gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975559 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 13, 2024, 06:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  You'll Never Change My Mind.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: You'll Never Change My Mind.  (Read 3381 times)

sonic-1

Re: You'll Never Change My Mind.
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2006, 01:25 PM »
wots wrong with a nice satin black bike they look cool
but can see what yer mean the new frames all look alike

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2006, 01:45 PM »
some of the nu skool frames and parts are now beautifully machined and available in all sorts of colours/anoidised colours.

if you chosse items carefully (coloured spokes/nipples/hubs/sprockets etc) you can build up a real nice looking bling bike

also in brighton all the nu skool kids have given their black bikes make overs, i've never seen so many colours, even spraying their rims two tone etc

saying that i now fancy a black chrome bike :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2006, 01:55 PM »
saying that i now fancy a black chrome bike

:LolLolLolLol: funny you should say that, it just so happens that I'm building a black/chrome bike at the minute, never had a black bike before apart from one I sold on without riding/restoring and another I stripped to paint a proper colour  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2006, 02:23 PM »
cool is it black and chrome? or black chrome like a night burner?

black and gold nu skool bikes look cool too, how about a deep metalic black or two tone balck and dark metallic silver

when most of the youngsters respray their bikes, they usually look a mess, overspray on tyres, spokes etc, not like us oldies who sprip them down, primer, fill the chips, wet and dry etc ;D

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2006, 02:55 PM »
This is New School & not black  :daumenhoch:

Matt

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2006, 08:43 PM »
cool is it black and chrome? or black chrome like a night burner?

Just black and chrome (with a little bit of white).

A black chrome new school frame sounds wicked  :daumenhoch:

Jazzchimp

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2006, 08:53 PM »
i'm a bit of a liddite also, for me OS bikes just have that same sex appeal something like an Aston Martin DB5 has. a je ne se quoi, but then half of me loves the era as well as the bikes

selfpreservation

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2006, 09:10 PM »
keira knightly is beautiful, fatama whitbread is strong who would you rather ride?

jeff spicoli

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2006, 10:00 AM »
New school rules and I am 40. As much as I loved the 80's and had the time of my life the Bikes are better now. I have broken a few old school bikes bitd bikes like a Haro gen 1 a Torker or two And several G.T Performers oh and a P.K Ripper.

I had a go on a friends old school ride (Haro sport) a few weeks ago at the skatepark and it felt weak and fragile compared to my new school bike.

If you are bmxing for nostalgic reasons then old school is fine but if like me you are 4 stone heavier and still going for it then you have no choice but to go new school.

My bike is black but so was a Performer I took on the G.T world tour in 84. I am getting a old school ride but just for nostalgic reasons.

MeddlE

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2006, 10:22 AM »
I have broken a few old school bikes bitd bikes like a Haro gen 1

I hope RomBloke doesn't see this. ;D

jeff spicoli

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2006, 10:24 AM »
I have broken a few old school bikes bitd bikes like a Haro gen 1

I hope RomBloke doesn't see this. ;D
[/quote

I have seen a lot of bust gen 1 frames and they all crack in the same place on the gusset. I was gutted when mine broke and I was only 11 stone then.

MeddlE

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2006, 11:52 AM »
You'll make him cry! ;D

rom_kid_04

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2006, 11:53 AM »
his ones got a crack in the gusset any how

jeff spicoli

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2006, 01:05 PM »
I ride a DK Dayton and even though its nothing special it is a lot better than any bike I had in the 80's. I did get a lot more excited back then about a new bike and I think thats what you are trying to recapture with these old school bikes. I was never into the bright colour thing although I did have a lavender Performer once. Its all about what floats your boat and if you feel you are keeping the faith with an old school ride the good on you but its new school and black all the way for me these days.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  You'll Never Change My Mind.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx