gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 06, 2024, 11:00 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Twin Top Tubes Coming Back...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Twin Top Tubes Coming Back...  (Read 21418 times)

telelogic

Re: Twin Top Tubes Coming Back...
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 04:19 PM »
I want one :D

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 05:08 PM »
Subrosa were doing a frame with bashguard built in, but can't find the pic now.

that twin top tube looks cool as fokk. I like it,

:daumenhoch:

Pickle was talking about the bolt-on Bashguard...here's the Subrosa

« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 05:11 PM by Stodgy »

JT71

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 05:14 PM »
is that  production frame Daveypoos or just  a proto?

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2009, 05:17 PM »
I believe the bashguard is in the 2010 line-up...the twin tt is a proto.

subversion

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2009, 05:40 PM »
Looks good - apart from the fixed seat hight? ???

Offline josh_spratty

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2009, 06:30 PM »
one of the nicest frames ive seen in ages :D
how much will one of these be?

lodge

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2009, 06:44 PM »
I dont believe it, I bought a platform frame in the mid 90's, I realised that I really didn't need a platform hence the reason everyone was running single top tube frames.
I ran wide bars when everyone was running severely cut down bars, now wide bars are back I cant help but cut mine down a little.
And now this  :wtf:             It could take me 10 years to get my heed round this.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2009, 06:48 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2009, 08:35 PM »
What are the avantages/disadvantages to a twin TT as opposed to a single TT?

The fact that (almost) every Haro broke at the double top tube / seat tube plate gives you a good idea on that one  :LolLolLolLol:

This frame looks like that joint is LOADS better than the old Haro double top tubes tho  :daumenhoch:

yeah that junction looks way stronger. looks a lot like this one:

i'd buy one of those subrosas if they go into production, for sure.

Brian  :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2009, 09:50 PM »
What about if you cut the seat tube right down. Then you could put 2 handlebar pads on the twin tubes inseat of a seat. It would be like a pair of Skyway EZ bars with 2 bar pads on!
Old school and New school ... United!

I bet some bright spark doesn't even do that, they'll just chop the post off and be done with it - this could well be the first seatless bike.....

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2009, 10:20 PM »
It looks like the plate between the tubes runs most of the length of the tubes, Only appears to have a gap at the back. Looks cool in flat black though.
GT had a Halfrauds bike with twin down tubes last year, might have had twin top tubes aswell?

rarman1

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2009, 10:48 PM »
i dont need another bike.....i dont need another bike.....i dont need another bike.....i dont need another bike..... ::)   ;D

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2009, 11:05 PM »
i dont need another bike.....i dont need another bike.....i dont need another bike.....i dont need another bike..... ::)   ;D

You do and do it candy red or lavender :-X

madmike-bmx

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2009, 08:53 AM »
Quote from: S&MAlex on April 14, 2009, 02:14 pm
What about if you cut the seat tube right down. Then you could put 2 handlebar pads on the twin tubes inseat of a seat. It would be like a pair of Skyway EZ bars with 2 bar pads on!
Old school and New school ... United![quote/]

I bet some bright spark doesn't even do that, they'll just chop the post off and be done with it - this could well be the first seatless bike.....[quote/]

or you can buy an animal wedge post n use that ??

Offline Biggeorge

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2009, 11:35 AM »
I ran wide bars when everyone was running severely cut down bars, now wide bars are back I cant help but cut mine down a little.
And now this  :wtf:             It could take me 10 years to get my heed round this.

I know how you feel, I've always ran big bars and a freecoaster, used to constantly get twat kids with bars cut down so much they could hardly steer telling me to cut my bars down cos it makes x-ups easy even though they couldnt do them and I could!
When big bars and freecoasters came back into fasion, I put a GT forkstander and wheel disks on me white haro (pics in the museum) but that craze hasnt taken off yet! Cant think why!!!!
Like the suborsa though, would have one if it came with brake mounts and a normal seat tube!!

lodge

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2009, 11:44 AM »

I know how you feel, I've always ran big bars and a freecoaster, used to constantly get twat kids with bars cut down so much they could hardly steer telling me to cut my bars down cos it makes x-ups easy even though they couldnt do them and I could!
When big bars and freecoasters came back into fasion, I put a GT forkstander and wheel disks on me white haro (pics in the museum) but that craze hasnt taken off yet! Cant think why!!!!
Like the suborsa though, would have one if it came with brake mounts and a normal seat tube!!

:LolLolLolLol: Think I will fit a skyway freestyle platform on my LTF.

muttley

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2009, 10:36 AM »
Lovin this :coolsmiley:

Offline gavprimo

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2009, 02:52 PM »
hmm don 't see that really, other than an opportunity for people to buy more new school frames and make them look like old school bikes?

if someone built up an okdschool bike and tried to make it look oke a new school by slamming the seat and putting the bars in line with the forks, then put it up in the old school section, they'd be absolutely crucified, so why do it the other way round?

i don't have a problem with it at all and each to their own, but there are a lot of 'new school' bikes in the NS show us yours gallery that have been built up looking like OS and it just puzzles me

and the strongest ever twin top tube design is the nicolai 2mxtb (sorry its not a bmx)
http://www.glos.se/forsale/2mxtb/images/high/2MXTB_rear.jpg

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2009, 03:41 PM »
hmm don 't see that really, other than an opportunity for people to buy more new school frames and make them look like old school bikes?

if someone built up an okdschool bike and tried to make it look oke a new school by slamming the seat and putting the bars in line with the forks, then put it up in the old school section, they'd be absolutely crucified, so why do it the other way round?

i don't have a problem with it at all and each to their own, but there are a lot of 'new school' bikes in the NS show us yours gallery that have been built up looking like OS and it just puzzles me

and the strongest ever twin top tube design is the nicolai 2mxtb (sorry its not a bmx)

Puzzles me too Gav, but like you say...each to their own. Nothing I hate more than the Odyssey skinwalls at the moment...blugh, they just ain't right on modern bikes.

But, it's all BMX, everyone should be individual and free to do what the fook they want with their bikes.

I gotta say though this Subrosa is the first NS brand OS tribute I've ever liked - it brings the idea bang up to date...but I still wouldn't ride one myself...

lodge

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2009, 04:02 PM »

Can you define "looking like O/S" and we can try and explain  :daumenhoch:

Offline gavprimo

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2009, 04:19 PM »

Offline gavprimo

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2009, 04:28 PM »

Puzzles me too Gav, but like you say...each to their own. Nothing I hate more than the Odyssey skinwalls at the moment...blugh, they just ain't right on modern bikes.

But, it's all BMX, everyone should be individual and free to do what the fook they want with their bikes.

I gotta say though this Subrosa is the first NS brand OS tribute I've ever liked - it brings the idea bang up to date...but I still wouldn't ride one myself...

yeah that sort of thing really, like taking a bang up to the minute lightweight NS frame and then sticking on extra long seat post, front brake, 4 pegs, skinwalls, bars forward etc

and as I said it doesn't bother me, and its an observation not an accusation, I just find it puzzling, I couldn't have put it better than stodgy, some things just don't suit modern bmxs

SaMAlex

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2009, 08:00 PM »
yeah that sort of thing really, like taking a bang up to the minute lightweight NS frame and then sticking on extra long seat post, front brake, 4 pegs, skinwalls, bars forward etc

Oops. Apart from the skinwalls and forward bars, thats my bike to a Tee!
I still run 4 pegs and a front brake cos of the tricks I like to do.
Just cos my riding is stuck in the 90s, no need for my bike to be!  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 09:54 PM by S&MAlex »

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2009, 08:18 PM »
i quite like it  :daumenhoch:

oldschool rider

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2009, 08:39 PM »
Q. Why make a N/S bike with twin toptubes ?

A1. Maybe to try and make a bike that doesn't look like every other f@@kin bike out there.
A2. Maybe to make a bike that actually looks like a FREESTYLE bike and not a RACE bike like all bikes nowadays.

Q. Why run amberwall tyres on a N/S bike ?

A. Because they look better than all black tyres and to be different to everyone else.

Q. Why 4 pegs & Front brakes

A. Because if your like me you like to ride everything that includes Dirt, Park, Flat, Street.

Q. Why long seatposts ?

A. For many reasons but mainly because since day 1 i have run a seatpost at that height and it helps with stability in many tricks to. I have to laugh when the N/S kids say they run their seatpost so low so they can do tailwhips (Bollocks I say) have you seen where Jamie Bestwick runs his seatpost!

Don't get me wrong I think what N/S kids do with bikes nowadays is incredible but the sport is called BMX "FREE    STYLE" not BMX Same Style so why should everyone ride a black bike with slammed post. be yourself and ride what looks good in your eyes .

Steve.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Twin Top Tubes Coming Back...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx