gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 06, 2024, 03:04 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Rich Sigur....any info, pics Couple of vids now added
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rich Sigur....any info, pics Couple of vids now added  (Read 11881 times)

lodge

Re: Rich Sigur....any info, pics Couple of vids now added
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2008, 07:34 AM »

Never saw a bmx beat program before!! i never got one at the 87 bmx beat!!

Great to see...  :daumenhoch:

oooohh.... i noticed Terry Jenkins on there... dont wanna start any rumours like but..

an old mate of Terry's came to Rampworx tonight while we were riding...

he told us Terry MIGHT be riding again soon..!! I hope so, he wont remeber me as i was

just a kid riding at Kirkby & Rathbone skatepark... but it would be Great to see him ride again!!

It's Brilliant all these old skool riders appearing back on the scene!!! ;D 

Dave, Terry Jenkins is a member on here "T Jenkins" click on his profile from the member list and click on last posts, sure it will be interesting  as your both from same neck of the woods.   sorry if youve already done this.

welsh denny

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2008, 02:52 PM »
had message off terry jenkins too as he'd been told there were videos of him on youtube (i put em up). terry was a frequent visitor to cardiff bitd as he sponsored mike cameron for space parts and helped him get flow from elsewhere. maybe i should post up on my youtube profile ' OLDSCHOOL BMXERS JOIN RADBMX.CO.UK'. :LolLolLolLol:

lodge

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2008, 03:05 PM »
had message off terry jenkins too as he'd been told there were videos of him on youtube (i put em up). terry was a frequent visitor to cardiff bitd as he sponsored mike cameron for space parts and helped him get flow from elsewhere. maybe i should post up on my youtube profile ' OLDSCHOOL BMXERS JOIN RADBMX.CO.UK'. :LolLolLolLol:

Nice one Denny, this thread just gets better, Mike Cameron one of the smoothest riders I ever saw!

macky

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2008, 04:57 PM »
Dave, Terry Jenkins is a member on here "T Jenkins" click on his profile from the member list and click on last posts, sure it will be interesting  as your both from same neck of the woods.   sorry if youve already done this.

Yeahh, thanx Steve, i'll do that...  :daumenhoch:

For a time in Liverpool it seemed every rider rode with Space bars from Terry!!

We had Space ramps at the local sports centre!!

John Kennedy...

Terry Jenkins... and the Space bars!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 05:43 PM by DaveMc. »

Voodoocars

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2008, 05:17 PM »
Well, well - that bmxbeat programme is interesting.I used to ride with Ian Tovey in Coventry many years ago.He was dead lucky- the 1/4 pipe we rode was 50 meters from his house but I had to ride 2 miles to get there! I havn't seen him for years but bumped into another one of the gang last year who says he still rides every now and then.Is he a RAD member?

adam01

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2008, 05:30 PM »
excellent pictures

bmxer4ever

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2008, 06:42 PM »
Off topic I know, but I have the program from the previous Bmx Beat too......I never threw ANYTHING away!

rosscoe

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2008, 09:13 PM »
Ive got the programmes and the original itenary for the worlds one year - where we all travelled around the country on buses..........anybody remember that one?

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2008, 09:29 PM »
close enough. roll back, turn the bars 90° take one hand and one foot off. back foot leans on the coaster brake, the bike then spins around 360° or more.

note: it was called a stupple cos apparently there was nothing else to call it...  ;D

It was ment to have a 540 spin in it, but every now and again a 720 would happen  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

bmxer4ever

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2008, 10:16 PM »
Ive got the programmes and the original itenary for the worlds one year - where we all travelled around the country on buses..........anybody remember that one?

1987? Post 'em up! Think Ive got some of that too! Let's see what you got.....

Off topic again!

Longun

« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2008, 09:44 AM »
what's a Stupple? I can remember hearing the phrase bitd but I can't remember what it refered to.

''The Stupple'' BMX Beat 84 :daumenhoch:
When it appears, reduce the size of the screen (the icon between minimize and close) the film quality is better
http://i148.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid148.photobucket.com/albums/s6/aerostylie/PICT0024.flv">

Thanks for that. Memories have come flooding back.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2008, 10:14 AM »
Old school coaster brake tricks like Billys are just so cool. Since nobody rides a coaster that way anymore, nobody does these tricks any more, which makes them kinda special. Need to try a Stupple on my bike, must be a way of doin' it on a freewheel!

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2008, 12:08 PM »
No probs at all fellas with the 'off topic' posts :daumenhoch:, it's all BMX and stuff I wasn't aware of, some gems of pics appearing as well :daumenhoch:

Paul ;)
Vans Style

welsh denny

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2008, 06:19 PM »
i got the afa contest video in the video vaultfrom late 80's. rich does trick how to's in between the pro runs. maybe i should edit em together & youtube em up.

mark 2

« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2008, 01:27 AM »
I'll get the thread back on track after denny ruined it with a picture of those ugly buggers.....

speedraycer

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2008, 04:54 AM »
Hello Everybody,
First Off,  I wanted to say thank you for everybody for welcoming me to the site and for posting all the old school pics on this thread. There are so many things I would like to comment on from what I have seen and read but I will try to keep it short for this first few postings until I get the feel for forums.

Well, Let me tell you all what I can remember from the above posted photo from the October 83 Issue of BMX Action.  I was working at a local bike shop at the time unknown and unsponsored. I had stopped bmx racing for about a year before and started riding the local skate park Skate City in Whittier, Ca. I had met Eddie Fiola a few months earlier when he was still riding for Haro, anyway we would ride together at the park with the other locals a few nights a week.  I saw a flyer at the park promoting the contest at Del Mar Skate Ranch which was about two hours drive away. I begged my mom to take me so when that weekend arrived I packed up my stuff and arrived at practice that Friday night. We had some good sessions practicing and when contest time arrived on Saturday I was ready to go. 

I was entered in the 16 and under expert class and I knew I had a decent chance of placing, my only competition was another kid from my neighborhood who also made the trip down he was a good rider, I figured if I could just beat him I would be happy. He was also a rider who no one really heard of until a few months before until he scored a cover shot on BMX Action a few months before a 14 year old Michael Dominguez.  The contest went off well and  after it was all said and done Michael had got the win I got second and I went home pissed.  But that is not the whole story, a couple of other interesting things happened...

I was getting ready to practice the morning of the contest so I was all suited up in my brand new first run DYNO leathers and Morales(Bob) Fiola trick team jersey, helmet goggles etc.  I was walking through the arcade / video game section to the pools and this little boy 4 or 5 years old comes running up to me and says "You look like Spiderman! are you Spiderman?!" I said yep that's me I decided to ride my bike today instead of a web. A photographer was standing close by and overheard the conversation....

I was riding a Mongoose Supergoose at the time which was the strongest bike I could think of at the time but for some reason that day people started asking me if I wanted to ride their stuff, a guy game me free elbow pads, another guy gave me all this cool Oakley stuff, someone else gave me about three pairs of Vans tennis shoes, a number plate , stickers, tuff wheels it was crazy did I just hit the lottery? People down here are cool! I was just some kid who worked at a bike shop I could even afford a pair of Vans tennis at the time. So I was pretty pumped when contest time came around....

Between practice runs this long haired surfer looking dude came up and started talking to me asking my questions about where was I from, how have I been riding and all kids of stuff. I was think to myself, "Man this Mutha F%&#er asks a lot of questions what is this a job interview?! " I answered his questions as best I could and when he was finished he gave me a business card and said to give him a call when I got back home. I just tossed it in my helmet bag without reading it and said okay see ya later...

A couple months have now passed and I was still doing my bike shop job and I had been asking for a couple weeks now if the new issue of BMX Action had came yet. The reply for the past couple of weeks was "no" so I wasn't really thinking about it until the shop owners wife came in and told me the new issue was here. I was just hoping for a long shot chance that I might get a small black and white photo in the issue. So I flipped to the center of the mag and got to the contest section and looked through the small black and whites photos looking for a shot of myself. I put the magazine down and went back to work and I said "Nothing this time." She handed back the magazine and said you better look again. She opened up the magazine and I nearly passed out when I saw the two page spread.  I don't know how long it took to come back to earth but when I did she said "oh yeah I think you got one more photo somewhere in the front" I didn't even think to look at the cover. When I saw it I was Holy Shit! My first cover ever I was now famous! I think I took all the copies home but I don't remember how I got there....

I was cleaning out my helmet bag a couple days later getting ready to practice and I dumped all the stuff on the floor and this business card fell out. I had remembered it being the one the surfer dude gave me I picked it up and read it said, " Bob Haro, President Haro Designs" .... Aww Shit I was talking to THE MAN and I didn't even know it!!! I better call this guy back...

And that's how it began...

Spiderman.

speedraycer

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2008, 05:15 AM »
Here are some favorite pics from my collection.

macky

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2008, 09:08 AM »

WOW!!  :shocked:  Thats a great story!!   :daumenhoch:

and Great pics too... Lovin the 3rd pic!!

Welcome again to Rad!!!!  :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2008, 01:33 PM »
Cool story Rich. I'm looking forward to hearing a lot more in time to come.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2008, 01:45 PM »
Great story Rich and thanks for the photos, loving that 3rd piccy too  :4_17_5:

dialledbikes

« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2008, 01:53 PM »
Cool story and pics.

muttley

« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2008, 01:58 PM »
Welcome aboard Rich and that third pic is off the hook man  8)

madall

« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2008, 02:08 PM »
Great pics Rich, are you still riding?

What frame is that in that last pic?

mark 2

« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2008, 02:17 PM »
Here's that first cover shot Rich. I missed that one from earlier.....  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2008, 02:52 PM »

i need one of them MF shirts

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Rich Sigur....any info, pics Couple of vids now added

gfxgfx
gfx gfx