gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975568 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 18, 2024, 11:09 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Andover Wins the lottery !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Andover Wins the lottery !  (Read 3143 times)

AL

Andover Wins the lottery !
« on: September 14, 2008, 08:41 PM »

Andover Wins the Lottery !! Well almost . We have been working on an awards for All ( Lottery Grant ) for about a year now.

After Completing hours of paperwork , the club is pleased to say we have been granted £7500 , transferred into the Clubs bank account this week   ;D :D ;D

Chris Mingo and myself meet with Test Valley Council last week, and they are 99% sure that they will fund the rest of our site improvements as per the Business plan we presented them a few months ago..

Main Points are

Re designed track to Paul Bennetts latest plans. Keeping existing Berms , and flow of the old track . Rik Forte Originally built the track and he is going to shape the Track to Paul’s design , and also Tarmac the Berms

Andover has great natural drainage, but we are going to improve on this to make it a genuine all year round track.

In the Car park along the Hedge line Rik Forte is going to build a Small series of Trails, with a return run suitable for kids / Novices .

The venue will be fully fenced in , New Container, Commentary Tower, Pens etc ..

Next door at the Depot youth complex , a Pro Skater guy has announced some big plans for a 250K Concrete Skate park( Urban Terrain Sports Club) .. We should be able to work together on this and really make it a Great facility  ;)

kdubbmx

Re: Andover Wins the lottery !
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 09:17 PM »
Congrats, brilliant news, you guys deserve it, spend it wisely!  :knuppel2:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 09:37 PM »
Well done guy's, good to see bmx clubs getting recognised and rewarded with much needed funds.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 09:39 PM »
Well done, tell Shell that has got to be the falsest smile in the land ;D

AL

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 10:26 PM »
Yeah ... Any one would think it was a cheque for £7.50  ;D ;D

fastlane

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 12:15 PM »
Well done folks great news on this and only ten mins drive from my house...ROCK ON ANDOVER!!!

More images from rocking Andover here

http://fastlanephotography.co.uk/media/index.php/topic,18.0.html

QuadPaul

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 03:01 PM »
Great news for a club that is really moving in a postive direction!!! :4_17_5:

Well Done Andover!!!

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 03:55 PM »
I like the sound of all this money being spent, the track looks pretty good already so it should be brilliant when it's done.
Interesting to hear about the skatepark as well. Hope it happens. I don't live far away and while my daughter is at school I could go down for a ride during the day when it's empty. Andover hospital isn't far and the air ambulance is always around  ;)

dialledbikes

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 04:27 PM »
Al, when will the work on the track get underway and when will it be finished?

How does it affect the Andover-Gosport-Bournemouth winter series that people have been talking about?

AL

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 08:30 PM »
The Honest Answer is Mike we really dont know ???

As much as we want to commit to a winter round... As soon as we get the green light .

ie , a Tiping licence for a clay based soil , local digger man to flatten the track (less current Berms )  Rik Fortes availabilty, the Council giving the go-ahead for the Fencing in of the whole site, etc etc etc !!

We will be working all hours to get the track rebuild underway...

at this stage Rather than put on a half hearted winter round on a worn out track, we would rather put our efforts into the full re-build for 2009, and have the track looking the Dogs boll***s :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 12:12 AM »
Sensible approach Al as I suspect everyone at the club (and everyone in the South) would rather not race there this winter if it means we get a brand spanking new track to race on in next year's summer series.

Really pleased you guys got the funding as you've persevered/done the best you could with what you had over the last 3 seasons and now all the hard work has now paid off.

Can't wait to race on another new track in 09 (and a Rik Forte track, no less!).

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 05:50 PM »
Do you think they can buy some soft crash mats to put out for me when i come down.  :LolLolLolLol:

Al, how much is Andover as a club to join mate ????? Don't know which is nearer to me Andover or Bournemouth, i'm sort of in the middle.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Andover Wins the lottery !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx