gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 14, 2024, 04:58 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  WORLD EXCLUSIVE! Subrosa Double Top Tube Frame Official Production Pics!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WORLD EXCLUSIVE! Subrosa Double Top Tube Frame Official Production Pics!  (Read 31404 times)

losidan

I dont usually go for the new skool stuff but that is sexual.....Quite like the seatpost idea too

telelogic

get rid of the built in seat post and it rocks!

gyro tabs would also be nice.

I think SBD is gonna see every one of these at some point in the near future ;)

muttley

Yep its the daddy alright. I am expressing my interest in one of these Mr Stodgy   :4_17_5:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
The words Full and Circle spring to mind!

I like it because it's different, but other than being different, what other purpose does it serve? Only being The Devil's Odvocate so don't shoot me down in flames. Does it improve strength? Save a little on weight whilst maintaining strength??

I hate the seat post thing with a passion though!!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:

Looks nice but not into the built in pivi seatpost, but still in proto mode I hope the final item has normal seatpost, gyro tabs, and a 19.5 t/t option would be  :daumenhoch:

Steve.

This is the final production item Steve, so no gyro tabs I'm afraid, but they are real easy to drill and tap (billy p just did it on a normal Pandora).

Daz - not sure it serves any purpose than something a bit different...everyone moans that all NS bikes look the same, well now they don't - and still they get grief. LOL.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
hats off to them for doing something a bit diferent........looks the nuts!  as for the seat post thing?  well as nearly 90% of seats now are all Pivital and 95% of people have them set at that level......i guess it saves on weight and serves it's purpose.

good on em  :daumenhoch:

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Oh sh*t, I told myself that my fbm was gonna be my last new school ride... then this comes along!

I really like that.

Only thing I'm not dying about is the removable brake pivots, but I guess that's not a big issue.

I still want one  ;D

I can see some real nice builds showing up on here based around that frame...

Brian  :daumenhoch:

JT71

that's cool.

:daumenhoch:

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Dave, congrats on the scoop - this is the PERFECT radbmxshop frame - im sure tons will sell to us 'more mature' gents of bmx.
I love the twin toptube, if I remember correctly the last 'proper' bike to have them was the Dragonfly Double Dynamite. Im not including all those Haro retro pieces of sh1t.
Thanks for giving us the heads up on these frames , and well done once again on the scoop!
steve

oldschool rider

Well drilling for Gyro tabs is not a big job.

Now after I see someone cut the seatpost off and use a normal post & Seat I'll seriously think about it.

Now just need to wait and see t/t sizes.

But on a whole I like it. :daumenhoch:

Steve.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
I'm certainly not criticising them for being different, on the contrary, I applaud them.

I was just asking the question as to whether there was another purpose other that being different.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
I'm certainly not criticising them for being different, on the contrary, I applaud them.

I was just asking the question as to whether there was another purpose other that being different.

I know Dazzzzzy Daz, I was digging mate. It's all good.

:daumenhoch: :smitten:

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Dave,Do we know the TT length,hoping its atleast 20.5 and do you think this will be sold as a complete bike or just F&F..?

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
Dave,Do we know the TT length,hoping its atleast 20.5 and do you think this will be sold as a complete bike or just F&F..?

Just Frame Jay, matching forks and bars will also be available.

I'm not allowed to say anything on frame sizes and spec yet.

Offline Biggeorge

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Looking at the way the tt meets the headtube, I dont think you're going to be able to drill and tap gyro mounts.
If it had a normal seat tube and gyro mounts, I'd have one!

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Looking at the way the tt meets the headtube, I dont think you're going to be able to drill and tap gyro mounts.
If it had a normal seat tube and gyro mounts, I'd have one!

i reckon you just about get away with it with the giro

Offline Biggeorge

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:

i think youd have to put the mounts under the tt if you did, they meet the headtube in the same place as the mounts on my fly.
could work i suppose.

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
i like the machining on the bridge, and i like the fact its not a clone frame. Other than that i don't like it personally, reminds me too much of the dragonfly double dynamite frame and i wasn't a fan of that. I may feel different if i saw it in chrome, or maybe torker yellow with all black parts

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Stupid question, but is there going to be any brake mounts??

If so, put me on the list. :daumenhoch:

oldschool rider

Robbo if you look closely at the pics you will see there are removable brake mounts.

Steve.

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Thanks mate, swear I need glasses!! ;D

muttley

Secured mine.   8)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
A little update...

Subrosa believe it is possible to cut the pivitol off and run a normal seatpost - they are just double checking.

Gyro tabs are being considered but nothing promised.

:daumenhoch:

oldschool rider

Great news Dave,
                            Now seeing as you seem to have the POWER ask them for a 19.5 t/t and Translusent Red Please and I'll have one !!!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Steve.

spinmaster

18inch please dave.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  WORLD EXCLUSIVE! Subrosa Double Top Tube Frame Official Production Pics!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx