gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 03:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Cash Matthews and what we are about
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cash Matthews and what we are about  (Read 2232 times)

Offline reilley1

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Cash Matthews and what we are about
« on: October 13, 2005, 09:02 PM »
I recently posted a request at vintage  for a scan or a copy of the Bicycle Motocross News issue with Dave Clinton on the cover to go with Dave's Kawasaki.  Shot in the dark and even a pipe dream I figured.

(Pic courtesy 23Mag)

Lo and Behold, a man dropped off a package from a certain Mr Cash Matthews about 20 mins ago.  Inside the issue I was looking for and also a seperate one. 

i was stunned.  I kept looking at something from my past.  Something that impressed me so much that I rank it up there with one of the top 3 highlights of my a Facebook group.

I was once again 13 years old waiting for the late great Tom DeRosier of Tom's Bike Shop in El Centro California to open the door cause I knew the new issue of Bicycle Motocross news had arrived.

Once again there was Dave Clinton doing something so incredibly amazing that i took the issue, read about all the stuff, looked at a picture of someone named Bob Osborn racing a father's day bikes and left the shop almost forgetting to pay for the paper.

I remember that I walked  about half a block were my dad worked at Womack Mitchell's Chevrolet and showed him the picture.  His reply was "He crashed."
We even made a bet about it.

As I am looking through the paper, the memories come flashing back about Randall and Sylmar and many other places.  There's a few pictures of my friend Cash Matthews, a blurb about Stu  endoing at WSA after coming back from his "football injury," and a mention about some kid from San Diego named Booby Nybo submitting a drawing that they were not able to print. 

But again, there's that cover.  I sigh and look up and there's the same bike sitting on a stand and close to it is the poster version of the picture that I made recently. The bike that I got from David with the help of the cool Bob (Oz) Osborn

As we age, we hang on to memories.  Thanks to Mr Cash Matthews, once again I have relived memories that I hold dear.

Thank you my friend.

This, my UK BMX brothers, it what we are all about
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 09:03 PM by reilley1 »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Cash Matthews and what we are about

gfxgfx
gfx gfx