gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975569 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 20, 2024, 07:02 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  *** Raleigh Aero Pro Burner ***
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: *** Raleigh Aero Pro Burner ***  (Read 27576 times)

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
*** Raleigh Aero Pro Burner ***
« on: May 05, 2009, 10:07 PM »
This bike has been TWO years in the making, its one of the 'Holy Grail' bikes to us Burner Collectors and I wanted it to be perfect.

Its still a few parts short of being how I want it... but its getting there.

The NOS decal set is simply stunning and to have the bike in the correct colours really means the most to me.

Without the following people I wouldn't have this build anywhere near where its is today.. [Zippy, ButtsBikeShop, Mike0310, cbrgil, Esemdesign, SE-Bmxer, Monkian & Craig Schofield].
The bike I wanted as a boy of 11....   :smitten:

**RALEIGH AERO PRO BURNER**

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: *** Raleigh Aero Pro Burner ***
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 10:13 PM »
DdDDDdddave......TttTTtthTATTTSSSS,,,,,,rrREAAALLLLLY........NNnnnnNnnnnice....

AaaaaaaaaAAAaaaaaaaAAaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhrrrrRRrrrrrGGGGGggghhhHHHHHHHHHHH

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

munners

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 10:16 PM »
Like that.

magna13

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 10:18 PM »
you know im a burner boy dave :smitten: :smitten: top class work mate  :daumenhoch: be sure to bring it to MK, would like to see that in person or even have a sit on it if you wouldnt mind :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 10:19 PM »
My last bmx before engines took over, quality build Dave

dialledbikes

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 10:29 PM »
Here's a funny little story.

Back in 1990/91 when I started to get interested in BMX again (when the people who were still into BMX were into it for riding, not collecting) I went up to Hemel Hempstead to buy a Skyway TA off a mate's cousin.  I got the complete TA for £120 and he also offered me a complete one of those Burners for £100.  Being a poor student (and also because I didn't need another bike and I wasn't a Burner fan at all) I politely declined.

I wondered if it's still in that shed in Hemel?

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 10:30 PM »
I wondered if it's still in that shed in Hemel?

PM sent...  ;D ;D ;D

dan-dare

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 10:33 PM »
Nice Dave. :daumenhoch:

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 10:39 PM »
have a set of those decals stashed in a big encylopedia at my mums somewhere. Ordered them in for a customer who didnt pick them up....in 1985..  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pkradman

• Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 10:51 PM »
dave thats the bomb !!!!  i said this last year and even this year i still cant belive the amount of a/pros there with them crappy red hint decals .... is there a reason why no one has mastered the decals ???

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 11:00 PM »
dave thats the bomb !!!!  i said this last year and even this year i still cant belive the amount of a/pros there with them crappy red hint decals .... is there a reason why no one has mastered the decals ???

Apparently the colour is really difficult to match in the PANTONE Colour Chart. BMXMAN has had a couple of attempts and its either a bronze colour or Red...

I got this set from Craig Schofield last year... and was absolutely stoked...  :D :D :D

Then last month he sent me these...  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I'm pretty sure I will be keeping these... just in case...  ;)

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 11:40 PM »
Any chance of getting a set of ya for my aero pro beard, please  ;)

LOve the build by the way, spot on  :smitten: :4_17_5:

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 09:20 AM »
Its been a good week in Beard's house....  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

jazzyje

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 08:37 PM »
when i look at aero pro's i still get the same feeling as i did when i woke up on xmas day as a 12 year old.i love the look of them and always will.they were a top spec straight of the box bike.incredible value for £225 if i remember rightly.no one else came close in spec for the money.i was gutted when i got mine stolen.then i saw the saddle on a racing bike of a kid just up the road.problem was he was from the roughest family on the estate.when i asked him about it he said he had found the saddle.well i must of loved that bike cos i went and knocked on the door of this family.the old man answered and i asked him if they had "found" any more of my bike.i walked into the front room to find it minus the wheels and the seat.i picked it up and walked out with it with them watching me open mouthed.they could'nt believe it.nothing was ever said cos back then you went to prison for stealing bikes.never did have the money to put the right wheels back on it and eventually gave it to my brother who then promptly got it nicked again.the jmc darryl young bars that tony williams talked me into buying would be worth a few quid now.anyway,i've bored you enough.

jackel

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 08:43 PM »
sold an aero pro about 4 years ago to julian taff
it was mint and had aero pro team stickers on it
its definetely 1 i wish i kept :(

dan-dare

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 09:01 PM »
when i look at aero pro's i still get the same feeling as i did when i woke up on xmas day as a 12 year old.i love the look of them and always will.they were a top spec straight of the box bike.incredible value for £225 if i remember rightly.no one else came close in spec for the money.i was gutted when i got mine stolen.then i saw the saddle on a racing bike of a kid just up the road.problem was he was from the roughest family on the estate.when i asked him about it he said he had found the saddle.well i must of loved that bike cos i went and knocked on the door of this family.the old man answered and i asked him if they had "found" any more of my bike.i walked into the front room to find it minus the wheels and the seat.i picked it up and walked out with it with them watching me open mouthed.they could'nt believe it.nothing was ever said cos back then you went to prison for stealing bikes.never did have the money to put the right wheels back on it and eventually gave it to my brother who then promptly got it nicked again.the jmc darryl young bars that tony williams talked me into buying would be worth a few quid now.anyway,i've bored you enough.

Cool story Justin. :daumenhoch:

Have you still got the one you had at Warrington? :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 09:29 PM »

Beard, pardon my Raleigh ignorance, but what's the difference between the two frames in this pic?

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 09:39 PM »
very nice dave,had 1 of those back in the day,dont know what ever happened to it  :-[

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 09:43 PM »
I saw one of those two weeks ago being ridden in Nottingham, are they worth much then?

:) DINGO :)

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 09:47 PM »

Beard, pardon my Raleigh ignorance, but what's the difference between the two frames in this pic?

Frames are identical...  :daumenhoch:

I saw one of those two weeks ago being ridden in Nottingham, are they worth much then?

In decent condition they fetch £350+  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 09:51 PM »
it looked ok, decals were intact and it had had a gyro fitted, I will keep an eye out for him then  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 10:06 PM »
it looked ok, decals were intact and it had had a gyro fitted, I will keep an eye out for him then  :LolLolLolLol:

And send him in my direction...  :daumenhoch:

neiljonarcus

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 10:19 PM »
yes  dave  you  are  a  b4stard  but  in  a  nice  way  mate  them  to  bike  together  look so  nice  ...... i have  got  the horn so much now to do a pro burner
how  many burners  do  you  have  in  your  collection  now  ?

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 10:32 PM »
I'm down to NINE Burners... I have THREE none-Burners (and another on the  horizon).  :daumenhoch:

I did have TWELVE Burners in various states of resto but I have had to down size my collection due the racing bug kick'in in....  :D :D :D

neiljonarcus

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2009, 10:37 PM »
i  wish  i  could  afford  to  keep  most  of  what  i  do  but  ........... wedding  is  so  close  .... i have tried  to  explain that  i am addicted to bmx  ....alex just laughed at me   :LolLolLolLol:    :LolLolLolLol:    :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  *** Raleigh Aero Pro Burner ***

gfxgfx
gfx gfx