gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975557 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 12, 2024, 07:03 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  661 Evo Knee Pads
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 661 Evo Knee Pads  (Read 677 times)

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
661 Evo Knee Pads
« on: August 27, 2008, 02:17 PM »
Has anyone used them ?
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

dialledbikes

Re: 661 Evo Knee Pads
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 02:51 PM »
No, but I do use the 661 Kyle Strait knee pads for racing and they're the best knee pads I've used.  The Evos are supposed to be even better (but they cost almost double, so they should be).

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 03:53 PM »
Cheers Mike, I know they are a bit "minty" but at my age/level of skill I need all the protection I can get  :D and I don't fancy those plastic MTB downhill jobbies

thecrooch

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 03:59 PM »
anyone got any piccys - i need some new ones to replace my race face ones as the straps have started falling off.   I could only find one pair on the market that fitted my calves!

dialledbikes

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 04:03 PM »
Crooch, have a look on chainreactioncycles.com as I saw them on there.

They're just knee pads though, not knee and shin.  If you want knee and shin I'd suggest the Race Face Rally FR (if they still make them) as they tend to stay in place in a crash.  Not sure whether they would fit under race pants though.  If you go for Dainese, also invest in some 661 Pad Locks to keep them in place when you crash!

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
  • Rated:

thecrooch

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 04:09 PM »
Crooch, have a look on chainreactioncycles.com as I saw them on there.

They're just knee pads though, not knee and shin.  If you want knee and shin I'd suggest the Race Face Rally FR (if they still make them) as they tend to stay in place in a crash.  Not sure whether they would fit under race pants though.  If you go for Dainese, also invest in some 661 Pad Locks to keep them in place when you crash!

thats the race face ones i have.... CRC still stock them....  looks like a repeat purchase then

Dainese wont go over my calves.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 04:54 PM »
I got Evo knee and elbows, they are really really good and have been crash tested whilst still pissed at MK   :LolLolLolLol: not cheap but definately good :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  661 Evo Knee Pads

gfxgfx
gfx gfx