gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975553 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 10, 2024, 06:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  *** Raleigh Aero Pro Burner ***
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: *** Raleigh Aero Pro Burner ***  (Read 27526 times)

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: *** Raleigh Aero Pro Burner ***
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2009, 12:02 AM »
i get confused with these burners i always though the one with the R in th gusset was the holy grail one. tis very nice though

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2009, 12:03 AM »
The 'R' Gusset Pro Burner is the 'Holy Grail' of the Mk1 Range...

The Aero Pro is the 'Holy Grail' of the Mk2 Range...

:4_17_5:

stimpycp

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2009, 06:33 PM »
Just got my Aero Pro from my Mum & Dad's loft. Euuwergh!! Oh dear.
The old girl's a bit brown.
I raced in the day and this was my ride. Me and my Dad changed out most of the parts for light aluminium in blue; Suntour 3-piece crank and seat clamp, Sugino Chain wheel, Bear-traps. The dia-compe sets were identical, just blue. Elina (?) UL cro-mo light weight seat/ post unit and Tioga Cro-mo bars. Sharpe mushrooms and bar ends. Left the original Araya Aeros, Tioga Comp III tyres and black Suntour hubs on. Stem may be SR? I think the parts taken off ended up on my kid (at the time, he's bigger than me now) brother's white DP Firebird frame/ fork set he was building. Team Raleigh pads rather than the black ones, complete with fading from the lime in the track cement! The seat's really low, set for a 10 year old. I'd like to attach some images, but haven't worked it out yet.
I Loved my bike. So light, and it still looks SO right. Won loads of races on it. 1st in age-group North West, a couple of times. Raced Champion of Champions Tamworth. Nationals at Three Sisters Wigan. Memories! I lived BMX. I used to vomit in my Haro face mask from the nerves of the competition of it all like, ..but what a lovely time.
The bike once got stolen from a shed, but was recovered by a marshall from our club when he found it in a second-hand shop. Magic.
Obviously all the Aluminium parts are as great as they were then but the frame/ fork and bars are knackered. Gonna try looking into gettin' 'em blasted and re-chromed.
The decals are going to be a problem. I have to find out where you can get them without being the red ones everyone's talking about or being prohibitively expensive.
Anyone out there have any suggestions?
Anyone have them or know where to go?
Or anyone had luck with Adobe Illustrator?
Good to be back!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 07:53 PM by stimpycp »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  *** Raleigh Aero Pro Burner ***

gfxgfx
gfx gfx