gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975569 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 20, 2024, 01:02 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Old git thinking about giving BMX another go.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old git thinking about giving BMX another go.  (Read 899 times)

Offline Guvnor

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Old git thinking about giving BMX another go.
« on: December 05, 2013, 07:20 PM »
Hello, I'm thinking about having another crack at riding BMX and have been looking at a few bikes this past month. Interested in the Haro 500.1 and thought I would do a search on here to see if there were any reviews. Somehow I managed to do a shout for a Haro 500 instead of a search though : )

I used to ride back in the early to mid eighties. Wasn’t very good but loved it all the same. Back in 2003 when I was in my early 30's I did the nostalgia thing and built up a couple of old school bikes. A Haro Sport that I rode and a Skyway Streetbeat that ended up on my wall before I was persuaded to sell it to a fellow rider who wanted it for his son.

After a few months of riding the Sport I decided to get a modern bike and purchased a new Hoffman Condor Pro. The difference was amazing and I never rode the Haro again. Rode for about a year and a half before my riding buddy fell off and smashed his head in right in front of me at Rom. I kind of went off riding after that and as I had moved from Essex to Brighton during this time the riding tailed off and I ended up selling both the Haro and the Hoffman towards the end of 2005.

Too much 'high life' ended up with me putting on a ton of weight over the years and this time last year when I turned 40 I went on a diet and started exercising to shift it all. I'm 41 now and back in shape which got me to thinking about having another crack at riding BMX before I get too old and turn into a husk. There's loads of places to ride here in Brighton so I wouldnt have to travel too far either.

I've noticed that the latest bikes seem to have no front brake, massive front tyres and a very low seat! As I mentioned I've been looking at the Haro 500.1 but if any of you have better bike reccomendations please let me know.

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
Re: Old git thinking about giving BMX another go.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 07:42 PM »
Hello arrogant avatar!

Welcome to the UK's best old school BMX site. There are some smashing people on here, I mean really great guys who will be more than happy to help with anything you require.

Don't talk to me.

griff

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 09:26 PM »
Good evening and welcome  :daumenhoch:

Offline Guvnor

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 09:31 PM »
Thanks Griff  :)

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 09:27 AM »
welcome to rad  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Old git thinking about giving BMX another go.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx