gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975561 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 13, 2024, 06:54 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  woody itson flatland comp run
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: woody itson flatland comp run  (Read 1066 times)

retrorider.u.k

woody itson flatland comp run
« on: March 25, 2007, 11:48 PM »

r.l osborn too  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 11:50 PM by retrorider.u.k »

highrisedrifter

Re: woody itson flatland comp run
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 12:04 AM »
I love the flatland technical freestyle. Those vids were a nice find.

WizardWeb

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 12:20 AM »
how many pedal cages must Woody have got through? Good job he was sponsored and he's not buying them at todays prices !  :LolLolLolLol:

What puzzles me is why does RL spin the bars back when he's got a rotor? It doesn't come across like he means it as a trick.... ???

highrisedrifter

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 12:23 AM »

What puzzles me is why does RL spin the bars back when he's got a rotor? It doesn't come across like he means it as a trick.... ???

I thought that too. Force of habit maybe? Could be nervousness too I guess.

Trev

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 12:27 AM »
Cool find. I love watching old school flatland....  I especially loved these two clips as there was not a single trick on there i couldn't do bitd, albeit about a year or so after that....

A bit dubious about the year it claimed to be though. 1985. Maybe it was.  But there were a couple of very new tricks in there for the time.  Woody's pedal picker.  Think that may have been invented very late 1985.  The quickspin though, I'm pretty sure that was 86.  I remember Scott Freeman coming over in 86 and showing us a trick that had only just been invented.

A bit disappointed with some of Woody's run though.  Three attempts to pull a cherry picker? Most brits at that time were pulling them first time, every time.

I think if you saw a lot of the US competition runs from back then, you'd realise that they weren't that far ahead of us as the magazines or competition organisers would have liked us to believe.

That aside, they were two great riders and two great runs.  Great find.  :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 12:30 AM »

I thought that too. Force of habit maybe? Could be nervousness too I guess.

Was weird, considering he did them a few times and just on their own.  I used to sometimes spin the bars for the hell of it though.  Usually though after I did a decade or something like that.  But they used to be very quick and pretty much done instantly after pulling a trick, so that it was almost like a link.

DIVOT1

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 12:20 AM »
 :daumenhoch:

blindingsun

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 10:59 PM »
thats cheating, they are using brakes..

madall

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 05:01 AM »
This is a decent one of fiola

romboijon

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 08:56 AM »
good vids  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 11:52 AM »
Great vid that, isn't that ron wilkinson on the GT at the end, in the blue trousers?

Fiola was way smooth on the flatland stuff.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  woody itson flatland comp run

gfxgfx
gfx gfx