gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975553 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 10, 2024, 07:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Euros at Cheddar this weekend
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Euros at Cheddar this weekend  (Read 707 times)

se

Euros at Cheddar this weekend
« on: July 07, 2006, 12:17 PM »
Anyone else going along (to watch and laze around)?

ZippyDixon

Re: Euros at Cheddar this weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 01:56 PM »
Would have loved too,bit too far for me to go just to watch,plus all those clipped in europeans would be ripping us apart.......ban the clips!!!!! :D :knuppel2:
   Stu

se

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 08:09 AM »
Stu - you were dead right. Bloody clips. And what has happened to the nation of Latvia since I last went to the Euros? Half the country must have been there over the weekend. A well organised event though so worth the trip. At least the Germans didn't win much.

Flying_fox

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 07:03 PM »
It was a superb event. The biggest BMX race to be held here since the Worlds in 96 I believe.

Just gutted I had to come home today. The bar at Cheddar has a strange pull to it. Thatchers I think they call it.

The engilsh didn't get as ripped apart a badly as the pessimists thought. We did get a few champs out of it. Shinny in Jnr Women, Mappy in one of the crowser classes, Alan Hill in the mad old mens classes (masters and 30-39), Ben Forward in 24-29. Loads of English kids made the finals. The 30+ 20" final had 3 flat pedal English riders in there. I even got out of the moto's on flats wearing jeans, then got 4 of the finalists in my quarter. :Great_Britain:

We would have had even more riders if they let every one race who wanted to (like the french) but thats a whole different matter. :-\

Yes, ban clips, but I want carbon forks banned as well. Filth.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 09:37 PM »
Yes, ban clips, but I want carbon forks banned as well. Filth.

And carbon frames, bars and cranks.  And let's ban titanium too!!  And riders with ginger hair and pony tails??   :rant: Well done to everyone at Cheddar whatever you were riding; you did us proud.  Humps

se

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 09:39 PM »
Ah I just made it on the Saturday - didn't look like such a good day for the English but then again last time I went to the Euros was 84 and we did fairly well then I remember! Cheddar is a great venue. I remember going racing and thinking great track, shame the camping area is a bit rough. Superb idea to have a track at a camp site.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Euros at Cheddar this weekend

gfxgfx
gfx gfx