gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 07, 2024, 01:55 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  winstanley's
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: winstanley's  (Read 9757 times)

puss in boots

winstanley's
« on: July 27, 2005, 02:18 PM »
has anyone ever bought anything from winstanleys?  ??? that has been in stock?  ???

just ordered a bike and they haven't got it in  >:(
this happened when i tried to get wheels from them too!  :(

the online shop says they have all this stuff, and when i order it they send an email saying they havent got it in stock and they will be getting it  in the next 2-3 weeks...  They NEVER have it  >:(
anyone else have this problem ? or is it just me!!  :'(

Sanmarcopizza

Re: winstanley's
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 02:45 PM »
Last week I ordered a bike. Arrived the next day. £130 cheaper than anyone else ! Happy Bunny.

The-flying-banana

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 04:26 PM »
 :)had this problem with them too asked for a set of blue hoffman grips and they asked if i'd like an alternative a week later so i said yes and mint green ones appeared :-\

Still waiting on my barcode decals that are in stock --------------------2 months ago :-\

daze

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 05:41 PM »
alans   ;)

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 06:02 PM »
I've had the same problem.  Very few things actually in stock and they are unable to give a date when stuff will be in stock in most cases.  So I always get a refund.  Nothing wrong with their service when they do have items tho.
Neil

rom_kid_04

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 06:20 PM »
just seen some arm and knee pads i like but im uncertain wether to order them because they are more than likely to be out of stock i know ill get a refund but itll be a waste of time

billy-bmx

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 06:36 PM »
i ordered grips on sunday night and got them this morning :)

MeddlE

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 06:39 PM »
Rom Kid, look here for pads --> http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Categories.aspx?CategoryID=221

Never had a problem with Winstanleys, everything has always turned up next day.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 06:51 PM »
same here, best way to do it is over the phone.

WizardWeb

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 07:30 PM »
I like Winstanley's. In 93 me and a friend brought our bikes from there and if I recall they turned up next day, no problem. Since then I've got a few bits and bobs and never had a problem.

Alans are good too though.

puss in boots

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 08:07 PM »
 :o well i ordered it with alans now..... and im sure if they had it in stock it would be ok  ;)

Lazarou

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005, 10:32 PM »
Other way round for me, always satisfied with winstanleys, never satisfied with alans!

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2005, 10:57 PM »
never satisfied with alans!
im shocked to read that.i always thought they were the best going  ???.
dave the bmxing gypo

daz bmx it!

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 11:06 PM »
Very dissapointed with rudewheels myself,they take feckin ages to send stuff out nearly a month now? >:( beyond a joke!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2005, 11:07 PM »
Hate them, knocked me for two odyssey slick kables, even though I have phoned them six times to ask for a refund or for the cables to be sent still no joy. I only used them because Alan`s never sold a wheelset that I needed for Joe`s bike, and I`d thought I could save on postage by buying all the stuff I wanted from one place. >:(

Alan`s for me in future   :)
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2005, 07:07 AM »
Bought a seat, post and grips from them a couple of weeks back, seatpost was listed as 9.99 and should have been 29.99 and they honoured it and the stuff arrived next day, cant get better than that in my opinion
 :) DINGO :)

subwax

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2005, 12:38 PM »
Its rock_dick that gets me - the arrogance of the man knows no bounds. And he sells tinpot rubbish too. Stay away from him!!!

The-flying-banana

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005, 05:51 PM »
 :o

Anyways have any of you guys tried the source as these guys bent over backwards for me when getting my spokes for my new school ride ;)

Offline Romswife

• Team Owner
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005, 07:10 PM »
I ordered 2 t-shirts for rhys from winstanleys, which said 2-3 days delivery, 3 days later got a an email saying one of the t-shirts out of stock would we like an alternative which was a tenner dearer, i said no thank you, a week later still no delivery, when i phoned them they said both t-shirts were out of stock and weren't to happy refunding my money

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  winstanley's

gfxgfx
gfx gfx