gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975569 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 20, 2024, 10:35 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series  (Read 29146 times)

kennyhunter6061

Re: Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2009, 07:43 PM »
I'm not on top of a hill, but often badly affected by wind  :-[

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2009, 08:06 PM »

nah

ya just stink alot kenny

russ :-*

are ya commin to preston then

MarkMcPake

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2009, 08:07 PM »
Any You know if Gate Practice is on this Thrusday and Sunday this, Would be nice to have a try after 15 years  :2funny:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2009, 10:03 PM »

nah

ya just stink alot kenny

Russ :-*

are ya commin to preston then

No, I won't be there.  I will be working. Anyway, I've got loadsamoney so I thought I'd better leave some cash for everyone else!  :LolLolLolLol: 

Niall76

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2009, 06:08 PM »
You've got something stuck to your chin there Kenny..... ;)

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2009, 06:13 PM »
thats his flava saver ;)

Niall76

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2009, 06:28 PM »
teehee!

How's it going Mark?  You heading over this Thursday?  Weather looks crap though......

MarkMcPake

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2009, 06:34 PM »
Think I will head down anyway - My boy is nipping my head to go back and if it's not raining it would be good to get some gate practice in. on holiday this week so no excuse :D

Paulo

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2009, 08:03 PM »
its not really a good location paulo, its on top of a hill and badly affected by wind.

Been there three times now and I think I must have been lucky with the wind factor. Clydebank is terrible for wind, mostly Kenny Scullion, but sometimes the westerly. Turn the first berm and whollop. You end up going backwards. But it's the same for all.

I'd have like to race Cumbernauld bitd. Bet it was a fab atmosphere.

Davey

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2009, 07:49 AM »
That would be great to race Cumbernauld . mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  mibbies not...... :uglystupid2:

MarkMcPake

« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2009, 08:38 AM »
The current Track was not built till the early 90's so by then the racing was not so big but the atmosphere was still good - as a kid I loved the old Cumbernald Track which was round the corner,  the one with the drop of at the end  :daumenhoch:

teamsano

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2009, 03:54 PM »
the original c-nauld track was my local and one of the best there was in scotland, most everyone who rode it seemed to like it.

i was seriously upset when it got ploughed to build the clyde f.c. park, which strangely enough was no where near where the track was and the ground is still empty. :(

MarkMcPake

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2009, 08:45 PM »
I guess all the wind jokes ruined it for today :) although it was good to put faces to a few names. Just thinking about the old time and the most scary start - I reckon Glenrothes  wins hands down for scary starts what you guy's think?

Niall76

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2009, 09:31 PM »
Yep, the weather can be a right pain.  We didn't go because of that.

Still, let's see what Sunday brings.....

Offline bmxr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2009, 09:45 PM »
You can blame/thank Stevie Fowler for the new C-nod track; he designed it, maybe he also had a hand in the Glenrothes layout as that was his home track!  I still have nightmares about that start hill in the wind & rain - it definitely favoured the big power riders and had a long start straight from memory.

Who's headin to Preston this weekend? - I'm still nursing my triples-wound from sunday, but am still up for it..........everyone at Clydebank seems to be riding through some injury/pain anyway, I reckon it's all part of riding a 20" at 38

Paulo

« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2009, 10:14 PM »
I reckon it's all part of riding a 20" at 38

A mere youngster Brett. Kenny Hunters a lot older than you  ;D

Not sure about Sunday. Kids were asking about it tonight but might be working.

Niall76

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2009, 12:18 PM »
Is everyone heading to Preston this Sunday?  I take it there will be no gate then?

Bummer, ah well, I might head over to Glentress on the mtb instead then......

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2009, 02:07 PM »
I reckon it's all part of riding a 20" at 38

A mere youngster Brett. Kenny Hunters a lot older than you  ;D

Cheeky bugger, I'm 38 too!!

Paulo

« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2009, 10:27 AM »

Anyone know if the guys made it to Preston? Will there be gate practice at Titans?

Niall76

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2009, 12:06 PM »
They are indeed in Preston so no gate practice today I'm afraid.

Stevo

« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2009, 06:39 PM »
Hope those who went to Preston had a good time. I will check out Moley's footage later.

Just wondered if I could blag a lift from Edinburgh to the track this Sunday 17 May. I would obviously chip in for fuel.

For those that don't know, I use City Car Club and it usually costs £60 to travel to the track, so if I race at the next 7 meetings this summer that's over £400 on travel.  :D

Hope someone can oblige. Cheers.

Niall76

« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2009, 07:58 PM »
Wow!  That's pretty pricey Steve.  Unfortunately I'm just near Glasgow airport.  However, if you could get the train to this end I'd pick you up and sort you out no bother.

Hopefully someone will be able to help you out but if not then I'm here.

I'll sell you a car...   ;)

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2009, 08:44 PM »
We did indeed make it to Preston. Great nite oot saturday and hangover racing on sunday by all except Scott as he was injured, and David who is a good boy and doesn't drink.

Iain and Brett were showing the way all day in the Motos and made the A Final. Iain got a good start but had a collision on the last berm to finish 6th, I think while Brett remained consistent and finished a deserved 2nd. Winning an nice big old school trophy, a tee and £30 prize money. Iain also got a trophy.

Kenny S and Myself made the C Final and finished 4th and 5th respectively. Time to start training we both reckon.

David had a big fall in the morning and sandbagged through his motos. :LolLolLolLol: Then had Moley chasing his ass in the D Final. However, he proved that fully fit he would have been higher in the standings and finished in 1st. Earning his first, but small trophy for over 20 years.

Once again we were made very welcome by the other OS riders and once again a good showing by us Scots. Till next time.... see you all sunday.

p.s. Stevo I may well already be through in Glasgow but if not I will be happy to give you a lift. Failing that Iain Archibald lives over mussleburgh way and may be able to give you a lift. I dont have his number but i'm sure Kenny or Brett have it.

Davey

« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2009, 09:15 PM »
Stevo, why don`t you bring yer helicopter. Plenty room to land the thing. I here the wee Jet garage is good for fuel.... :LolLolLolLol:

Paulo

« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2009, 10:01 PM »
Stevo, I hope you find a lift. £60 a shot is no fun!!! :(

Well done all who went to Preston. Sounds like another great trip across the border, and well done the locals for making everyone welcome.

You've two blokes getting ratted on Saturday and suffered at the track on Sunday. And then you have Davey who behaves himself and gets injured. I think Davey, next time go and do everything you shouldn't the night before!!

Well done to Brett and Iain for reaching the A final  :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series

gfxgfx
gfx gfx