gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 06:01 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  SHOW US YOUR OLD SCHOOL RIDES!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SHOW US YOUR OLD SCHOOL RIDES!  (Read 6399 times)

nornirishjon

Re: SHOW US YOUR OLD SCHOOL RIDES!
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2005, 04:28 PM »
Glad to be here mate. Though am absolutely gutted that i sold my nos TA about 7 months ago, if id known about this site i'd have kept it. Got a pretty penny for it though and bought nuskool then went on binge with the rest! Of course now i want another oldskool bike - Goddammit!!  :'(

Plenty more pics where that came from but need to scan them in.

daz bmx it!

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2005, 07:40 PM »
Hi buddy,cool pic! for a minute there I thought that was the one and only.....'Chesney Hawkes' coming outa that tree ;) ;D

nornirishjon

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2005, 11:50 AM »
He He!!  ;D Thank god he wasnt around at the time, my life would have been hell!

More pics:

theRuler

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2005, 12:28 PM »
great pics bro!
can you still get air like that?

nornirishjon

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2005, 12:58 PM »
When I had my TA last summer I took it back to the old track and a few round Belfast, by the end of the day I was getting the vibe again, reckon if i had a few more days i'd have been up there. Am now riding a Volume Flatline but havent ventured to a track, need to get it sorted!

Christ, thats an offensive picture!  ;)

R Palmer

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2005, 01:12 PM »
John,

Which tracks are still operating around Belfast.

Rich..

nornirishjon

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2005, 01:30 PM »
The crappy kids one by the sydenham by-pass - good for getting your bmx legs back though and has been looked after well.

Ormeau Pk is crackin, has been looked after and updated, loads of big tabletops and camels etc.

Dont know bout Belvoir - it was the one with the doubles on the first straight that were like a mile apart?

Bangor track is still there but needs a bit of work, doubt if it'll ever happen though.

R Palmer

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2005, 01:43 PM »
Must get down to Ormeau, Belvoir was a killer of a track, does there be much old school around these tracks

Do you remember Will Smyth rode for GT then Raleigh, i have been trying to get his whereabouts for a bit of input for Dan Cartwrights Raleigh website.

RP.

nornirishjon

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2005, 02:02 PM »
Not much oldschool happening anywhere in nor'niron as far as I know. Still though, none of the tracks were that busy, so you've got plenty of freedom, especially if you go in the morning at weekends or during school time.

Dont rem Will Smyth.

Dollarbill

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2005, 10:41 PM »
Ok, let the mocking begin!! 1st one is me larging it back in '88 when my GT was just a baby. Those of you with a keen eye will note the multiple swatches. Oh yeah, I knew what time it was alright. Proper hardcore, freestylin' with a broken wrist. twat!!

This next little number shows me committing an old school fashion crime aboard my CW No-ped scoot.

Mock away, I can take it. Remember, I ride with broken bones me. Grrrr.  >:(

daze

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2005, 11:08 PM »

nornirishjon

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2005, 11:24 AM »
Fantastic! Those fashion trends must have passed us by in N.I. - gutted!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  SHOW US YOUR OLD SCHOOL RIDES!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx