gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975552 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 10, 2024, 12:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  South BMX Championships
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: South BMX Championships  (Read 9059 times)

spillers#1

Re: South BMX Championships
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 08:54 PM »
Would be fantastic to get a full gate of all the original region 11 bar bangers banging bars again  :LolLolLolLol:

We need chris and martin peel to race old skool and glendower,darren boughton,phil etc and have a proper 80's south region revival  :daumenhoch:

mr.magoo

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 08:57 PM »
Yeah that'd be cool....

wolfybmx

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 09:42 PM »
Probably not racing this one, as broken collar bone at the moment, from at tussle with a 4X4 cycling into work on my road bike on Thursday. Pain as really wanted to race Herne Bay again. Will probably be along to catch up with everyone anyway though.

matt i cant belive your luck this year with injuries. really hope you get well quickly and back to fitness.  :'(

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 08:50 AM »
This is my last 'planned' old school race so I'm just looking to go out with as best a result as possible.

It's looking like it's going to be a great race though with Rod, Neil and Paul all in the mix along with the rest of the old school regulars.

Be great to see the Peels racing as well. Chris would be a great addition this year and it would be great to see Martin actually rcing rather than prancing round in his MRD top looking like he does.  :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 01:56 PM »
My smashed fingers have at last started moving again - so as long as i can strap up the middle one (no gags please :LolLolLolLol:) and get a pair of gloves on im in....

was getting very worried at the weekend - but everything seems to be healing nicely now....

Think OS Final should be two laps gut buster - sort the men out....  :LolLolLolLol:

mr.magoo

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 08:48 PM »
one laps enough of a gut buster, but could go for two if you really want to....

Si, if you strappin up the fingers, does that mean you're gonna race in wooly mittens? :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2008, 11:32 PM »
The track was riding very well tonight.

Got loads of gate practice in and have started manualing the triple on the front straight, althugh doubt I'd really want to do it at racing speed. :LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2008, 11:53 PM »

Got loads of gate practice in and have started manualing the triple on the front straight, althugh doubt I'd really want to do it at racing speed. :LolLolLolLol:

You`ll need to be jumping those Simon  ::)
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

thecrooch

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 09:32 AM »
one laps enough of a gut buster, but could go for two if you really want to....

Si, if you strappin up the fingers, does that mean you're gonna race in wooly mittens? :LolLolLolLol:

like your first race back at hersden then???  you still got those yellow bad boys the fingers were baggy enough.... the only time ive ever seen anyone have to stop and put his glove back on in a race!!! classic.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2008, 01:13 PM »

You`ll need to be jumping those Simon  ::)

I can ride them almost as quick as I could if I jumped them so there's no need to risk anything in my last OS race. Besides I can't win the race in the first straight, only lose it.  :LolLolLolLol:

mr.magoo

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2008, 08:35 PM »
Yes them's my gardening gloves for weeding.....i thought they'd look good almost like Ame wet weathers :LolLolLolLol: You can have a lend of 'em if ya want?

Zippy, riding will never be as quick as jumping, something to do with terminal velocity and everything falls at 120MPH, thus giving a decent thrust on the downside......let me know once you've got it mastered and i'll have a go afetr you :LolLolLolLol:

Mr.H

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2008, 02:03 PM »
Probably not racing this one, as broken collar bone at the moment, from at tussle with a 4X4 cycling into work on my road bike on Thursday. Pain as really wanted to race Herne Bay again. Will probably be along to catch up with everyone anyway though.

Hope you are better Matt. I know how you feel, I may not be able to make it either. Since the Brits I crashed about 50 times, mainly into pubs. I try to put on the brakes but it’s always too late know matter how severe my swerving is. Just the other day I fractured my stomach in a nasty coming together with some Kronenburg, it isn’t half swollen. Luckily my pipe smoking is unaffected and it has not hindered my strict kebab training programme. Hopefully I will see the rest of you on the on the gate….I may need two lanes.

dialledbikes

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2008, 02:19 PM »
Matt, is Nick Pullen coming back for the South Champs?  Be great to see him on the gate and bolstering the numbers.  I think around 28 people in total competed in at least 1 round of the series this year.  Would be rad if we can get as many of them as possible. Hopefully we'll be guaranteed semi-finals.  What a difference from 40+ last season when there were 5 or 6 people in the class.

Twatty

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2008, 09:30 PM »
Dont think Nik will be racing until later in the year. He has been concentrating on MTB XC enduro events throught the summer, doing sleepless 24hr Solo, (top 20 finish), anoother 12 hour event that gorrick put on, (solo coming 6th), amongst others. I keep asking him to come to races, and he says he will make one soon. Ill be there to cheer you all on next week anyway...

dialledbikes

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2008, 12:28 AM »
Pity you can't race Matt, but the upside for us lesser riders is there's a vacancy in the a-final  ;)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2008, 08:33 PM »
Great mini-site on here http://www.eastkentbmx.co.uk/southchamps2008.html should help decide that this is THE meeting to be at this weekend.  Humps

dialledbikes

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2008, 10:14 PM »
Can't wait.

Any old schoolers/cruiser riders doing 2 classes?

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2008, 10:51 PM »
I think Jason Harvey and Spillers are going to, and I might as well  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

dialledbikes

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2008, 09:13 AM »
I fancy doing 2 classes but don't wanna do ride my old school bike.

Might do 30-39 cruiser and 40+ cruiser if I'm allowed  :uglystupid2:

kdubbmx

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2008, 11:13 AM »
Can i ride 25+ ladies and 40+ cruiser?  :2funny:

dialledbikes

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2008, 11:14 AM »
You could Keith, but Rene might not be happy about it  ;)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2008, 09:29 PM »
Can i ride 25+ ladies and 40+ cruiser?  :2funny:

You dont want to be in with Nik, her cornering is mental  :idiot2: taking your life in your hands  :2funny:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2008, 08:17 PM »
Big props to the people who helped prep the track today.  Hard and fast as fcuk so tomorrow's meeting should be a cracker.  It was warm, sunny and a light breeze today so hopefully more of the same tomorrow.  Joey Gough and Steve Williams turned up to have a look at the track so that's two out-of-regioners racing tomorrow.  Good luck to everyone racing tomorrow and I look forward to reading the reports tomorrow evening when I get back from Exeter.  Humps

mr.magoo

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2008, 09:01 PM »
Have a good journey Humps, you'll be missed tomorrow, and best of luck to Matt with settling in.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  South BMX Championships

gfxgfx
gfx gfx