gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975569 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 20, 2024, 10:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  with great sadness i quit bmx racing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: with great sadness i quit bmx racing  (Read 4984 times)

sonic-1

with great sadness i quit bmx racing
« on: September 29, 2008, 12:34 PM »
after attendin southern champs yesturday n havin huge aguments with wife im goin to have to knock racing on the head  :'(
yer have all been great n very welcoming to me, n have made some realy good mates. but kids n wife have to come first  :'(
im keepin my bikes for the mo as i hope she might chill , and i realy like em
but if she still has a downer on it in a few month then im goin to have to sell em

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: with great sadness i quit bmx racing
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 12:52 PM »
trade her in for a new one  :daumenhoch:

Serious: family first and for that you have a thumbs up from me and more importantly you wife (hopefully)
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 01:11 PM »
Sorry to hear that mate, really sorry especially when I start racing again as I will BE LAST :angel:

Hope she mellows mate :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

dialledbikes

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 02:24 PM »
Sorry to hear that Sonic as you're a good bloke and always have a big smile on your face at the races I've seen you at.

I know what you mean about family coming first, but hopefully a compromise can be reached, cos a life where you do everything to make other people happy at the expense of occasionally doing stuff that makes you happy doesn't sound very fair.

moomin

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 02:26 PM »
Sorry to hear that Sonic as you're a good bloke and always have a big smile on your face at the races I've seen you at.

I know what you mean about family coming first, but hopefully a compromise can be reached, cos a life where you do everything to make other people happy at the expense of occasionally doing stuff that makes you happy doesn't sound very fair.

ditto mate, Russ it wasn't so long ago we had a whole other discussion about direction of life, dont give up everything you love :'(

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 02:27 PM »
Quick lime or hungry pigs, you know it makes sense.  ;)

thecrooch

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 04:06 PM »
Russ

I'm so sorry to hear that, I reiterate what the others have said, you have been a joy to race this year and always with a smile on your face and i still feel really guilty about having a go at you yesterday just for getting excited about Nikki doing so well if it was in the final and we couldnt hear the gate over your voice then maybe that would have warranted my reaction but you didnt deserve both barrells form me, so again i truly apologise.

Maybe just stick to Hersden if she cools down, its a shame she reacts like this because we were late yesterday but again i totally understand and agree Family must come first.

Hope to see you smiling again next year.

(oh and we need to finish our conversation about police brutality!! >:D)

Crooch

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 04:22 PM »
Dont wanna sound like a dick Russ, but you only have a limited time in which you are fit-willing-and able to do the things in which you love. If you give up now then you may regret that decision when you are not fit-willing-and able to have a choice.

I understand family commitments as i have 4 kids myself, but can you not talk her round on the basis that this aint permanent and there is a lot of life left after you can no longer ride !!!

I have recently started to ride my mx bike again after 6-7 years away, it aint ideal for my family but my argument is that in 10 years time i will be even more fooking useless than i am now, they can have all my time then  :LolLolLolLol: but on a serious note is there not a "in moderation" argument you can have before throwing in the towel ?

We have one life and its shit enough with out giving up the things it makes living worth while for  :daumenhoch:
Best of luck dude  ;)

Paul :Great_Britain:   

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 05:44 PM »
wow sh1te news rearly,no time for something you enjoy  bad news bud.

moomin

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 05:59 PM »
Russ,

Look how happy you are in this pic mate

I know the last few months have been tough for you and the Mrs and i understand your motivation and dedication to rectify things but relationships are about understanding each other and having your own time and interests that allow you to grow as individuals and to keep the relationship on track. (you cant all be married to the Queen who nags you to go to races  :2funny: :2funny:)

You rarely race outside of Hersden, give or take the odd Daggers or Herne Bay race, i dont think you're asking too much mate, it aint like you're pissing money up the wall, out chasing loose women or filling your nostrils with bolivian.

In the nicest possible way mate and dont take offence

GET A FOOKIN GRIP

It wasn't too long ago that we as your mates were trying to help you in troubled times, dont throw that away by losing your identity and your buds  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

dan-dare

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 06:10 PM »
Sad news.

Also, the northern maestro that is known nationally, Chris-B is also now retired from the sport. Speaking to him at the Preston meet yesterday, he confessed; "Can do without the before race stresses", and "I'm going to give you lads a chance at some glory".

Suppose it will come to us all sooner or later. :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 06:33 PM »
Sad news.

Also, the northern maestro that is known nationally, Chris-B is also now retired from the sport. Speaking to him at the Preston meet yesterday, he confessed; "Can do without the before race stresses", and "I'm going to give you lads a chance at some glory".

Suppose it will come to us all sooner or later. :daumenhoch:

:2funny:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 07:19 PM »
You know my views mate as I mentioned them at length to you on the phone earlier but I whole heartedly back what Nikki says. :daumenhoch:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 08:47 PM »
Chin up mate, wife and kids  :4_17_5:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

nishiki14

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 09:39 PM »
WHAT THE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK IS THIS? :knuppel2: :2gunsfiring_v1: :tickedoff: >:(

Sonic mate you aint going nowhere sunshine, after all the fun we've all had together you cant just disappear into the sunset, you work hard for a living mate, you have a familly and respo........ res...........respons........... oh fook it you know what I mean but we need to have an outlet in life too mate, something we can do so we can forget about all the s**t going on in our lives, in our house ive got BMX and the missis has got netball, it doesnt take up all out time but it makes so much difference, im sure your missis must have something she's interested in dude :daumenhoch:
Dont go mate :-[

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 08:51 PM »
Only just stumbled on this thread Russ and am gutted for you.  I can imagine what you're going through and how this seems to be the only solution to keeping peace in the household.  Don't do anything rash and certainly hold fire on the bikes as things might settle down and your wife will let you come out to play next year.  Concentrate on the decorating, do the retail-therapy bit with her, tidy up the garden and when there's nothing left on the "jobs to do" list just maybe you'll get a reprise.  It won't be the same at Hersden without the competition to see who comes last; just leaves me and Spike371 to battle it out, especially now my Matt's buggered off to Uni.  Keep in touch.  Missing you already.  Humps

sonic-1

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 10:55 PM »
thanks for all the support guys n mrs ratty , but just get sick of it bein thrown at me at every tiff , it was same with motorcycle racin but that did drive me into debt even with a sponsor so gave that up to !!!!!! but as she pointed out atleast i was good at motorcycle racin!!!!!!!
so i will concentrate on spendin time with the kids will still ride my bikes but racin is out , got to limit my time on here to as that has been another issue !!!!!!! :'( can get here when shes out or in bed so will be about for chatter n piss takin  :daumenhoch:

sonic-1

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 11:37 PM »

Russ please don't take offense at this, but it doesn't sound like much of a partnership to me, sorry mate  :(

Bru  :daumenhoch:
mmmm yer do have a point but after the the agro iv been through im keepin my head down n tryin with the yes dear n no dear in the right places !!!!!!! shit maby but things might get better in time  :'(

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 08:49 AM »
sack her russ. :LolLolLolLol:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 02:52 PM »
Shag her mum  :daumenhoch:
That'l teach her a bit of respect  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 02:57 PM »
You haven't seen her Mum.  :LolLolLolLol:

mr.magoo

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 03:15 PM »
Gutted for you Russ, just come back from a conference to find this.

Brings tears to my eyes, cos as you well know i'm in the same situation, and wouldn't expect it to be too long before i get that cruel hand of cards dealt to me too. Only thing keeping me going is my lad racing.

But were all alike, obsessive, can't be helped we love it too much, and if they don't understand then harsh decisions have to be made.....not easy!!! I know my end decision would have to be the same as yours :'(

Anyhow, if your not about, i can't race, your the guy that gives me confidence, helps me to believe in myself. With out you there Russ i'm just gonna have to fill your place in the racing order.

Women, bain of our lives!!! Fook it lets get a bmx batchelor pad, and leave em to it. But please no dry bumming :LolLolLolLol:

sweetbeats

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 03:20 PM »
My Ex Girlfriend always stopped me doing the stuff I loved,drinking,mates,etc so after five years sacked her off and got a little hotty 12 years her junior who takes a real interest in my bikes,loves to party and always has a smile on her chops and we have been together over a year now.

Obviously with kids involved its a different ball game..but surely stopping you doing something you love is not going to benefit any of you.....and will probably come to a sour ending...communicate and compromise :daumenhoch:

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...etc."

eloopnai

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 05:08 PM »
russ

i only managed to make hersden once and have only met you once i gotta say your a great fella always smiling and enjoyed listening about your motorbike days
old skool needs ya fella tell your mrs your going college to learn something and come roll around with us we wont tell her ;)

be gutted if you give it up fella

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 05:16 PM »
Russ, I hope she does see the good side of what you do, it keeps you fit, out of trouble, away from loose women and above all gives you a buzz and a smile.
I too went through similar sh1t and you know what I did, I hope it doesnt come to that for you but relationships are about sharing and understanding your partner. I hope you do resolve it amicably, otherwise let me know your address and I will send you my pipe and some comfy slippers.
Good luck mate, hope it works out for you :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  with great sadness i quit bmx racing

gfxgfx
gfx gfx