gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975568 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 19, 2024, 06:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Hello advise needed...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hello advise needed...  (Read 897 times)

Offline SAFRANEV6RXE

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Hello advise needed...
« on: November 02, 2014, 08:33 PM »
Hi
Just joined and want some advise please.
I,ve never owned a BMX but alway admire the old school/retro bikes i see on E-bay or on the odd time in my local park with Dads my age(42)riding them at a cruising pace!
Now thats what i want,i don,t have a BMX and i,am on the look out for one,i,ve spotted a few nice Aero reflexs go through E-bay and i love the chrome frames etc and a set of mags would look great i think,but at the moment the exact bike i fancy isn,t on there for sale,but there was a few crackers in completed items,but they have sold.
Also i like the GT perfomerhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1988-GT-Performer-Bmx-Old-school-Retro-Vintage-rare-haro-redline-oldskool-nos-/221590455874?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item3397d20642
But what worries me is that it has been through E-bay several times unsold,so this is ringing alarm bells that its not as nice as it looks???
I would like a bit of advise please and if anyone has a minter for sale for sensible money and can send it please contact me ASAP,i can get the GT cheaper than the opening bid,hope you can help.

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Hello advise needed...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 08:57 PM »
 :welcome to  :radbmxsmilie:  :daumenhoch:

Most bikes sell better broken down than completes, probably people like building them.

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 09:45 AM »
 :welcome to Rad.  :daumenhoch:

Get a site supporter tag and put up a wanted ad for a complete bike and keep an eye on the for sale section... some thing will come up. You've got less chance of getting your fingers burnt here than on ebay.  ;)
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 09:51 AM »
If it's gone through ebay a number of times unsold then the only person it should ring alarm bells for is the seller as it's obviously listed too damn expensive. Most people these days know the price of stuff and, unless it's that final piece to their long standing jigsaw, will not pay silly prices.

Welcome aboard
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Hello advise needed...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx