gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975597 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 07, 2024, 09:48 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Mrs Ratty
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mrs Ratty  (Read 1793 times)

dialledbikes

Mrs Ratty
« on: August 25, 2008, 01:35 AM »
Big up to Mrs Ratty for not only making the final at the Brits (25+ Ladies class - new school), but also finishing 4th.

Pretty amazing given she only gave birth a few months ago and smokes about 40 tabs a day  ;)

Well done Nik.  If you can get 4th after no training and having a kid, you've gotta fancy your chances next year once your lady parts have settled down again, you've cut down on the tabs and done some training  :daumenhoch:

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
Re: Mrs Ratty
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 07:57 AM »
well done Nik  :daumenhoch:
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Twinkle

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 08:50 AM »
Well Done Nicki  :4_17_5:

Sharon xx

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 08:56 AM »

well done nicky

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 12:40 PM »
Well done Nik, I thought you were going to win though.  :LolLolLolLol:

I'm going to start calling you Nikki 'Shanaze' Webb now you know.  :LolLolLolLol:

I expect you to win next year though because Lik Mike says you did an amazing job so soon after giving birth, I've got three children myself and I know the pressure and changes it puts on your body so I think your well cool to have even got on the start gate, let alone get to the final.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 01:16 PM »
I've had three children myself and I know the pressure and changes it puts on your body

Was that before you had the op then Simon?? 

Well done to Nikki yesterday, especially as she didn't get any practice laps in on Saturday - something about shopping at Tescos instead I heard!!  There's always next year with a bit of training, give up the fags and keep away from McD's - that'll be tough!!   :2funny:

And it was good to see Ratty back on a bike too.  Humps

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 01:17 PM »
Good on ya Nik  :daumenhoch:

kdubbmx

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 02:53 PM »
When i heard the commentator say Tony 'Ratty' Waye is going in this moto i thought he was just reading the start sheet, when i saw Tony railing the first berm with the pack i almost fell over!!!

To go through what he has then be racing a couple of months later is awesome, looked smooth on the third straight too! When the fitness comes back he'll be battling again!!

Big respect to Nikki too because having a baby so soon before racing was the least of her hurdles to overcome, been a tough time for those guys but they are strong and coming through it. When they get on the Wilson diet/training regime next year they will be unbeatable!!!!!!  :4_17_5:

Kim Bent did real well too having had her baby Finlay 6 weeks ago  :D

moomin

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 03:52 PM »
Thanks Guys, I'm chuffed to bits TBH, i hoped i'd make the final but when i saw some of the competition i'll admit i was doubting whether i would.  :-\

To get  a 3rd, 2nd and 1st in My motos i was well pleased and thought wtf just go for it, made a bad gate choice but you live and learn.  :LolLolLolLol:

I'll admit that in recent months i've seriously considered not riding again but this weekend has given me back some much needed confidence and brought back my desire to be #1 again.

The trainings getting started this week and watch this space.

Next year i WILL get #1  >:D

The bike got some interesting comments, illuminous pink, you either love it or hate it  :2funny: :2funny: most loved it tho so thanks to my baby for doing it all for me (SBD Rocks too, so many people asked me where i got it done) and Mike for designing and building such an awesome bike to ride  :smitten: :smitten:

My weekend ROCKED, especially seeing Tony back doing what he loved  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks to all the 25+ ladies, see you all soon  >:D :-*

mr.magoo

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Well done Nikky, nice result.....sorry i had to cancel at last minute, sent race fee up with Jazzyje. Rool on Hersden

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Mrs Ratty PICS ADDED
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 05:44 PM »
Im feeling a bit sentimental tonight, Im sure you know what Nik has been through, what you dont know is just how much she has been through, The bubba, me, and all the love and care we all needed. Thanks to Nik I had my day at the Brits, Ive probably said it before but I never thought Id get back on a bike again.

Nik, you rock darling, and I know that next year will bring some serious competition for the girls!!

If there was a gold medal for what you have had to deal with, you already won it.

Lets hope that this is a change in fortune for the rat pack, and that next year will see us all back on top.

Oh and Mike, thanks for the kind words about Nik :daumenhoch: must be about time she was wearing a brown race top, she said something about being bored with orange :angel:  :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 11:49 AM by RATTY MK2 »
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Rooonga

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 05:49 PM »
Next year i WILL get #1  >:D

That I have no doubt about Nikk, you were sh!t hot  - missed your final I am sorrt to say, but saw all your moto's - you were on fire!

eloopnai

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 06:18 PM »
well done nik no doubt about it no.1 next year  :4_17_5:
and well done tone for getting on a bike many wouldnt after what you have been through i know you was frustrated about your fitness that will come it was about you getting round the track which you did unlike me i came off  :LolLolLolLol:

hopefully have all my old mans photos on ere soon of you both he showed me a few that were interesting they was of nik on the gate and out the gate you wasnt first out the gate yet you was beating the others a metre from the gate
his words to me was "shes fooking quick !"  :LolLolLolLol:

had a great day with you both look forward to the next one  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 07:55 PM »
In my haste to praise Nik's performance, I forgot to mention Ratty's turn out in old school.  Great to see you back on a bike Ratty and I know next year you'll be challenging for the final instead of just taking part.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 08:06 PM »
It was great to See Nik and Tony on Sunday and as I said to Nik, I thought she had done amazing to be racing so soon after having their cutie :daumenhoch:

To also get on the gate in my first moto with Tony was a pleasure as always and I am sure they are both now fighting fit they will be a force to be reckoned with this time next year.

good to see you both and really looking forward to Oct 5th  :coolsmiley:

:) DINGO :)

moomin

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 08:08 PM »
well done nik no doubt about it no.1 next year  :4_17_5:
and well done tone for getting on a bike many wouldnt after what you have been through i know you was frustrated about your fitness that will come it was about you getting round the track which you did unlike me i came off  :LolLolLolLol:

hopefully have all my old mans photos on ere soon of you both he showed me a few that were interesting they was of nik on the gate and out the gate you wasnt first out the gate yet you was beating the others a metre from the gate
his words to me was "shes fooking quick !"  :LolLolLolLol:

had a great day with you both look forward to the next one  :daumenhoch:

Thanx Ian (and dad)  :daumenhoch:

My gates were awful...............at best......................... PMSL cracking 1st straight tho  :shocked: :shocked:

I'll get there tho, pink kit has to be ordered tho, orange and pink doesn't rock  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

nishiki14

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 12:12 PM »
Well done Nik and you too tone, I think with a little training we can all improve next year, oh Mike I like your bit about the "lady bits" PMSL :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 02:43 PM »
Well done Nikki & Tony  ;) :4_17_5:

kuwahara

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 05:14 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS NIKKI

you Did Good 

the Restalls :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 07:33 PM »
yeah well done from me and lil bill, i'm telling ya it's the pink bike ;D

plus you riding it mate :coolsmiley:

and well done to the batty, you'll be back next season mate ;)
For powder coating drop me a pm

Paulo

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 08:48 PM »
Well done Nik. Totally hats off to you. You're clearly a great person and you've kicked arse on the track to boot. Hope you stick to your guns and carry on racing and get the number 1 spot.

:daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 12:00 PM »

Well done babe, you deserved it. Watch out next year, OS and the ladies, Niks coming for ya :4_17_5:

A long time ago, in a land far away!

mr.magoo

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 12:21 PM »
Great pics, love the colour of that bike :4_17_5:

KellyJo

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Just seen this post of Nikki racing.  Can't believe your still out on that bike Nik.  Trying to get the kids out there on the BMX scene.  Have a little girl who is 5 and a little boy who is 3 who is just starting to get to grips with no stabilisers.  Seeing the pictures of you at the British Champs makes me wonder wether we should all get back involved, mind you after 15 years think I may be a bit rusty and a fair bit slower.  Hats off to you keeping it going especially after all I have read.

Kelly JO xx

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Mrs Ratty

gfxgfx
gfx gfx