gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975557 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 12, 2024, 06:59 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Has the old school BMX world finally lost the plot.....?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Has the old school BMX world finally lost the plot.....?  (Read 5382 times)

Offline chrisv39

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Has the old school BMX world finally lost the plot.....?
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2016, 09:10 PM »
Just had a look through his other stuff for sale. Some suspiciously high bids! £60 for brake cables £80+ for a Suntour seatclamp and still time to go on them.

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2016, 09:22 PM »
Nothing suspicious goes on with what Jeff sells to be fair to him, it's more down to all the followers he has and knowing it's guaranteed genuine nos they're getting !. Time after time his stuff sells for over the top prices.
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

griff

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2016, 10:50 PM »
:whistle: ;D

Those bars that Haney is selling are first gen powerwings which are slightly more desirable than the next gen decals, but not by much.
Obviously everything Haney sells goes for way over the top as loads of folk worship his sales and have done for years.

Mugs

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2016, 11:03 PM »
Nothing suspicious goes on with what Jeff sells.
I am going to have to disagree with you here Ash, sorry.
BANNED

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2016, 12:30 PM »
Fits n starts

Star bars used to be big big money £500+ and that was  10 odd years ago, its a roller coaster and only experience, insight and patience  pays off in most collecting circles.  Its the patience bit that people struggle with, those who dive in create the high prices

Offline sparky

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2016, 08:34 PM »
You think that's bad......the problem is while there are people out there prepared to pay ludicrous prices, it just ruins it for the majority.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2016, 12:27 AM »
Nothing suspicious goes on with what Jeff sells

£60 for a rear cable? Really? And that's UK money. $87 for it just is not realistic. I will take my rear off my brake set and put it on Ebay, and I bet it makes nowhere near that money  :buck2:

BANNED

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2016, 07:55 AM »
I read a thread on FB last night where the guy who paid $777.00 for some NOS power wings was happy to tell us all that "it was me" who paid for these :uglystupid2:

I think a lot of these prices aren't  helped by a lot of the unhealthy "look at me!" vibe generated on FB  :knuppel2:
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2016, 08:18 AM »
I read a thread on FB last night where the guy who paid $777.00 for some NOS power wings was happy to tell us all that "it was me" who paid for these :uglystupid2:

I think a lot of these prices aren't  helped by a lot of the unhealthy "look at me!" vibe generated on FB  :knuppel2:

Nail. Head. Some grotesque show offs on FB, who are actually acting like they are still 13 too
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2016, 01:48 PM »

There's a guy on FB currently, he may just as well show us the pics of the inside of his wallet. This sounds like jealousy on my part, it ain't, I'm just not into cash cows, no heart in their builds.

I'd rather see a Lew-ways or a Piranha, that someone has spent months collecting parts for and taken the time to construct a nice documented build.

'Ta-dah' builds, not for me.  Thumbs down

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2016, 01:54 PM »

Nail. Head. Some grotesque show offs on FB, who are actually acting like they are still 13 too

Got to agree there Mark , it's something i noticed straightaway after joining FB .... pretty sad really but each to there own .

WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2016, 07:22 PM »
I like the low, medium and high end equally. It would be a bit boring if money was no object, and you could offer or pay huge amounts for parts. It's the hunt for parts and working out your budget/waiting for a better priced part that makes up a massive part of the enjoyment for me. Was hovering over a lovely set of Bullseye cranks last night in the region of £400. Was very temped, but resisted as I don't have a frame/forks to put them on, and my two current builds have already cost a fair bit, (despite one being a so called budget build Burner). My OCD kicks in, so a budget build never actually is a budget build. Bought a complete for £170. Rims were £200 to get re-chromed. You get the idea  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • I left it in the garden......
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2016, 09:03 PM »

I wonder if he was so bold as to tell his wife? The wife keeps me real - for the things she sees of course, not the thins she doesn't!
When I was born, the world was a far simpler place.
It was all just cops and robbers.
And BMX.

Offline chrisv39

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2016, 09:46 PM »
Nothing suspicious goes on with what Jeff sells

£60 for a rear cable? Really? And that's UK money. $87 for it just is not realistic. I will take my rear off my brake set and put it on Ebay, and I bet it makes nowhere near that money  :buck2:

The blue and black rear cables went for over £100!!!

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2016, 11:33 PM »
Complete shill bids if you ask me  :yahoo_silent:
BANNED

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • I left it in the garden......
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2016, 06:31 AM »
Complete shill bids if you ask me  :yahoo_silent:
I think its a strong possibility. I watch and monitor lots of the stuff from US sellers on both Ebay and the Museum. At these prices in the US they usually sit there unsold - the US guys wont pay as they have a greater chance of eventually finding the same part cheaper (as we and they know there are so many more parts available over there that prices don't get as silly as they do here) - the UK guys cant / wont pay the prices as the price rises once its shipped through Customs and Excise.....unless of course they are cash rich or have a route in where they don't have to pay the import. But again, some sellers do have lots of followers and if they do have that 'one off chance' part then the prices will go high....

I recently paid silly money for a NOS red Shotgun II seat, but, as earlier comments, I wouldn't gloat about it. As someone mentioned earlier "Mugs" - not really, I was actually really pi88ed off with myself after I'd done it, but that is part of the hobby, I know if I want the exact part, being in the UK with what seems to be a really competitive market for parts (unless your well connected), I'm going to have to pay at some time.

When I was born, the world was a far simpler place.
It was all just cops and robbers.
And BMX.

In2bmx

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2016, 08:40 AM »
I have a very nice rare as fook stem for sale ... Nobody is interested  :-[  ..

Maybe if i ship it to Jeff   :)   I bet he would get £600 for it  ;) ;D

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2016, 08:54 AM »
I have a very nice rare as fook stem for sale ... Nobody is interested  :-[  ..

Maybe if i ship it to Jeff   :)   I bet he would get £600 for it  ;) ;D

:LolLolLolLol: :D

...and  I've got some pretty rare green tyres and nobody wants them either Carl!  :P ;) :LolLolLolLol:
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Has the old school BMX world finally lost the plot.....?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx