gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975597 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 08, 2024, 04:48 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Cone spanner size for new school front wheels?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cone spanner size for new school front wheels?  (Read 1309 times)

Offline paulb113

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Cone spanner size for new school front wheels?
« on: October 16, 2014, 06:19 PM »
What size spanner to I need to adjust the front wheel cone nuts on a new school bike? Been trying with adjustable and knackered old spanners with no luck, just can't get it toi tighten enough and wheel is annoying me :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Cone spanner size for new school front wheels?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 09:22 AM »
Has it got sealed bearings?
I have had it in the past where the axle is slightly too long as if it has stretched, And the bearings are as tight as they can be against the axle shoulder,But the hub/wheel is moving on the outer bearing case.
Or the sealed cartridge bearing is shot and has movement, Remember a gnats of movement in the bearing can be a few mm at the rim.

Offline paulb113

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 04:08 PM »
I think its sealed bearing? Only had bike a few weeks and not even rode it! It was fine but I had put the wheel and tyre on the wrong :LolLolLolLol:

Offline paulb113

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 02:36 PM »
Gary I took off the cone nuts and it had a washer between them and the sealed bearing it was going inwards slightly,turned washer round and problem solved :daumenhoch:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 09:37 PM »
 :daumenhoch:
Gary I took off the cone nuts and it had a washer between them and the sealed bearing it was going inwards slightly,turned washer round and problem solved :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Cone spanner size for new school front wheels?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx