gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975551 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 09, 2024, 10:58 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  pure bmx
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: pure bmx  (Read 18128 times)

darkersomeday

Re: pure bmx
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 12:36 PM »
You right about Rob, he's a very successful businessman in his own right too, the bloke does not mess about. Before he got into BMX when his son started racing he was running and sponsoring a top UK MX team. I'm sure he wouldn't waste his time and money on a fad, or some flash in the pan sort of deal.

Most people at the very sharp end of racing couldn't careless what something look like to a point, it's the end result that matters. This bike isn't intended for the likes of me and the Masters head bangers, it's aimed at the Elite market.

what bars are those in the website photo?

cant quite make them out ???

Flying_fox

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 04:15 PM »

what bars are those in the website photo?

cant quite make them out ???

S&M race.

Moschops

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 07:58 PM »
Pure isn't just bmx either, Rob's done his market research and nailed a key area. Velodrome bikes for 10 year olds!

Until now they were custom builds only, Shinny will also be sporting a pure on the boards.

And once Cam's a little bigger he will sport a Pure on the boards.

AL

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2009, 10:07 PM »
Sweet...    Sounds like we will have to have one of those in our household, for use down at calshot :)

teamsano

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 09:40 AM »
The bent seat tube is the key to the stiffness of the frame.

what a lot of flannel.  i'm not a uni proffessor, but theres no way putting a bend in a tube increases stiffness.

Moschops

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 12:05 PM »
It might not increase the stiffnes of the tube with the bend in, but the powers that be say it's a component on the whole package.

dialledbikes

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 07:36 PM »
Bike design is one of the things with lots of different theories surrounding it and difficult to prove either way.

The true test of the Pure will be what results people can achieve on them.  Not necessarily Shanaze cos she could win on anything, but the rest of the team.

From my perspective, EA Pure Racing and their professori designed hi-tech titanium dream machines are sitting 8 places and 82 points behind my team of lo-tech cro-moly riding renegades in the national series rankings  ;)

Moschops

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2009, 09:55 PM »
Bike design is one of the things with lots of different theories surrounding it and difficult to prove either way.

The true test of the Pure will be what results people can achieve on them.  Not necessarily Shanaze cos she could win on anything, but the rest of the team.

From my perspective, EA Pure Racing and their professori designed hi-tech titanium dream machines are sitting 8 places and 82 points behind my team of lo-tech cro-moly riding renegades in the national series rankings  ;)

I bet you smilled like a cheshire cat as you wrote that Mike :daumenhoch:
I smile like a cheshire cat every time I ride my mx20 ;)

dialledbikes

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2009, 10:09 PM »
You're right Lee  :D

I'm both surprised and very happy that we're currently No.2 team at the moment.  Not sure if we can make that final step and become No.1 this season (we've been No.2 in 4X for 3 years in a row but the top spot has always eluded us), but we're definitely on target to beat our best ever 6th place finish in BMX.

teamsano

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2009, 11:39 PM »
It might not increase the stiffnes of the tube with the bend in, but the powers that be say it's a component on the whole package.

again, false.

the seattube is the highest stressed tube on a bmx.
putting a bend in it will allow it to 'stretch' allowing more flex on the other tubes.

FAIL.

Moschops

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2009, 06:43 AM »

again, false.

the seattube is the highest stressed tube on a bmx.
putting a bend in it will allow it to 'stretch' allowing more flex on the other tubes.

FAIL.

Don't shoot the messanger........coz he rides a dialled ;)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2009, 07:15 PM »
I would have thought the bottom bracket or the headtube would have been the most stressed part of a frame because of the loadings going through it.

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2009, 08:09 PM »
Somethines the results can supprise you of where and how the stress can impact on a design...I've been running one of my clients designs though our FEA package and the results have supprise a lot of my application engineers.
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

dialledbikes

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2009, 09:10 PM »
I know people's views/concerns about UK Bike Co turned out to be right, but let's give Pure a chance to show what they've got.

There's not many UK based BMX race companies around so let's hope they succeed, not fail.

Moschops

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2009, 10:06 PM »
I know people's views/concerns about UK Bike Co turned out to be right, but let's give Pure a chance to show what they've got.

There's not many UK based BMX race companies around so let's hope they succeed, not fail.

such a gent Mike, good on ya fella :Great_Britain:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2009, 10:22 PM »
I'm all for progression and pushing the boundries but you can't beat a standard cro mo frames BMX race frame.

Preferably with Dialled written down the side of it.  :LolLolLolLol:

teamsano

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2009, 10:24 PM »
I would have thought the bottom bracket or the headtube would have been the most stressed part of a frame because of the loadings going through it.

think how many tubes are welded to the seat tube. on cheaper made frames that they only use one tube crmo, its the seat tube thats crmo.

dialledbikes

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2009, 10:25 PM »

Cheers Lee.

I think BMX racing is the best sport ever and would love to see it boom again, be taught in schools across the country (like Kelvin is doing in Rotherham) and shed its "kids' sport" image.

The way I see it, if more UK riders were on bikes made/produced by UK based companies, there'd be more sponsorships and maybe the sport would reach full potential.  75% of UK racers are on American companies' frames, but no American companies are supporting UK BMX.  UK riders/racers need to see the bigger picture.

Moschops

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2009, 07:27 AM »

Cheers Lee.

I think BMX racing is the best sport ever and would love to see it boom again, be taught in schools across the country (like Kelvin is doing in Rotherham) and shed its "kids' sport" image.

The way I see it, if more UK riders were on bikes made/produced by UK based companies, there'd be more sponsorships and maybe the sport would reach full potential.  75% of UK racers are on American companies' frames, but no American companies are supporting UK BMX.  UK riders/racers need to see the bigger picture.

Guilty as charged, 6 race bikes in the house and only one is a UK bike and that's mine which dosn't get much use. :-[

You make a very good point Mike ;)

dialledbikes

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2009, 09:24 AM »
No worries Lee.  It's aways been the case that most people want American bikes.

I stand corrected on my above statement.  Free Agent and Profile do their bit direct from the US.

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2009, 09:25 AM »
Yep second that very good point Mike.

I think one of the problems is there's no (or very little) people out there who understand what is needed to build a good solid and reliable race frame (engineering/geometry/bike frame wielding)..... + there's all the R&D involved that goes into it.........:-(

The people who have a good history and pedigree will reap the benefits over the coming years ........that’s one thing I’m sure of
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2009, 11:40 AM »
Bring back Raleigh then. ;)

dialledbikes

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2009, 11:53 AM »
Zippy, you have the contacts, get on to them.  I'd love to see Raleigh back on the scene (as long as they made decent bikes, Burners!).

But I think Raleigh is run by bean counters not riding enthusiasts these days.

I'd love to design a range of BMX bikes for Raleigh (decent ones) as regardless of what people think of the actual bikes, the Burner brand is still strong.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2009, 12:20 PM »
The problem Raleigh has is it's in a no win situation. They could re badge a Dialled frame and still nobody would buy it because it has Raleigh written on it.

Raleigh is a business and is in existence to make money and unfortunately there isn't market for a decent race frame produced by them. They have to go mass market just to get a return.

They did offer to build me a custom built race frame so I could ride in Raleigh colours but it kind of petered out in the end when the guy pushing it left.

dialledbikes

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2009, 12:37 PM »
I hear what you're saying Si, but the Raleigh Burner brand is still strong in BMX and with the right marketing strategy they could give it another go if they were prepared to speculate to accumulate.

I've never been on Burner World, but I understand it has a strong following/membership.  That's the market they need to tap into (as long as there are people on Burner World who actually ride and who's kids ride, rather than just people who collect bikes but never ride them).

I'm not a big fan of Raleigh, but I can see its potential.  It's a pity the people running it have no desire or ambition to make it big again.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 12:40 PM by mike@dialledbikes »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  pure bmx

gfxgfx
gfx gfx