gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 14, 2024, 06:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  how low can you go?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: how low can you go?  (Read 7564 times)

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • the artist formerly known as DAVE3172 !!
  • Rated:
Re: how low can you go?
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2009, 11:59 AM »
That paint looks like a huge bruise  :idiot2: ..don`t get me started on that seat height ..getting backache looking at it !
With Bacofoil and a Battering Ram !

sweetbeats

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2009, 12:07 PM »
Ugly.
 ;D

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2009, 12:30 PM »
Lol, I hope Flatcap dont see this thread, his head will explode

I've been told by my anger management coach not to become angry about things that 'I' cannot control.

Right, where's my paper bag........1, 2, 3, and breath, inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale!!!

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2009, 12:37 PM »
Fook it, I can't let this one go!!!

It's just fooking pointless, stupid, sh1t, a waste of good materials....WHY! What an absolute sack of sh1t! Who the fook's making them or won't they admit it??

I've said for a while that BMX bikes are almost morphing in to these stupid things below and I've been proven right yet again!

Right, I can't go on anymore or I'll be needing my therapist tomorrow.

Daz.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

sweetbeats

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2009, 01:11 PM »
I was talking to my mam on the phone a few months ago and she was asking about how my bike was coming along blah blah and she said she was on her way home and seen these kids on bikes and non of them had seats...I was like "are you sure" she said "positive"I was like was it a "BMX"?
Anyways a few weeks later I was riding through birmingham city centre and i seen a group of lads all balancing on a wall (just balancing like dumb owls up a tree)and low and behold the seats had vanished... :LolLolLolLol:

Bring back the 80's beauty in my opinion (84 or earlier),riders in factory colours,happy looking sexy bikes,bikes that just make you want to kiss em and fall into 80's love :smitten:  :smitten:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 01:15 PM by sweetbeats™ »

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2009, 04:01 PM »
I've seen some 20" trials riders do some crazy, crazy stuff in the past. I've got lots of respect for those riders. But trials is one thing, and BMX should be another.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2009, 06:45 PM »
I've seen some 20" trials riders do some crazy, crazy stuff in the past. I've got lots of respect for those riders. But trials is one thing, and BMX should be another.

Totally agree Rob. I wasn't being disrespectful to the riders, their bike control is second to none. As you know I've watched lots of motor bike trials as a few of my mates have done or do trials riding. But it's like comparing Trials to Motorcross. They're two totally different things so require totally different bike set ups. I just find some of the new school engineering difficult to get my head round.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:

subversion

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2009, 08:12 PM »
sorted:

;)

jedi

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2009, 08:16 PM »
personally i dont see whats wrong.
its a bike and it can be used as any bmx would be.who cares what it looks like?its about the riding

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2009, 08:22 PM »
Gotta disagree with you there bud.  I always thought a bmx seat wasn't really for sitting on, but much more about saving your bacon when you missed a no footer, slipped your pedals (or broke them) or didn't get back on a superman seatgrap or similar.  On that clowns bike, his nuts are going to get swallowed and chewed between wheel and saddle...

Plus it looks fcuking stupid.   :D

jedi

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2009, 08:26 PM »
but you adapt to what you ride.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2009, 08:42 PM »
To a point.

Or, you become a fashion victim and only learn what you think are fashionable tricks. Like whips........

jedi

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2009, 08:44 PM »
heh heh

evamedia

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2009, 09:32 AM »
Whips might be fashionable, wish I could fookin do em though.

Sean 2000

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2009, 01:41 PM »
Whips might be fashionable, wish I could fookin do em though.

BENFLEET!

JT71

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2009, 01:44 PM »
but you adapt to what you ride.

yeah but a proper length seat post would have saved me a world of hurt when i fell back in the foam pit's launch platform quarter wouldn't it?

i'd have got my arse on the seat and my feet on the pedals.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 01:56 PM by JT71 »

SaMAlex

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2009, 01:53 PM »

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2009, 05:20 PM »
Wearing your sisters jeans is fashionable but that doesn't mean I'm gonna do it though!!!

Daz.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2009, 06:39 PM »
I doubt very much then, listening to all the creaks and groans of old trees, that anyone over 25 is gonna like this frame then.

It will probably be popular cos thats what young people want, their own shit, not the stuff that we think is cool, they want weapons grade skunk, we gave up cos it makes us feel odd now. They wear the jeans they want to wear, like we did when we were young....and still do.......not unlike the old gipper at the bus stop in his brown jumper,keks, shoes, socks and coat ;D

I spose what I am saying is dont knock it too hard cos you will just sound really old  :LolLolLolLol:

I'll accept it as sommat new, a different slant on the common theme, which is the one thing we all have in common with younger riders, a love of bmx.

I am off to greenwoods, my beige overcoat is lookin tired.
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

jedi

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2009, 06:41 PM »
high 5's dark diggler

dialledbikes

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2009, 06:46 PM »
These wack looking scooter bikes will die out eventually as the youngsters who buy em will grow out of the wack scooter phase and move on to proper looking frames and the older riders with sense will never buy them in the first place.  When nobody wants em, they'll stop making em.

JT71

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2009, 08:54 PM »
it's ALL bmx and it's all good.

you see scruffy little kids down the ramp in banbury with cheap old bmxs that are fit for the skip really and they're having a whale of time.

whilst i agree that quality products will take more of a hammering, it's about what's inside you in terms of attitude and personality and also the people you meet not the bike you ride that makes bmx so much fun.

if you took 5 or 6 of the regualr tuesday nighters at corby and stuck em all on £99.99 bikes for a couple of hours they'd still have a good craic same as they would if they were riding the latest uber low slung frame with stump seat post 25/9 gearing and no brakes. yes the £99 bikes would weigh a tonne but i reckon you'd make do.

subversion

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2009, 09:05 PM »
Sorry but if any of my riding mates turned up at the park on one of those scooter bikes they'd be in for a world of abuse :LolLolLolLol:

& they'd fooking deserve it too! >:D >:D >:D >:D

JT71

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2009, 09:13 PM »
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...so we're not going to ride together anymore then?

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

only kidding i still have my colony, which is quite low, but not really really low.

subversion

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2009, 09:30 PM »
Joe let's get out on them soon eh chap :daumenhoch:

Maybe in the future it will be looked at (frowned upon?) as the 'low skool' era? With 40 year old blokes still wearing girls jeans & silly hair, riding around on bikes (I'll refrain from using the term 'BMX') with their top tubes 3 inches from the floor......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  how low can you go?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx