gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 07, 2024, 10:39 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  40 + CRUISER HERE I COME.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 40 + CRUISER HERE I COME.  (Read 5274 times)

dialledbikes

Re: 40 + CRUISER HERE I COME.
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2008, 03:46 PM »
Nice one Dave.  Surely that's an incentive for Ratty to do 40+ cos I know how you two love racing each other  :smitten: :2gunsfiring_v1: ;)

Russ, that's the 40+ cruiser list for the South Region alone.  How mad is that?!  Who needs nationals when we've got this good a class?  :daumenhoch:

spillers#1

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2008, 08:11 PM »
Yep,just 40+ scary or what? ;D
Dave i hope you and darren are deffo up for this  :daumenhoch: it would be great to be racing you 2 reguarly again  :4_17_5: south regions not gonna no whats hit em  ;D

Twatty

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2008, 09:56 PM »
Another possible name to add. Been exchanging some e-mail with Marcus Rich, and he is interested in a racing a few this summer............

oldmankev

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2008, 11:03 PM »
As long as he dont bring Tim O"Shea with him Matt
i got a 23 year grudge :LolLolLolLol:

Twatty

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2008, 11:15 PM »
Tim is living in California so you wont be seeing him.....

oldmankev

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2008, 11:17 PM »
Only joking Bud, love to see him again.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2008, 07:57 AM »
I fancy a go, but only if mike gets his finger out and finds me a 24" dialled :angel:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

oldmankev

« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2008, 08:42 AM »
It will be quarters soon :shocked:

Twatty

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2008, 03:40 PM »
Lets fook*ng av it. I think the summer may start at Hayes tomorrow, and we will see how many we might get for the rest of the season. I know its only 1 cruiser class, but I think it will be full of mainly those with a dash of pepper, (grey hair)......  :

tobybrown35

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2008, 09:38 PM »
thinking jon moore will tear it apart super quick top dude good luck

thecrooch

« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2008, 09:40 AM »
Thanks Crooch.  I'd like to sell them eventually, but I've been burned in the past getting Ti frames made (at great expense) and then taking ages to shift them.  Not good for cash flow.

But there should be a Reynolds 853 version of the cruiser coming out this summer.  Same size and angles, but 853 steel instead of Ti.  About a pound heavier though (the Ti frame weighs about 4lbs, I estimate the steel one will weigh just under 5lbs as the Pro size prototype weighed 4lbs 7oz).

PA's are my most popular frame.  Sold around 400 of them now.  I think one of the guides in Whistler was using one this year.  And some of the guides in the Alps were using my new Alpine frame in 07.  I'm expecting the first production batch of Alpines within the next week. Hopefully that will become as popular as the PA.

Mike, hope you are well, ive made the decision (mainly after reading this thread) to race my Skunkwerks 24" I still need to get it painted and then a complete bulild so ill do that this year while racing the year in the OSS as its my first year back.  Think the cruisers will be more me as im 6ft 1 and have been riding MTB's for the last odd years so should be just a beefier Single speed?? hopefully..
I did a training session with CK last weekend over at Daggers but i was up against all the Peckham Boys, Big Mike etc - and jeez they are fast - mind you Tony Slater and Martin Parker were giving them a bloody good run for their money - only real problem i had was it was my first gate for about 20 years and i was about 10 feet behind them just from the snap!! but that'll come with practise and ive got a whole year of OSS racing to sort that starting on 30th march at Daggers.. (which i cant wait)
Must admit i nearly bought a PA myself - went for the Cotic in the end but it was a close call... think if i had met you before there wouldnt have been a decision (cy turner is a top bloke as well though!!  :daumenhoch:) The picture i was referring to is in Singletrack from last month and was of the guide you mention Will Waters.  Couple of Irish guys came out from Dirt mag and one of them had a PA as well... everywhere they were  :D  I need to look up your alpine 07 - you got a link?

Anyway hope to see you on the 30th - i'll be sure to say hello - ill be riding a white JMC.
Cheers
Crooch

dialledbikes

« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2008, 10:58 AM »
Nice one  :daumenhoch: and look forward to meeting you again on the 30th.

As for the Alpine, I haven't sorted a page on the website or studio shots yet, but feel free to drop me an e-mail and I can send you relevant info and some photos of the ones that have been built up already.

se bikes

« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2008, 01:18 PM »
I fancy a go, but only if mike gets his finger out and finds me a 24" dialled :angel:

#1 priority for Mike please so Ratty finally can stop driving both of us Mad about when the cruisers will be done  :angel: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2008, 02:27 PM »
Is Tony going to do Cruiser class and OSS?

Good on him if he does.

I can't wait until I'm 40 just so I can race against all you guys. This looks like it's going to be the most competitve class going at Regionals.

dialledbikes

« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2008, 03:08 PM »

#1 priority for Mike please so Ratty finally can stop driving both of us Mad about when the cruisers will be done  :angel: :LolLolLolLol:

I haven't forgotten Nik.  I just need to get on top of the mountain bike stuff then I can order the BMX stuff.

Sunday at Hayes was a good taste of what 40+ is gonna be like.  Me and Matt French had some good tussles as we banged bars a couple of times in the motos out of the second berm  :daumenhoch:

Kev was looking quick as usual, so be interesting to see how close, him, John Stockwell, Tony Slater, Jon Moore and Phil Beer (i.e. the pre-season favourites for regular A-finals in my opinion) are.

Personally, I can't wait for the season to start.  Need to up my game and regular racing is the best way to keep improving.

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2008, 03:08 PM »
im gonna struggle at the nationals si

but hey im gonna try

GO DOGG GO

R

Lee Alex

« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2008, 04:19 PM »
I am 40 next year - so I best get myself a cruiser! saying that I maybe laid up seems I have a Ducked disk in my back.

Seeing the surgeon soon to talk about corrective surgery.

Getting old and dieing dont bother me I just dont want to be there when it happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  40 + CRUISER HERE I COME.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx