gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 12:51 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden Final Round... Full preview
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hersden Final Round... Full preview  (Read 7800 times)

oldmankev

Re: Hersden Final Round... Full preview
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2006, 10:22 PM »
This is sounding like a really good meet, might have to round up the
South coast boys and make the long trip as my bike aint been out
since Harworth.

TK The Mic

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2006, 10:27 PM »
Kev, you and the guys would be more than welcome, especially after the washout from last weekend at Dunstable.

TK the MIC

muttley

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2006, 11:45 AM »
some news just in :smiley6600:.
the local news paper will also be covering this event and every thing bmx :4_17_5:. they will be interviewing myself regarding the britts :Great_Britain:, the olympics and old school bmx etc and others involved in the hersden track etc etc. hopefully this will be good for the track and bmx in the area :Great_Britain:

Thats great news Phil, more advertising for the sport and for Hersden  :4_17_5:
Lets see if we can get a shout in the rag for RADBMX  :daumenhoch:

nic968

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2006, 05:21 PM »
 Will there be an old school cruiser race????

wolfybmx

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2006, 06:36 PM »
if you want

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2006, 07:50 PM »
I'll be riding in the old school class on my Cruiser. ;D ;D ;D

oldskoolsux

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2006, 07:54 PM »
Went up there tonight, Even after all the rain it's riding the best it ever has.

TK The Mic

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2006, 10:22 AM »
Nic968, if you want to ride your cruiser in the Old Skool group, thats fine, we are only a grass roots track and nobody will disqualify you for that, the fact you are a radbmxer qualifies you anyway.

TK the MIC

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2006, 10:31 AM »
I might race my Kappa Starsky, Got to make a few amendments to it first but at least I'll then have 20inch wheels. I'll bring my cruiser as well if it's finished by then.

Last race of the year and it's looking to be a good one. :daumenhoch:

TK The Mic

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2006, 10:38 AM »
Looking at the posts on this thread, if all the riders show up that are on this thread, we could be close to our biggest Old Skool turnout, which was 16 riders  . That was June last year.

Semi Finals anyone!!!!

TK the MIC

Rooonga

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2006, 11:57 AM »
I've got the Leary Turbo ready to ride on. It's got all the wrong parts - but it was all I had laying around. Also the Brew is asking me every day to bring her out to a track, so hope to be riding old school and cruiser too.

Are there age groups in the cruiser class?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2006, 02:01 PM »
There's only the two classes Paul. Old and Stupid and Stupid and Old. I ride in both of these  :LolLolLolLol:

jazzyje

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2006, 02:02 PM »
cruiser is cruiser with no age limit.although i would pubicly shame any quick young buck who thought he could take a few easy wins by racing the old boys.got some medals for the racing sunday and of course the end of season presentation.please if you are racing wear your race gear as it will look cool in the pictures for the papers.

wolfybmx

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2006, 02:28 PM »
 :daumenhoch: :4_17_5: :Great_Britain:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2006, 10:27 PM »
Trust Hersden hasn't had as much of the wet stuff as we've had in north Kent.  What's the track like down there??  I don't think the track would like my weight if it's a bit soggy and I'd have to pull out!!  Not bad excuse that - must remember it for the future!!  Humps

oldskoolsux

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2006, 09:09 AM »
It was perfect with no wet bits on wednesday evening (after earlier rain), It did rain all day yesterday, but track drys quick.

Supposed to be dry and sunny all weekend down here so should be perfect.

No excuses Humps

TK The Mic

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2006, 11:31 AM »
Trying to worm your out already humps! under new pre registration rules I have you down for Old Skool, Cruiser, King of Dirt and high jump comp.

Seriously tho its a beautiful day in EK today with more of the same promised tomorrow.

ENJOY

TK the MIC

TK The Mic

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2006, 11:56 AM »
Just to let you know of the meeting format, so those riding both  Cruiser and Old Skool can rest easy tonight.

MOTOS
1ST  7 years and under
2nd  8 and 9 years
3      10 and 11 years
4      CRUISERS
5       12 to 14 years
6       15 plus
7       Girls
8       OLD SKOOL

INTERVAL  featuring KING OF DIRT hosted by the one and only JAZZY JE, High jump comp, followed by any run offs or Semis

B,C,D FINALS
1. CRUISER
2 7s and under
3 8 and 9 yrs
4 10 and 11 yrs
5 12 to 14 yrs
6  15 plus
7 Girls
8 OLD SKOOL

A FINALS
1 CRUISER
2 7s and under
3 8 and 9 yrs
4  10 and 11 yrs
5  12 and 14 yrs
6  15 plus
7 OLD SKOOL
8  Girls 12 yrs and under

Girls A final will be last as that is the closest group with the title very much up for grabs, any one of three riders can win it, sound familiar OLD SKOOLERS!

Any questions! 

No, Good!

TK the MIC

kamodo

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2006, 08:17 PM »
Bringing the remainder of my old school bits and pieces tomorrow, Wolfy is going to evilbay the lot for me, but bring some pennies boys as it all has to go....be good to see you again Zipster  :)

jazzyje

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2006, 08:22 PM »
top race today lads.loads of oldschoolers back for the last race of the year and we certainly missed ya.thanks gary for the raffle bike.one of the hersden bmx familys got it so it will be well used and well looked after.theres only the mum and the baby that dont race!hoped you all liked the end of season trophys.it was so great to see all the smiles on the kids faces as they got something nice for all the hard work they have put in all year.having the all rounds to count rule may not be popular but it rewards commitment and we at hersden think thats a good thing.
   it all got a bit mad when the bike got nicked but full marks to the hersden massive.we got it back and got told to ask no questions.
   big thanks to the humps crew.they have supported us all year,lending out bikes and fixing them in there droves.bbq was a nice touch and it was amazing how many you can feed on £50 worth of cash and carry burgers.thanks tish and lynn.top bmx mums.
    people dont realise how close we were to not having a summer series at all and julie (warlocks sister) saved the day by sorting the money out and getting the track resurfaced.she knocked herself out today after asking for a mums race.that'll teach her.she was ok though and still managed to do call up.another top bmx mum.
   hope you all had a good time and look forward to seeing you all next year.check the website nearer the day for the possibility of a new years race.this will only happen weather permitting and will be at short notice.after the pain of last year we feel this is the only way to go on this.cheers lads,justin.

many thanks to our sponsors,  tibbs cycles,steve jenks track builders and our very own RADBMX.cheers billy!!!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2006, 08:40 PM »
Had a great day today. My only regret this season was breaking my wrist and not being able to race in all the races as planed.

Looking forward to next years summer series and plan on making as many races as possible.

My daughter Charlotte should also be racing next year so that'll be something else to worry about  :LolLolLolLol:

Great to see some new faces there today as well and hopefully they'll be attending all the races next year.

Big up to the Wolfster though for his commanding performance this year. He'll have a much harder challenge next year though.  :daumenhoch:

MeddlE

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2006, 09:06 PM »
Todays turnout of mature (I use the term loosely) riders.

Kamodo taking it easy as he's flying out in 9 days time. ;D

Hersdens youngest rider, only 3 years old, she started racing when she was 2!!

Logan, who's dad managed to donate some skin to the Hersden track.  First time racing at the age of 7, made his groups A final and also got Rider Of The Day trophy.
Front wheel in the air over the first doubles already too!

Overall I took 142 pics and three videos, it'll take some time to sort the best pics out and get the old skool A final video down from it's current 88mb.

Top day, many thanks to Justin, Tony and all the others that put the effort in to make Hersden what it is.

jazzyje

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2006, 09:14 PM »
great pics graham.logan is only five which makes his A final appearance and rider of the day trophy all the more deserving.all the champs win their first race and he won his.this lad has not a little talent me thinks :coolsmiley:.

MeddlE

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2006, 09:31 PM »
5?!!!  Jeez, I need to clean my ears out.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2006, 09:41 PM »
Top days' racing and entertainment as always from the Hersden gang.  Huge thanks to Justin and Tony for all the hard work they've put in to the Series this summer.   Can't believe there had been rain during the week as the track was as dry and hard as ever.  That's a dodgy group of guys in the picture MeddlE but some of them have been the stars of the Series and Wolfy has certainly got that track dialled in nicely.  Great to see some new faces and well done to Logan on getting Rider of the Day but I feel guilty about his dad's deposit of skin on the track as I lent him my DK just to try the track and down he went, fortunately without damage (to my bike I mean!!).  With the King of Dirt and High Jump contest between the motos and Finals it was an action-packed day.  I got a picture of this pair of Radders but very few others I'm afraid:
KDW712 and Muttley in practice

Looking forward to 2007 and I'm definitely going to jump those first doubles next year!!  Humps

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden Final Round... Full preview

gfxgfx
gfx gfx