gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975568 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 19, 2024, 02:01 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  *** RE ANNODISING HUBS****
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: *** RE ANNODISING HUBS****  (Read 611 times)

noelg

*** RE ANNODISING HUBS****
« on: January 23, 2009, 10:12 AM »
Hi Guys from downunder
 i am seeking advice on how to remove the metal insert from alloy hubs so i can get them reannodised
cheers noel

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: *** RE ANNODISING HUBS****
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 05:59 PM »
i think if you didnt knacker the hubs getting them out, you would most certainly knacker them getting them back in, and that would be on your new anodice.....  :-[
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 08:40 PM »
It isn't really possible to be honest, I spoke to my anodiser about this and he said that the inserts are near impossible to remove.  I had to have my hubs painted instead of anodised.

customparts

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 12:28 AM »
Hello I'm an anodiser and it is possible depending on which hubs.  have you got a picture of them so I can see and tell ya if it is possible. I'm doing some at the moment but I can't remember the name I will find out later and let you know. A good anodiser would mask off the steel parts and still be able to anodize them!  Are the hubs already anodized?

noelg

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 08:21 AM »
Hello I'm an anodiser and it is possible depending on which hubs.  have you got a picture of them so I can see and tell ya if it is possible. I'm doing some at the moment but I can't remember the name I will find out later and let you know. A good anodiser would mask off the steel parts and still be able to anodize them!  Are the hubs already anodized?
the hubs in question will be suntour high flange,most likely been already anno'd
the reason for the query is that i need a set ,to be goldso if i purchase any color i want to know if it is possible
the anno guy over here said all the metal MUST be removed b4 anno, otherwise they will arc out or some sh*t like that
thanks for your comments
keep them coming
cheers :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  *** RE ANNODISING HUBS****

gfxgfx
gfx gfx