first time (by rolling along the top of the coping and sort of manualling in). My eldest lad (9) was flying, cleared the big box and was carving well fast round the bowls, all on his race bike :shocked:

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2012, 09:37 PM »
My wish list is the witchcraft hang 5 and to complete a frame whip.
Facebook/Fr35Hair

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2012, 11:36 PM »
Despite how rubbish I am, I still have a good go at it and on saturday at our private hire at Sheffield On-Board I practiced at dropping into the vert end of the bowl and got it dialled by the end of the night :coolsmiley:
Just gotta work on getting back out again with a bit more style than a wounded gazelle... good grief, I dragged my bike over the coping more than I rode it :LolLolLolLol:
Still limping......

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2012, 08:09 PM »
had a go of the airbag today, bit like jumping into a foampit. got backflips pretty wired, 360 tailwhip with 1 foot on the frame landing, and tried a 360 flip, got it all the way round but landed on my side a bit. it felt fookin excellent.

gordy

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2012, 12:38 AM »
Awesome pics mate, and killing it at 41. Nice one  :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 12:40 AM by gordy »

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2012, 03:01 PM »
Did my first proper aerial today, ie actually got above the coping. QP was about 5 foot. Not that impressive but I'm happy if I'm improving with my riding at almost 40 :daumenhoch:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2012, 07:09 PM »
I jumped off a picnic bench last night at The Boardroom. Got on and eyed it up then bottled it. Then Nosepickben made it look easy so got back up and did it.. :)

Did this last week too

Took about an hour and loads of bitch runs, One failed attempt where I caught my back wheel. Click the pic to watch.

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2012, 10:35 PM »
Yep the park bench was a hoot last night. stepped of the top of it but Ben, George and Gary made it look easy.

Must admit when I was on top of the bench it looked further to the ground than it actually was when I jumped off it!
Still limping......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Best trick you attempted or landed today...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx