gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 06, 2024, 04:59 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  WORLD EXCLUSIVE! Subrosa Double Top Tube Frame Official Production Pics!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WORLD EXCLUSIVE! Subrosa Double Top Tube Frame Official Production Pics!  (Read 31603 times)

telelogic

can you ask them to make my nob bigger dave?

lodge

Well I never thought I would ever be interested in a double TT frame but yes that is nice ,what I like about it is the double TT serves no purpose as its not for standing on, the two tubes combined are not that much wider than a n/s single TT.
Be interested what the weight is as maybe they have done it to save weight.
I like the brand too.

teamsano

i think it looks great, but, it'll be interesting to see how it holds up strength wise.

(see how i worded that, so i don't start a riot?)

Offline gavprimo

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
at a guess, surely they'd only be available in black, white or raw given that that's Subrosa's design ethos

oldschool rider

i think it looks great, but, it'll be interesting to see how it holds up strength wise.

(see how i worded that, so i don't start a riot?)

GOGO atleast if they break you can leave Unknown alone  :LolLolLolLol:
(Harmless Jest)

Steve.

teamsano

how many masters did u see break at the seat-tube tho stevie?

magna13

Very nice! :smitten:

oldschool rider

how many masters did u see break at the seat-tube tho stevie?

I know GoGo twas only a little jest my comment before, hopefully these will be stronger than masters, I personally like the looks alot  :daumenhoch: well done Subrosa for making something different.

Steve.

WizardWeb

Masters and Sports broke because they only had a single plate at the seat-tube whereas the RL20II had an oval tube. Soon as Haro flipped to that design the problem seemed to almost disappear.

But I really like this subrosa frame. it's different and that's a good thing as they do all look the same now. Mind you a lot of the old frames had stuff added for the sake of it. i'm not a fan of that approach but surely the frames can be made to look more distinctive the the obligatory double diamond, even if it just in the details.

DJ

It looks nice but what is the purpose of twin toppers these days honestly? I can't many people doing surfers etc...

telelogic

by the same token you could ask "what's the point in having different colours?"

not trying to start a fight, but as long as it doesn't harm the performance, and some people like the way it looks, why not?

you don't have to buy it :)

teamsano

It looks nice but what is the purpose of twin toppers these days honestly? I can't many people doing surfers etc...

what was the point of twin top tubes or standing platforms EVER?

honestly, name me ONE trick that you needed these for.

i used to laugh at standard making bikes in 1994 with standing platforms, what a joke.

lodge

Surely Subrosa are not thinking people are gonna use the double top tubes for standing on!

When I started riding again in the mid 90's I would only buy a frame with a platform (just because its what I had always rode)
I soon realised there was nothing I needed the platform for.

Today I always find myself thinking that 80's freestylers would have been better off running single TT race frames instead of the horrible freestyle frames we rode.

I had loads of double TT frames bitd but my favourite frames were a single TT Firebird and a GT pro..

WizardWeb

I think Twin Tubes are a good design alternative or even 2 into one. It's when you got the luggage rack on the back that it seemed stupid.  :LolLolLolLol:

oldschool rider

Well call me old fashioned but I love a double t/t or small platform, to me it makes it look like a "FREESTYLE" bike single t/t are race bikes to me.

Steve.

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
Hey guys, spoke to Stu last night...Subrosa have confirmed that you can cut off the pivitol mount and use it as a standard seattube (with a little slit mod), but definately no gyro tabs...

:daumenhoch:

muttley

Who cares just hurry up and get me one.

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
Who cares just hurry up and get me one.

LMFAO

Late summer me old sausage - your name is on the list.

:daumenhoch:

muttley

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Any idea's on TT length's and colours?

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:

well most of there bikes are black white and raw so prob the same lol

Stella Dave

Looks cool, be interesting to see how they hold up. Look pretty sturdy though.

Certainly got everyone's interest!

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:

I have indeed.

;)

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:

what was the point of twin top tubes or standing platforms EVER?

honestly, name me ONE trick that you needed these for.

1 footed framestand grasshoppers.  :LolLolLolLol:
I  think I'll need to get one of these. very nice. how much are they Stodgy?
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

stubb

looks a little like the old morales frames, would definately be nice in white, shame about the gyro tabs though . definately one to watch ,

cheers to alex for pointing me over here ,

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  WORLD EXCLUSIVE! Subrosa Double Top Tube Frame Official Production Pics!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx