gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975556 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 12, 2024, 08:04 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BMX tattoo's (thread Idea from S&MAlex)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BMX tattoo's (thread Idea from S&MAlex)  (Read 12080 times)

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: BMX tattoo's (thread Idea from S&MAlex)
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 10:21 AM »
young billy had this done for his 16th birthday, done by john dye,

kool tatt :)

16th birthday???? Naughty!!!  ;)

lol, he was the kool kid of his school after this, all the kids taking pics on there phones off his tatt,

think he had to hide it from the teachers 8)

I feel sorry for the tattooist, if any of the other kids parents find out and decide to take a bit more action on it, he can say bye-bye to his shop and could be looking at legal proceedings (tattooing someone under the age of 18 is classed as mutilation of a minor)!! Mind you, i dont feel too sorry for him, it should be his job to ask for I.D.

And i'm no-one to talk i got my first tattoo as a little congratulations to myself for GCSE results  :2funny:

really ???  shit he's got a while to go before he's 18, he twisted my arm on this one, what about parents consent :)

anyways he getting a new one for his 17th >:D

Nope, parents consent has nothing to do with it unfortunately, there's no fluctuation on the under 18 law. Just make sure he's careful on what he gets and where he goes! If he's going to a shop which neglects to I.D. it makes you wonder what else they are neglecting to do. If you want me to have a check out in advance for ya, pm me the name of the shop (i don't want it to get posted as i don't like bad mouthing other shops) and i'll look in to it and possibly even give em a call and quiz em on their Sterilization process, just for your kids safety!

And where abouts are you based? If he's definately gonna be getting more tattoos, i may aswell point you in the direction of some good studios.

cheers but this was done by john dye who owns bicycle union, trusted tattoest and and knows his stuf :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

southend_styler

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 10:23 AM »
I was going to pm bmxbert for some pictures of his work, looks amazing :daumenhoch:,  maning up for the BMX tattoo ain't a problem... ;)  freeing the time up is gona take a little shuffling tho.

bmxbert, got any more pic's then mate?

Freeing up some time is gonna be a problem for us too, we're so busy at the moment. Bert's booked up solid until May. He's in very high demand.  :coolsmiley:

Me and him were chatting about it yesterday, and we discussed the possibilty of (when the weather's a bit nicer, obviously) maybe arranging a charity ride out down Southend seafront, and then, those who are up for it, back to the shop to see how many BMX tattoos we can do in one day!!!  ;)

What do you guys reckon?

I'm there!! I've got my design and i'm ready to (very slowly) roll.

:daumenhoch:

southend_styler

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 10:24 AM »
young billy had this done for his 16th birthday, done by john dye,

kool tatt :)

16th birthday???? Naughty!!!  ;)

lol, he was the kool kid of his school after this, all the kids taking pics on there phones off his tatt,

think he had to hide it from the teachers 8)

I feel sorry for the tattooist, if any of the other kids parents find out and decide to take a bit more action on it, he can say bye-bye to his shop and could be looking at legal proceedings (tattooing someone under the age of 18 is classed as mutilation of a minor)!! Mind you, i dont feel too sorry for him, it should be his job to ask for I.D.

And i'm no-one to talk i got my first tattoo as a little congratulations to myself for GCSE results  :2funny:

really ???  shit he's got a while to go before he's 18, he twisted my arm on this one, what about parents consent :)

anyways he getting a new one for his 17th >:D

Nope, parents consent has nothing to do with it unfortunately, there's no fluctuation on the under 18 law. Just make sure he's careful on what he gets and where he goes! If he's going to a shop which neglects to I.D. it makes you wonder what else they are neglecting to do. If you want me to have a check out in advance for ya, pm me the name of the shop (i don't want it to get posted as i don't like bad mouthing other shops) and i'll look in to it and possibly even give em a call and quiz em on their Sterilization process, just for your kids safety!

And where abouts are you based? If he's definately gonna be getting more tattoos, i may aswell point you in the direction of some good studios.

cheers but this was done by john dye who owns bicycle union, trusted tattoest and and knows his stuf :daumenhoch:

Ok, no worries then mate.  :daumenhoch:

Lazarou

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 10:26 AM »
I was going to pm bmxbert for some pictures of his work, looks amazing :daumenhoch:,  maning up for the BMX tattoo ain't a problem... ;)  freeing the time up is gona take a little shuffling tho.

Freeing up some time is gonna be a problem for us too, we're so busy at the moment. Bert's booked up solid until May. He's in very high demand.  :coolsmiley:

Me and him were chatting about it yesterday, and we discussed the possibilty of (when the weather's a bit nicer, obviously) maybe arranging a charity ride out down Southend seafront, and then, those who are up for it, back to the shop to see how many BMX tattoos we can do in one day!!!  ;)

What do you guys reckon?

I already have a BMX related tattoo of an SBC logo....

....but it's old now i need more!

southend_styler

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 10:29 AM »

What do you guys reckon?

Whats the new one you want then??

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2008, 10:30 AM »
i am up for some more ink  ,not sure what yet.

Lazarou

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2008, 10:31 AM »

What do you guys reckon?

Whats the new one you want then??

It's really cool! I'll try to get a pic for you.

southend_styler

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2008, 10:34 AM »
Ok mate, looking forward to seeing it!!  :coolsmiley:

bmxbert

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2008, 11:04 AM »
i should be able to post more pics of my work with a bit of stylers help at work tomorrow. im good  at the tattoos but computers aint my thing.
as for rad tattoos i will be designing a few small ones that i dont mind doing for free to any rad member that can get to southend on sea.
could even get del to do some decals of them  to put on your rides once you have the tattoo!!!!!

any ideas what to draw????

and john dye is ok providing hes not taking money for them he'll be ok. the work int to bad either hes tattooed my little mate jack with a huge union logo.

think you know jack. he rides at rom and knows your son sbd

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2008, 11:20 AM »
i should be able to post more pics of my work with a bit of stylers help at work tomorrow. im good  at the tattoos but computers aint my thing.
as for rad tattoos i will be designing a few small ones that i dont mind doing for free to any rad member that can get to southend on sea.
could even get del to do some decals of them  to put on your rides once you have the tattoo!!!!!

any ideas what to draw????

and john dye is ok providing hes not taking money for them he'll be ok. the work int to bad either hes tattooed my little mate jack with a huge union logo.

think you know jack. he rides at rom and knows your son sbd

yeah i know jack, he's a kool kid :)

bmxbert

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2008, 11:33 AM »
yeah he is i tattoo him to. think i'll be sending you his stuart king built frame soon its a 1 off.
im going to need it painted before i build it up.

it has a tiny ding in the top tube. can i p38 it before powder or will the oven affect it? its about the size of a 5p piece

subversion

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2008, 12:23 PM »
ON the way to Creation we spoke of just a simple 'BMX' tattoo which we talked about getting done years ago but this never happened. I think I'd be up for getting that done but I've never really found anything I'd like, that I'm certain I wouldn't want to change in years to come...

Let's see some more tottoos then dudes  :daumenhoch:

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2008, 12:46 PM »
i've had my next tattoo sorted for nearly two years. just need the funds to get it done.

southend_styler

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2008, 12:56 PM »
i've had my next tattoo sorted for nearly two years. just need the funds to get it done.

What is it your after mate? I'm sure bert will be able to cut a deal!!  ;)

teamsano

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2008, 01:16 PM »
my mate john has the m:zone pink monster tatooed on his arm.

dialledbikes

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2008, 04:02 PM »
BMXbert's work looks brilliant  :daumenhoch:

bmxbert

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2008, 04:13 PM »
cheers mike. i try hard work hard and play harder :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2008, 08:28 PM »
cheers mike. i try hard work hard and play harder :daumenhoch:

When I get permission (and the bottle) to get this done, I'll pay you a visit.

southend_styler

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2008, 11:15 PM »
That's cool! Bert will have a ball with that!!!  :daumenhoch:

bmxbert

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2008, 11:22 PM »
to right!!!! i tell you what you get the bottle and bring me a beer or or to and i'll do it for free..........
that dont happen every day, and since i charge £60 an hour and theres at least 2 hours in that you should pull your plums out and put them where your mouth is.......
the money you save will sweeten the deal when you take the misses out for a bit of slap up grub :daumenhoch:

whats it to be then mike??????

dialledbikes

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2008, 07:02 PM »
Crikey Bert, dunno what to say.  That's a bloody generous offer.  You're a gent.

To be honest, I could probably find the bottle but getting the Mrs used to the idea is the biggest problem.  She's a bit square when it comes to stuff like tattoos and piercings.  I'm working on her though.  I'll keep you posted and whether I have to pay or not, you're the man for the job, cos I love the look of your other work and you're a BMX'er  :daumenhoch:

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2008, 07:13 PM »
mike do what i did just come home with new tattoo's
she will have to get used to it then lol .the only ones she's liked are the kids names and me stars
the other two she hates . but so do i lol

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2008, 07:45 PM »
heres a couple i had done a few years ago,first ones a vans trainer on a dx with a flight crank in the back ground and the famous mongoose logo as part of a shoulder cap to match the other side

British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2008, 07:48 PM »
yeah he is i tattoo him to. think i'll be sending you his stuart king built frame soon its a 1 off.
im going to need it painted before i build it up.

it has a tiny ding in the top tube. can i p38 it before powder or will the oven affect it? its about the size of a 5p piece

the filler can't take the heat of the oven, is it a deep dent :)

bmxbert

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2008, 08:03 PM »
 :'( i dont know how deep it is i dont have it yetif its only shallow can you build up a bit of powder coat and then take it back before the final coat???

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BMX tattoo's (thread Idea from S&MAlex)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx