gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975551 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 10, 2024, 08:10 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Who is up for Braintree this Sunday 5th Oct
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Who is up for Braintree this Sunday 5th Oct  (Read 3996 times)

moomin

Re: Who is up for Braintree this Sunday 5th Oct
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2008, 11:00 PM »
Well Im in the south and its getting to me already.....how do you guys put up with it!!

See you all sunday, will be looking to whoop some southen ass!!

Whatever, (with a talk to the hand pose)  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2008, 11:04 PM »
I was gonna go to Bulwell, but Braintree is a lot closer, so will probably take the cruiser down for a blast.

Try out my new bigger gearing.  Winter training starts here!

What you running now Mike ?
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

dialledbikes

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 11:19 PM »
I was gonna go to Bulwell, but Braintree is a lot closer, so will probably take the cruiser down for a blast.

Try out my new bigger gearing.  Winter training starts here!

What you running now Mike ?

Decided to try 42-18 (up one tooth on the front), Bill.  Realised last Sunday I need more power!

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2008, 12:05 AM »
Surprised you guys are'nt supporting Dingo with his once a year meeting , at a great track & raising money for Stephen Murray too  ::) .

Oh , did I say it was only once a year  :LolLolLolLol:

moomin

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2008, 06:41 AM »
Surprised you guys are'nt supporting Dingo with his once a year meeting , at a great track & raising money for Stephen Murray too  ::) .

We were gonna go but just cant afford the petrol there and back in our gas guzzler :'(

thecrooch

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2008, 07:29 PM »

We were gonna go but just cant afford the petrol there and back in our gas guzzler :'(

same here, its been a bloody expensive year

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2008, 08:42 PM »
Looks like my attempt to get to Braintree tomorrow will be thwarted by (a) the weather; not looking good and (b) James wanting to look at a Kona Stab in Tunbridge Wells; some big springythingy he reckons he must have.  Still, there's always Hersden next week.  Humps

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2008, 03:36 PM »
Anyone know what the Fook happened!

moomin

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2008, 04:10 PM »

Rained Off, we got a call when we were 10 miles away :-\

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2008, 04:14 PM »
It was posted on BMX Talk yesterday evening that it had been cancelled, unfortunatly no one posted on here  :(
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

dialledbikes

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2008, 04:16 PM »
Wasted 3 hours driving and £53 in fuel.

At least I got to see Josh Peters' private track which is bloody awesome.

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2008, 04:22 PM »
Not impressed!!

Wasnt even anyone there from club saying what was problem or even a note on gate!

Track was very rideable..........must be some soft barstuards who called it off!!

Wont be putting any effort in again!!!!!!!!!

kdubbmx

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2008, 05:13 PM »
Wasted 3 hours driving and £53 in fuel.

At least I got to see Josh Peters' private track which is bloody awesome.

I'm home tommorow (mon) if anyone wants a session here, sweep some puddles & a quick rake on the soft bits & it'll be fine   :)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2008, 05:39 PM »
Not impressed!!

Wasnt even anyone there from club saying what was problem or even a note on gate!

Track was very rideable..........must be some soft barstuards who called it off!!

Wont be putting any effort in again!!!!!!!!!

Sorry mate, i din't have your number stored or Mikes so couldn't call to let ya know :(
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2008, 05:50 PM »
It was posted on BMX Talk yesterday evening that it had been cancelled, unfortunatly no one posted on here  :(

Not so sure it was as I was nibbling on there this morning pretty early and didn't spot it.  According to Jools's thread the message went up at 5.53pm yesterday but it said "Its been raining all night, and is raining now. The meet is cancelled."  How did he know it had been raining all night - that post must have been posted up this morning and someone's got a dodgy timeclock running on Talk - no idea how that works.  Have to say that I'm glad I didn't go as it's been really foul here all day and I'd have been soaked just loading up.  Humps

thecrooch

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2008, 08:08 PM »

Rained Off, we got a call when we were 10 miles away :-\

got the call 5 mins away....  so sorry for the guys that travelled further than the 100 miles round trip i made...  and as for JT - gutted for you mate....

send me your address and ill send the sleeve.

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2008, 08:59 PM »
should have come to bulwell  ;)

jazzyje

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2008, 08:44 AM »
  i travelled all the way to dunstable a few years back and there were loads of people trying to get in and no-one to unlock the gate.seems they decided to cancel and not tell anyone.used to be quite common of EA region.even the region secratary did'nt know it was cancelled.the track only needed sweeping off as well.we all went down to hayes which very few of the EA lads had ridden at the time.i completely circumnavigated the m25 that day.well over 300 mile round trip.beat that!! :knuppel2:unfortunately thats winter racing.
  just a quick one.please check on here to see if the hersden race is on, on the 12th oct.we will let you know by sunday 08.00am.if you dont hear from us you can assume its on.lets hope the weather sorts itself out.

dialledbikes

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2008, 10:03 AM »
If people are gonna cancel winter races at short/no notice, I think I will limit my winter riding to Chicksands and K-Dubs back yard.

kdubbmx

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2008, 04:16 PM »
If people are gonna cancel winter races at short/no notice, I think I will limit my winter riding to Chicksands and K-Dubs back yard.

I'll be pleased to have anyone on here down at my place & will be great to organise trips up to Chicky for loads of us!!!   :)
Dont forget Hayes as well, Billstup & me have set a goal of jumping the Himalayas cleanly this winter!!!  >:D

I'm sure Jules & co will be on here soon when they see the comments, (cant imagine them keeping quiet about this, the Essex boys are never lost for words!!)

I expect a 'lively' discussion will ensue!  :knuppel2:

(i'm keeping out of it)  :angel:

dialledbikes

« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2008, 04:19 PM »

I'll be pleased to have anyone on here down at my place & will be great to organise trips up to Chicky for loads of us!!!   :)
Dont forget Hayes as well, Billstup & me have set a goal of jumping the Himalayas cleanly this winter!!!  >:D

I'm sure Jules & co will be on here soon when they see the comments, (cant imagine them keeping quiet about this, the Essex boys are never lost for words!!)

I expect a 'lively' discussion will ensue!  :knuppel2:

(i'm keeping out of it)  :angel:

I'm not that pissed off about it as it's the first time it's ever happened to me.  I'd rather it didn't happen again though.  At least with Chicky it's rideable in pretty much any weather.  Me and Miles rode it in the middle of a mini monsoon last winter, which was fun, but there were a few times I wished I had better tyres than Comp 3s and a front brake!

kdubbmx

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2008, 04:30 PM »
The surface/incline & trees here are pretty much excactly the same as Chicksands, theres just a lot more trees so its tighter

nishiki14

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2008, 08:37 AM »
Dudes! Just got on here, bit s**t what happened Sunday I know but please dont let it put you off Braintree, I phoned Julie up on Saturday but they couldnt give me an answer unitil Sunday morning when they inspected the track, as soon as I knew I contacted everyone I could but I know it was too late by then, I get the impression that had it been a regional it would have gone ahead, it would be fooking tragic if everyone said bollox to Braintree and the E. Anglia (after all the pushing we have done to get OS recognised by the BCF) on the strength of one decision, I know some people travelled a very long way only to be disappointed (Ive done it myself on more than one occasion) but please bare with us :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2008, 09:21 AM »
Quad Paul tells me that the winter them vs us series will be on again they are just finalising the dates so looks like there will be plenty of action at Daggers and Braintree this year!

You lot better get some briantree race shirts!

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2008, 09:41 PM »
There was Fook all wrong with the track......it was a little wet and nothing more!!

315 miles via Hitchin..........should have gone to Nottingham  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Who is up for Braintree this Sunday 5th Oct

gfxgfx
gfx gfx