gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 06, 2024, 04:10 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  South Regional " The Pro-clean Cup " Andover this Sunday
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: South Regional " The Pro-clean Cup " Andover this Sunday  (Read 6661 times)

AL

Following on from the successfull  Dagenham first round  of the South regional Championship series..       
 We are pleased to present round 2  " The Pro-Clean Cup "  at Andover Raceway  :) :)

Be great to see a full line up of Oldschoolers ..   Travelodge next to the track if you want to sample Andovers nightlife  :-\ ???

See you on the 13th 

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 08:23 AM by AL »

spillers#1

Re: 2nd South Regional " The Pro-clean Cup " Andover 13th April
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 09:20 PM »
I'll be there buddy  :daumenhoch: new track for me  ???

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 09:47 PM »
Is that the track with the centre attached to it with the ramps????

Rooonga

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 09:56 PM »
I love Andover - except the last straight being uphill!

But it's a great way to see how fit you really are - lots of races are won and lost on that last straight!

thecrooch

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 10:22 PM »
should be good to go....

Flying_fox

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 05:54 PM »
Is that the track with the centre attached to it with the ramps????

Yes it is. There is a skatepark next door to the track at the youth centre (sorry can't remember what it's called).

Flying_fox

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 05:57 PM »
I love Andover - except the last straight being uphill!

But it's a great way to see how fit you really are - lots of races are won and lost on that last straight!

Your a sick man Paul..... :buck2:

That straight makes me want to vomit every time I have to sprint head to head up it. I think if your over 30 the race should finish out of the last berm. ;)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 06:57 PM »
[There is a skatepark next door to the track at the youth centre (sorry can't remember what it's called).

I think it's called the Depot.  From where I'm usually standing on the last berm I don't see many riders battling up the last straight - they're usually in a heap in the berm after being pimped by riders with long flowing red hair!!   :D

Unfortunately due to personal commitments I shalln't be at Andover but you just might see the boys with Matt driving down.  Keep the M25, M3 and A303 clear for him, he's a new driver.  Humps

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 07:01 PM »
Third straight is the worst in my experience. :LolLolLolLol: Especially the four speed bumps in a row.

They fookin hurt when you shoulder barge them at full pelt. :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

A dislocated and broken collarbone are still very fresh in my mind, well it was only seven weeks ago.
I will be there but only from a spectators  point of view. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys on here but not looking forward to seeing the track again.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 07:04 PM »
Im in, so are the sproggs. Round 3 of the OSS as well :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:42 PM by RATTY »
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Flying_fox

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 07:11 PM »
[There is a skatepark next door to the track at the youth centre (sorry can't remember what it's called).

I think it's called the Depot.  From where I'm usually standing on the last berm I don't see many riders battling up the last straight - they're usually in a heap in the berm after being pimped by riders with long flowing red hair!!   :D

Unfortunately due to personal commitments I shalln't be at Andover but you just might see the boys with Matt driving down.  Keep the M25, M3 and A303 clear for him, he's a new driver.  Humps

Humps, I'd warn him about the same red haired nutter in a Merc Vito, sometimes spotted at high speed down the 303. I hear that bloke drives his van like he rides his BMX!!! :crazy2:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 07:22 PM »
Did you get my E-mail Miles ????????????????????

Flying_fox

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 07:34 PM »
Did you get my E-mail Miles ????????????????????

Sorry Andy, yes I did, I should have replied but I'd not got round to it yet :-[. I've not had chance to dig the body armor out, the missus seems to have filled the loft up with 500 bags of baby clothes. It's in there somewhere, as soon I find it I'll take some pics. I'll have it with me at Andover for you to have a look at. :daumenhoch:

BTW, I think the best bit about Andover is the 3rd straight!! But then I've not done myself in on it like you did.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 08:22 PM »

BTW, I think the best bit about Andover is the 3rd straight!! But then I've not done myself in on it like you did.

You're right mate, my post was tongue in cheek mate. I really enjoyed playing on the third straight, until the accident happened. Didn't realise it at the time  but there is an A+E hospital just over the road from there, i drove the 45 mins home to my nearest one.

AL

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 07:20 PM »

The Andover Committee has decided to Alter gate practice nights from the normal Tuesday night slot , to THURSDAY NIGHTs    from now on ..

We feel Thursdays are a better night..    As we were still knackered on Tuesday nights  after some Nationals last year , and Thursday is closer to weekend , for last minute gates etc ..        We also dont want to clash with Bournemouth, who run gates on Wednesdays..

May still do the odd, gates session on some Saturdays.. If we are not away racing ??

But its  Thursday Nights from now on  :)      Starts about  6.30pm   ..   £3.00 Members  / £4.00 Non Members

See you this Thursday for some practice before our Regional at the weekend  ;) ;)

spillers#1

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 09:58 PM »
So who's going to andover then?40+ will be racing oldmankev,mat french,lee harris,nick pullen in there own back yards  :P

eloopnai

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 10:03 PM »
old skool 4 me  :daumenhoch:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 10:19 PM »
Ill be there in the 40 +, and Keith Wilson should be there too  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 11:58 PM »
I haven't met any of you before apart from Matt French many years ago but I might come for a watch. I popped down to have a look round on Monday and spotted two youngsters on a sidehack. Looked like a proper old one as well.

If I am allowed I might see you there.  ;)

Rooonga

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 08:35 AM »
I'll be doing 40+, no Old School for me this time.

dialledbikes

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 12:31 PM »
So who's going to andover then?40+ will be racing oldmankev,mat french,lee harris,nick pullen in there own back yards  :P

I'm planning on being there Lee.

Hopefully I won't land on my head like I did last time I raced at Andover  :idiot2:

Hope we can get a good turnout again.  Rally the 40+ troops!

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 03:20 PM »
Looking forward to meeting all you guys, sadly i wont be racing for obvious reasons but i'll be there taking as many piccys as i can.

Surely Jon Moore will be there as it's local.

spillers#1

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 08:05 PM »
Forgot about that slow old geezer jon moore  :LolLolLolLol:  ;) myself and te-harve will be there and i'm waiting a reply from pro-tec  :daumenhoch:

Twinkle

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 08:14 PM »
Forgot about that slow old geezer jon moore  :LolLolLolLol:  ;) myself and te-harve will be there and i'm waiting a reply from pro-tec  :daumenhoch:

We'll be looking out for you to give you the usual wave when you blat past us on the way there as Chloe and Nick are both racing again.   :)

Sharon x

Twatty

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 09:16 PM »
Yes me, nik & Lee will be there. Im off to gate practice tomorrow as well strait from work as only work 20 mins down the road in Basingstoke. SteveG get yourself along and you never know you may like what you see.  Some others you may have known from Farnham - Farnborough way may be there to watch also. Steve Jefferies who used to ride freestyle for Yes wth J Nash, and John Watson.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  South Regional " The Pro-clean Cup " Andover this Sunday

gfxgfx
gfx gfx