gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 14, 2024, 11:02 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Who makes good completes?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Who makes good completes?  (Read 2142 times)

medved

Who makes good completes?
« on: July 30, 2012, 09:17 PM »
Want to have a go at skate park, jumping stuff and learning to have fun on a bmx away from racing in the old fart cruiser class.

I know next to nothing about street bmxs.  Who has a good reputation for good geometry and quality and who should I stay away from or who is not worth the money? 

Please le me know what works and what sort of geometry I should be looking at?  (I gather street/park bikes have much shorter chainstays and top tubes).   I'm 5"6 and  race a pro xl usually (cruiser)

I'm looking to buy something that I won't have to upgrade much (apart from broken stuff) and want to get things right the first time.

Looking at WTP Volta and United Supreme SU3, but in reality don't know what's good and what's not.

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Who makes good completes?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 09:21 PM »
your not always going to get good components on completes unless you spend big bucks but some of the sunday bmx's have some good odyssey parts on them and are quite good value for money like the
Sunday Aaron Ross PRO 2012 BMX Bike

Sunday Gary Young PRO 2012 BMX Bike

shop around to get a good deal

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 10:00 PM »
Deluxe or Sunday (but not one of the vomit coloured ones)
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline Munnyella

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 08:01 AM »
The uniteds look good, Jol the crow has had 2 completes, and all that he changed on the 1st was the pedals, the 2nd he had a month but had it stolen, looked good though. He rides properly street and park.

MM
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

motomagII

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 08:04 AM »
there will be some good deals on 2012 models now and im liking loads of em but i reckon we the people are good and i like premium completes

http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/26583/Premium_Three_Ring_Bike_2010

good price and 21 inch top tube too

nosepickben

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 11:53 AM »
Sunday bikes. Great value, cater to most budgets, several good models to choose from. Now is a great time to pick up a bargain on a 2012 model as the 2013 stock will be arriving any day now.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 11:59 AM »
If you're on a budget then definitely have a look at the United range, I've just put the raffle prize United together and even though it's the base model, it has sealed bearings all round, cassette hud, extremely light, TT of about 20.75 and only £250

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:02 PM by pickle »

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 09:27 PM »
That looks nice Rob!  :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 08:46 PM »
As much as it pains me to say it, the United range is genuinely good for the money.

Any United Supreme model will do you just fine.

Give me a call at the RADBMX shop tomorrow  - we have allsorts in stock, lets have a chat  :daumenhoch:

Clean

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 08:49 PM »
That United looks peach for a base model; great colourway IMHO.  :smitten:

Agree on the comments on Sunday; the kids love 'em but that doesn't bother me.  :yahoo_silent:

I also think the Cult completes look good, but a bit pricier.  :-\

motomagII

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 08:04 AM »
that looks nice colour wise dude and to be honest yeah they are good spec for not lot cash ola

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 08:07 AM »
It is Greg, if i was looking for a complete I would be more than happy to buy one of these...........i stood over it and it feels roomy enough for me and very light considering the price.

yes there are better bikes out there, but not many at the same price range

Toblerone

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 09:25 AM »
Cult, United or F-IT all offer good completes.

RAD Shop would be the place to start for advice - the Geometry can be different on a new school if you have been used to old school for so long and its worth sitting on a few before you decide. :daumenhoch:

stuartD

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 04:00 PM »
I bought an Eastern Reaper a year ago .. the bike has taken an absolute poundin and is still in great condition the only think I've changed on it was the brake for and odyssey evo II and a nice comfy seat for my old bones.. £550 but super tight with sealed bearings everywhere .. in my opinion great value for money

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Who makes good completes?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx