gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975597 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 07, 2024, 07:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  2012 TA XL - Finished.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2012 TA XL - Finished.  (Read 7873 times)

Offline martin46

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: 2012 TA XL - Finished...sort of.
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2012, 06:59 PM »
 :daumenhoch:They ride real nice dont they? I like the slighty weightyer feel to it.

What gearing you running?

mattuknc

« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2012, 07:01 PM »
:daumenhoch:They ride real nice dont they? I like the slighty weightyer feel to it.

What gearing you running?
I'm using 36/16, could really do with a 37, but I'll keep it like this for a while.  :daumenhoch:

Offline martin46

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2012, 07:16 PM »
Same as me. Agreed, could do with gearing up a touch.

Offline martin46

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2012, 07:20 PM »
Do we know how many folk on here have bought one of these? 

I think we should have a list or their own section in the Museum. Maybe even a meet at some point? Would be cool to get a load all in one place.

mattuknc

« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2012, 09:15 AM »
Do we know how many folk on here have bought one of these? 

I think we should have a list or their own section in the Museum. Maybe even a meet at some point? Would be cool to get a load all in one place.
Not sure how many went for one. There was a lot talking about getting one... ::)

shall we start a list, as you say, open up a museum entry.  :daumenhoch:

Tidelander

« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2012, 10:52 AM »
Still waiting for mine - although to be fair I ordered one of the very last few. I have all the kit to build it delivered and waiting but no F&F yet :'(

We should get them onto a track for Skyway 24 race!

mattuknc

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2012, 04:18 PM »
Anyone elses arrived yet?!  :)

Ooooh, just noticed October BOTM has opened... 8)

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2012, 04:31 PM »
Mine is waiting for the bits to arrive. Should be built up on Saturday  :coolsmiley:

I think BOTM is going to be sponsored by Skyway  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

darksunday

« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2012, 09:08 PM »
I can see the attraction of the "24 skyway wheels but they are completely shit wheels to ride, theyr'e weak and flex really badly, the 1.75 tyre on the front looks too skinny too,
the king headset is cool but it needs a silver lower cup and a silver topcap to tie into the retro look,
the black spacer is awful in there, strip and polish it,
the profiles are fine but the chain wheel could have a little more old school flavour, same with the seat/post, the pivotal just screams new-school,
not sure about the DMR pedals either but they're great pedals and look ok,
needs a red seat clamp too,
Paul lever works a treat, the brake is nice too,
lmk if you want advice setting it up, the arms are too splayed out,
knight tuff neck would look great on it,

mattuknc

« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2012, 09:22 PM »
I can see the attraction of the "24 skyway wheels but they are completely shit wheels to ride, theyr'e weak and flex really badly, the 1.75 tyre on the front looks too skinny too,
the king headset is cool but it needs a silver lower cup and a silver topcap to tie into the retro look,
the profiles are fine but the chain wheel could have a little more old school flavour, same with the seat/post, the pivotal just screams new-school,
Thanks for that.
The tuffs are fine for riding on, I don't know what all the fuss is about.  ::)
The King headset is the 'patroit' version, that's how they come, I wanted to the 'red, white(silver) and blue look.
The 'black' spacer is actually carbon.
Any parts that look new school are new school, I wasn't trying to make it look like a bike it isn't. It's being ridden and not placed on a wall.
Any advice on the brake is appreciated. The packaging of the mono lever does state it's for the 1 3/8 wheelset so I'm just happy it's actually working.
I think the knight stem requires too many spacers/ fork chopping to get it to fit right. (IMO)
Thanks for all the interesting and thought provoking comments.  ;)

darksunday

« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2012, 09:47 PM »
Thanks for that.
The tuffs are fine for riding on, I don't know what all the fuss is about.  ::)
The King headset is the 'patroit' version, that's how they come, I wanted to the 'red, white(silver) and blue look.
The 'black' spacer is actually carbon.
Any parts that look new school are new school, I wasn't trying to make it look like a bike it isn't. It's being ridden and not placed on a wall.
Any advice on the brake is appreciated. The packaging of the mono lever does state it's for the 1 3/8 wheelset so I'm just happy it's actually working.
I think the knight stem requires too many spacers/ fork chopping to get it to fit right. (IMO)
Thanks for all the interesting and thought provoking comments.  ;)

it does look like a bike it isn't but thats the whole point? :daumenhoch:

no thanks needed, its only my opinion,
I can see the direction you were going with the patriot, and it does work, its just the blue cup that jarr's my old school eye, it'd look more old-school if it were polished,
dump the carbon, its way too modern, a simple silver spacer or better a stripped polished one would look so much better in there,
the wheels are lovely but such out-dated technology, ride them hard and they'll break, simple, no fuss,

if you disassemble the brake completely you can slide the pad carriers off of the arms, if you flip the carriers over this places the pad mounting position away from the rim, you might need a couple more slim spacers in the pads, it's trial and error until everything setups up nicely, its worth doing though as the arms being splayed out past the frame lines leaves them open to damage, they dont lock on aswell and they wont catch your trouser legs :daumenhoch:

darksunday

« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2012, 09:53 PM »
I actually like the fact that the profile h.i.p stem doesn't have the 2 big clamp bolts on the back,
its the one thing thats so obviously mid/new,

do they make a top-load version? ;)

the knight tuff neck would be worth having the clamp bolts for me though, its just SO old school,
chopping the steerer is no biggy,

mattuknc

« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2012, 04:09 PM »
Changed rear brake for a DXR one.  :daumenhoch:

gossa

Re: 2012 TA XL - Finished.
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2012, 10:04 PM »
mate you need to swap the brake block spacers over as there is too much exposed cable at the top and the pad will not contact correctly. There's a wide and narrow pair (male/female) of spacers on each side of the brake block and caliper, swap em over to reduce the cable amount and get the pads hitting square.

Hope that helps ya.

mattuknc

« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2012, 09:49 AM »
mate you need to swap the brake block spacers over as there is too much exposed cable at the top and the pad will not contact correctly. There's a wide and narrow pair (male/female) of spacers on each side of the brake block and caliper, swap em over to reduce the cable amount and get the pads hitting square.

Hope that helps ya.
Ahhh, cheers, I shall have a look at that.  :daumenhoch:

mattuknc

« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2012, 03:13 PM »
Much better now.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  2012 TA XL - Finished.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx