gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 12:47 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  KOC - Trying to work out the year !!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: KOC - Trying to work out the year !!  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Stace

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
KOC - Trying to work out the year !!
« on: May 03, 2007, 10:04 PM »
Not much to go on but only pix I have but trying to work out the year.  Its 90 summin  :coolsmiley:

SteveW on the decks !!

:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Trev

Re: KOC - Trying to work out the year !!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 12:15 AM »
It's gotta be after 1991.  I think that was  the last comp i competed it.  Seeing Fearless Ramps sprayed on the ramps must give a clue.  I think TwoBobRob may have a few better clues...

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 01:42 AM »
Lets see now......

Bandstand is still complete,  old vert ramp and what looks like the original jumpbox so I'm gonna go with 96-97.  If that rider is Mirra  (I can't quite tell)
  then I think that makes it 96.

Jesus Christ - thats 10+ years ago!!!!  where the hell did that decade go...   :'(

Trev

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 01:46 AM »
I think I spent that decade at the pub or going to watch football...  :(   Trev - The Wasted Years...

theRuler

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 10:46 AM »
if it is mirra then it's 95

is it jamie bestwick, 1996?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 03:55 PM »
its not Mirra now I look again - his feet are the wrong way round I believe.  95 is too early for Fearless Ramps.  My first two KOCs were 94&5 and I went there as a regular punter.  Fearless came along in 96 I think, our first 'proper' gig was late in 95.

Based on that, I think you're right Ruler.  96 it is   ;)

On a side note,  the graffitti artist that did the paintwork for us did about 10 pieces in all with that one being one of the smallest.  He was finished within an hour, the lot.  Truly amazing to watch.  I'd love to have a talent like that... 

Trev

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 12:39 AM »
Tim Goldie of Ceramic Rabbit fame.,,,  He is the graf master....  His work is truly legendary.....  He was even given a wall at school.  His artistary is as good as anyone you will ever see....  If only I could get him back on a bike..... I'm working on it.....

Steve_W

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 08:02 AM »
Most interesting!  My memories of KOC are, I'm afraid, very hazy!  I even got interviewed by MTV on one of 'em (I DJed 2 or 3 years on the trot)...another scrap of info that might shed some more light on it, is I got an orange annivesary t shirt one year, and I remember wearing it on holiday in 1997, so it must have been before that (maybe it was 10 years of KOC?)

I dunno, anyway, Stace picked my brains, but I'm afraid the old grey matter is kind of, well, shot to bits!

zed4130

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 08:21 AM »
I think I spent that decade at the pub or going to watch football...  :(   Trev - The Wasted Years...

:LolLolLolLol: me too pure wasted and i nearly got banged up for a long time  :-\ sad times , the dark days  :crazy2:

Offline Stace

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 09:38 AM »
I think I spent that decade at the pub or going to watch football...  :(   Trev - The Wasted Years...

:LolLolLolLol: me too pure wasted and i nearly got banged up for a long time  :-\ sad times , the dark days  :crazy2:

Now that sounds like a new comic strip I'l like to read  >:D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  KOC - Trying to work out the year !!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx