gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975560 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 13, 2024, 03:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  newcastle upon tyne whats left of the old tracks.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: newcastle upon tyne whats left of the old tracks.  (Read 1190 times)

gavking

newcastle upon tyne whats left of the old tracks.
« on: February 21, 2007, 09:09 PM »
I went out for a ride on sunday with a couple of mates and rode to the old newburn track and the dunston track to have a look  we also stopped at the old voodoo trails but there was nothing too see as they had been flattened.
Below are a few pics of newburn and dunston tracks.
Dunston was used in the 80s for the kellogs series with the like of leary ruffell tim march ect.
One of the pros got his bike stolen and the parts turned up on certain kids bikes in newcaslte.
Newburn was famous for its uphill berms little Craig hunter more or less lived on the track.
THe ones of grass are newburn and the ones where you can see dolomite are dunston.
Powder monkey has gone so have cramlington , kenton, waverdale, windy nook teeside and I think washington is still there.
On a positive note though hartleypool have a very nice new track built.

yoda

Re: newcastle upon tyne whats left of the old tracks.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 02:19 PM »
Nothing left of Washington F-pit track other than grass and hills, same as Windy Nook. Not sure about Teeside??? Hartlepool is arguably one of the best tracks in the country (thanks to the hard work of the guys down there) there was also a new track built in a place called Hetton which was ok when I had a little blast last year. As for the guys that were involved with voodoo they built new trails near the Race Course which have been flourishing for a few years now.... On another note there must be at least ten concrete skateparks I could list all within a fifteen mile radius of Newcastle  :daumenhoch:  http://www.northeastbmx.co.uk/  have a look on there for more NE based info.....

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 02:54 PM »
Wow, what history.  I bet it wouldn't take much to get that grassy one up and running again, would it?

gavking

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 07:40 PM »
You wouldn't want to get it up and running again it was crap in the eighties!!
As for the race course trails they have been re done for this year and just need smoothing out after the winter
So if ya going down in the summer please show a bit of respect for the locals as they spent a lot of time on them and big wheels keep wrecking them. They dont like big wheels or people that dont look after the jumps.
And please no diggin as the parky says no more.
Think it will be a good scene down there in the summer for the new school and kev as he is getting old now too!! So I suppose he is now old school although he can still ride very well and digs like a dozer.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  newcastle upon tyne whats left of the old tracks.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx