gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975567 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 17, 2024, 09:43 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Clip In Pedals
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Clip In Pedals  (Read 3682 times)

magna13

Clip In Pedals
« on: September 14, 2008, 07:56 PM »
Does Anyone On Rad Race With Them? Or Are They Still On The Ol' Platform Pedal?

I Wanna Have A Go On Them But I Cant Afford Any Of The Kit  :( :( :(

If Anyone's Got Any Cheap Ones Going, LMK  :daumenhoch:

Zak.

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: Clip In Pedals
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 08:52 PM »
 :( Used `em for about2 weeks.Horrible,nasty things.Devil pedals indeed.Keep it real with platforms....

dialledbikes

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 11:00 PM »
I use them on my cross country MTB sometimes but have never used them for BMX.  If I was 20 years younger I might have tried clips, but no point in this old dog learning new tricks for the sake of it.  Flat pedals for life.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 11:02 PM »
have a word with lil humps, he's yer man

moomin

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 07:56 AM »
I understand the theory behind them with more powerful up stroke etc but IMO it's just not BMX  :idiot2:

If you're going to use them then make sure that you have the skills to ride competently first and check that they are set so you can un clip quickly if you do bail  :daumenhoch:

magna13

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 08:06 AM »
thanks nikki  :daumenhoch:

mr.magoo

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 08:19 AM »
reckon i might try some of them clip ins, then i can tell the wife, i might have ended up on the floor, but i didn't come off! I'm still on the bike :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 07:31 PM »
have a word with lil humps, he's yer man

He'll tell you they're the best thing since sliced bread!!  Personally I didn't want him to use them but conceded that he could run Crank Bros. Mallet C's as they are IMHO the easisest to extract from.  I've seen riders tighten Shimano's up so tight they lock onto the bike almost completely.  Mallet C's are pre-tensioned so you can't tweak them and they also have a 'flat' cage if you do unclip and you can still ride.  But this subject is a whole can of worms and surprisingly hasn't had a recent airing, even on Talk, so I think it's being accepted.  Now lycra ...........  :D  Humps

Moschops

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 10:48 PM »
Skin suits :shocked:

kdubbmx

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 04:15 PM »
Does Anyone On Rad Race With Them? Or Are They Still On The Ol' Platform Pedal?

I Wanna Have A Go On Them But I Cant Afford Any Of The Kit  :( :( :(

If Anyone's Got Any Cheap Ones Going, LMK  :daumenhoch:

Zak.

i can give you the e-mail addresses of two of my buddies that'll never ride a bike again because of clipping in. One snapped ACL ligament when he came off but didnt unclip. The other guy has had four operations on his knee to be now told that his only hope is to have his knee fused (permanently straight leg).  :'(

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 06:00 PM »
Zak , i've been there and trust me you have to be a very competant bmx rider espesially when you are riding tracks like chedder
even Bristol your local

so my advice would be stay well away and get some Five 10 shoes

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 07:00 PM »
I've just got some shimano clipless pedals for my mtb.  Seriously tempted to try them on a bmx, but maybe I wont now! lol
Neil

magna13

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 09:24 PM »
Zak , i've been there and trust me you have to be a very competant bmx rider espesially when you are riding tracks like chedder
even Bristol your local

so my advice would be stay well away and get some Five 10 shoes

Ok people. looks like i'll buy some nice V12's instead  :daumenhoch:

sidman10001

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 12:19 PM »
I have ridden with clipless pedals on the road and mtb for over 15 years.  I can ride anything on the mtb but when it comes to jumping its not good.

Been riding bmx for a while now and dont think ill change from flats.  Clipless would help out of the gate but then you will need to be 100percent ur going to say on over the first few jumps, if some hits u in mind air, god help u, because if u try to unclip in mid air u will stack.

good luck :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Clip In Pedals

gfxgfx
gfx gfx