gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975556 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 12, 2024, 04:02 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  JIMMYP's NOS IN THE BOX 1983 MONGOOSE PRO CLASS!! NOW WITH PICS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: JIMMYP's NOS IN THE BOX 1983 MONGOOSE PRO CLASS!! NOW WITH PICS  (Read 11399 times)

Offline Why isnt this working

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: JIMMYP's NOS IN THE BOX 1983 MONGOOSE PRO CLASS!! NOW WITH PICS
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2012, 09:54 AM »
Brilliant... :daumenhoch:

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2012, 11:04 AM »
fair play to him , proper cool thing , just a shame peeps feel the need to slag him when he aint on here to defend himself

i'd slag him any way the fookin nugget, the last thing we need is some doolally paranoid keyboard slaverer sprouting "do as i say not as i do" here to tell us the pitfalls of logical stable minded thought never mind being here to defend himself.

like i said, bike is lovely, tiz a great find but not by a great mind  :LolLolLolLol:
I'm now lost... ???
Griff loves BUM..

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2012, 11:15 AM »
fair play to him , proper cool thing , just a shame peeps feel the need to slag him when he aint on here to defend himself

What he said

Offline Andy68

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2012, 12:06 PM »
Why do people feel the need to slag the guy off? I dont care if he paid 5 quid or 50k for it, I know I'd love it & I guess everyone else on here would.

theRuler

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2012, 12:14 PM »
Yeh ya big meanies.

Now all shake hands and say fooking sorry.

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2012, 12:21 PM »
Why do people feel the need to slag the guy off? I dont care if he paid 5 quid or 50k for it, I know I'd love it & I guess everyone else on here would.

Our choice, I didn't enjoy his primary school level conspiracy claptrap and the patronising way he refused to discuss it properly, nor have I liked his tacky profiteering from BMX. I'm not afraid of expressing my opinion.

Offline oldschoolib

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2012, 12:41 PM »
just a thought would a bike frame and forks come from the factory with bb cups and head set cups, seems odd to me, serial number ? if you ve got a pro class (proper) one check yours against the number in the pic it will be different, none the less  :smitten: gorgeous

theRuler

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2012, 12:45 PM »
just a thought would a bike frame and forks come from the factory with bb cups and head set cups, seems odd to me, serial number ? if you ve got a pro class (proper) one check yours against the number in the pic it will be different, none the less  :smitten: gorgeous

You saying it's a Mk2 Burner with Mongoose stickers?

Offline oldschoolib

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2012, 12:46 PM »
once a burner always a burner  :daumenhoch:

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2012, 12:47 PM »
bit odd everything is there in kit form. its a bit too contrived ! unless it was once fully assembled and stripped or its just totally pro kit !  >:(

Offline oldschoolib

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2012, 12:48 PM »
ive had 3 or 4 different pro class in my hands and the serial numbers are different ive had my theories confirmed and shot down in flames by 2 well learned in the art of the goose fighting style members  :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2012, 12:50 PM »

Our choice, I didn't enjoy his primary school level conspiracy claptrap and the patronising way he refused to discuss it properly, nor have I liked his tacky profiteering from BMX. I'm not afraid of expressing my opinion.

which he did incessantly due to ignoring anybody elses take on the complete drivel he used to knock out,
you dudes above must have missed it or been before your time or never entered the rad lounge of doom when he was here, or been brain washed by the nugget :LolLolLolLol:

cant take the niceness of the bike away from him, fookin awesome score, great to see but he is a fookin nugget , if he got it for a tenner he's still a fookin nugget, the blokes a nugget  :)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2012, 12:52 PM »
 ;D even the box is cool  :daumenhoch:

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2012, 12:54 PM »
Don't know the bloke personally but he has one hell of a score there. Admit it, we're all jealous!!!  :laugh:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2012, 12:57 PM »
No, not jealous at all, it'd just be another iconic bike too small for me to ride :D
It IS a very interesting find and I'm pleased to have seen the pictures etc, so thanks for posting :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2012, 12:58 PM »
Don't know the bloke personally but he has one hell of a score there. Admit it, we're all jealous!!!  :laugh:

Would rather have a nos beat complete Steve hey? Imagine finding one of those in the back of a shop?  :D

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2012, 01:04 PM »

Would rather have a nos beat complete Steve hey? Imagine finding one of those in the back of a shop?  :D

and unsullied by nugget fingerprints, nice  :daumenhoch:  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2012, 01:07 PM »
Yep would rather find a NOS Streetbeat for sure, but you can't knock that piece of history right there.

And I didn't mean the jealousy thing to knock anybody there, I just meant we all wouldn't mind that in our collections.

Offline Andy68

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2012, 01:13 PM »

which he did incessantly due to ignoring anybody elses take on the complete drivel he used to knock out,
you dudes above must have missed it or been before your time or never entered the rad lounge of doom when he was here, or been brain washed by the nugget :LolLolLolLol:

cant take the niceness of the bike away from him, fookin awesome score, great to see but he is a fookin nugget , if he got it for a tenner he's still a fookin nugget, the blokes a nugget  :)

Yeah, before my time I guess and don't know the bloke so all I can do is look at the bike without any personal thoughts about the guy.  I'd still love it tho even if the owner was my worst enemy!!!  
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:14 PM by Andy68 »

lk_97

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2012, 01:17 PM »

Apparently you could get them about 10 years ago for just over £100 from America :(

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2012, 02:04 PM »

Apparently you could get them about 10 years ago for just over £100 from America :(

£79 f/f n bars boxed over here at that time, any colour ya wanted as long as it was green  :daumenhoch:

rad_pitt

« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2012, 02:05 PM »
just a thought would a bike frame and forks come from the factory with bb cups and head set cups, seems odd to me, serial number ? if you ve got a pro class (proper) one check yours against the number in the pic it will be different, none the less  :smitten: gorgeous

The question was asked. Apparently they came from the factory like this.. but it changed in 84 when they came ready built from the factory:

As Glynn said, it wasn't 5k.. fooking lovely bit of kit though  :smitten:

ozone

« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2012, 03:33 PM »
just a thought would a bike frame and forks come from the factory with bb cups and head set cups, seems odd to me, serial number ? if you ve got a pro class (proper) one check yours against the number in the pic it will be different, none the less  :smitten: gorgeous

Is 5k the current asking price then?

rad_pitt

« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2012, 03:48 PM »

Is 5k the current asking price then?

I wouldn't have the slightest idea, it's not something I look into, or lookout for. I guess if you have the money, and you want it bad enough - 5k isn't out of the realms of possibility with OS BMX prices as they are nowadays.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2012, 03:56 PM »

I'm not Jealous either, it is very nice & probably the only true Nos unbuilt one in the world & I would like it, but I wouldn't pay £5K for it, I would buy something else  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  JIMMYP's NOS IN THE BOX 1983 MONGOOSE PRO CLASS!! NOW WITH PICS

gfxgfx
gfx gfx