gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975551 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 09, 2024, 09:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Ever wondered what happened to Robinson, Auburn, Powerlite......
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ever wondered what happened to Robinson, Auburn, Powerlite......  (Read 924 times)

dialledbikes

...... when GT went pop, post-Schwinn buying them out?

Somebody owns all 3 brands is has been playing around with prototypes.  Looks like there's still a bit of work to be done before we see these companies resurrected.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/robinsonr2

darkersomeday

Re: Ever wondered what happened to Robinson, Auburn, Powerlite......
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 04:34 PM »
check out the bb on the white coqpit!!?? :shocked:

be nice to see a skinny tubed steel frame

dialledbikes

Re: Ever wondered what happened to Robinson, Auburn, Powerlite......
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 04:45 PM »
Thats what I was thinking Joe.  If I owned those 3 brands they would each have to have a different USP.

Robinson would work well as a skinny tubed steel frame co (Robbos never looked right as alu frames).  Bring back the R-gusset!
Powerlite as the alu frame company (not too sure about the alu/carbon mix prototypes they have on ebay!).
Auburn would have to have it's original USP of cro-moly front triangle with a bolt on cro-mo or alu rear end.  Bit of a gimmick really, but no point in reviving the Auburn name if they don't have what originally made the Auburn name.

Wonder what has happened to Dyno, which was another name from the GT camp?

BB on the white Coqpit looks like the head tube area on a Koxx (i.e. gash).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 04:47 PM by mike@dialledbikes »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Ever wondered what happened to Robinson, Auburn, Powerlite......

gfxgfx
gfx gfx