gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975549 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 09, 2024, 05:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  BC membership/license for 2009
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BC membership/license for 2009  (Read 5661 times)

moley

Re: BC membership/license for 2009
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2008, 05:56 PM »
my bronze has provisional on it from now with reg no .he also says if you buy your race licence if you need one after or during jusy each year they are reduced to half price then .

Yu must lurn 2 speke proppa inglish Greg!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Let me see if I get your drift!!

A Bronze Membership has Provisional Racing License and a Racing License Number printed on it and if you buy a racing license after the start of the year (i.e in time for the summer series) then the price is reduced from £32 to £16.

Is that correct!!  ???

If it is then the cheap route to race regionals in the Summer (all classes) is a Bronze Membership!

If you want 3rd Party Cover then buy the Silver Membership.

If you want Full Cover then buy the Gold Membership.

ONLY buy the Racing License if you want to race Nationals etc, etc.

AND if possible, buy your Racing License as far into the year as possible so that hopefully you can buy it for Half price!!

How does that sound Gregster!!  ???

motomagII

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2008, 07:28 PM »
nearly bronze is no good must be silver minimum
if you buy your race licence for that year after july its half price as they only last 12 months so in reality i presume you will get 6 months out of it but then wont need one again for the winter series
make sense now lol

moley

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2008, 09:51 PM »
No!!

just got reply email from roger wilbrham at bcc and he has confirmed we must have their silver or gold  next summer but if doing regionals only you do not have to buy the licence as well as this so result i think as were 35.00 better off than we thought we wewre going to be  :daumenhoch:

Unless you pay for a Racing License, you will get a FREE Provisional License with Bronze, Silver or Gold Membership!!

If you pay for a Silver Membership and you dont buy a Racing license then you must be racing on the 'FREE' Provisional Racing License.

If that's the case then you should be able to race on a Bronze Membership too!!

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/mem/fb/membership_benefits.asp

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/mem/membership_frequently_asked_questions.asp

You should have asked Roger if you can race BMX regionals in the Summer with a Provisional License!!

If he say's 'Yes' then you can race with a Bronze Membership!!

I would go with the Silver or Gold but for those on a really tight budget, it would be good to know the minimum cost of racing!!

If Roger say's you need a Silver Membership and No Race License to race regionals (just the Free Provisional Race License) then the reason must be for the 3rd Party insurance ONLY!

I can't see any other reason than that to buy the Silver Membership?  :-\

thecrooch

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2008, 08:36 AM »
and i think thats the reason....  have you tried to renew yours Moley - it doesnt allow you to do anything different!

moley

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2008, 11:52 AM »
I will renew my Silver Membership when it expires!!

So that will give me the FREE Provisional Racing License.

I will get Silver in case my riding style injures another rider!!  ::)

If Greg is correct then I'll be able to race the Summer Series on that and not pay for a Racing License!!

I suggest that anybody who doesn't want to pay for Silver Membership and wants to race then just buy the Bronze.

I dont think the officials in the North will turn away £7 just because your racing a Bronze Membership and a FREE Provisional Racing License!!

I wont be racing any Nationals but I might film a few of them so the lack of a Full Racing License doesn't bother me.

We were always nagged about Memberships and Racing License in the North before we went 'Official' because in the North we were always recognised as a proper class.

So nothing has changed for us!

It does seem a shame now that the rest of the regions get recognised and racing now becomes too expensive to draw new riders into OS.  Which has a knock on effect because OS riders will not be moving up to the Cruiser classes when their riding improves!

OS is entry level racing, well it is for me!!  :LolLolLolLol:

motomagII

« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2008, 07:14 AM »
you have to get minimum silver because of the liability insurance thingy attatched with it .greg
 :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2008, 09:30 AM »
you have to get minimum silver because of the liability insurance thingy attatched with it .greg

Cheers Greg!!  :daumenhoch:

Right, its finally sorted then!!

Silver Membership to race Regionals in the Summer and NO need for a Racing License!!

You'll just be racing on the Provisional Racing License which comes FREE with the Silver Membership!

So MINIMUM cost to race ANY Senior Class at Regionals in the Summer is £36.

Note.  For Nationals and British Championships you'd need to buy a FULL Racing License!!

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2008, 10:44 AM »

What do you actually get for being recognised ?  If we weren't then we would just be able to race in a novice class which would I presume be a masters novice class and the race fees would be less and Moley being the star he is could work out the points and stuff because the north region don't seem to be doing that (if they are they are not advertising them)  >:( 

It seems ludicrous that a newbie cannot pitch up at a regional and race without a silver licence  :uglystupid2: because at the end of the day a regional is the only place that you can get a good race because BMX isn't that big that club races have enough riders.     

The only question here would be about winning a couple of races, are you supposed to move up ?       

Discuss  :)

moley

« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2008, 11:14 AM »
You can pitch up and race at a regional!!

You are allowed to race 3 times in the summer series before you have to buy a membership!!

In the North I dont think we were ever a Novice Class.  We were always treated as a proper class!!

We always paid the £7 fee and they always nagged us to get a membership after you'd been a couple of times!!!

I think the £7 to race is cheaper than other regions too!!  :daumenhoch:

I think the only difference this time around is that you are forced to buy the Silver Membership instead of the cheaper Bronze Membership!!

And thats only because the Silver Membership has 3rd Party Insurance against injury to another rider!!

It just looks like the BCF are covering their own asses!!

I dont think the North would turn anyone away, so if you dont want to pay it then just turn up and give some bullshit excuse that you've forgot your membership or that it has been posted to the club yet, Blah, Blah!!

Silver isn't too bad though!!  If you get sued by another rider then your covered.  It might come in useful...........especially for me!!  :LolLolLolLol:

At least you dont have to buy the Racing License as well!!  :daumenhoch:

Remember!  Winter Racing is FREE,  just turn up and pay to race!!   :)

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2008, 08:07 PM »
So glad its not complicated then  :buck2:
Neil

moley

« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2008, 08:31 PM »
I think its all sorted now!!

But no one is happy about it!!  :(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  BC membership/license for 2009

gfxgfx
gfx gfx