gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975551 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 10, 2024, 01:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  pure bmx
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: pure bmx  (Read 18130 times)

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
Re: pure bmx
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2009, 12:45 PM »
Same problem with most bigger companies these days..........run by accounts  :'(
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Sabbath

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2009, 01:19 PM »
Hi Forum,

There seems to be some misinformation flying around on Pure's BMX frame, so i thought I'd clarify.

Rob Vernon is the man behind The Pure Bicycle Company. The tech and design work is carried out by us at Sabbath Bicycles (www.sabbathbicycles.co.uk) under contract to Rob and Pure Bicycles. Pure own the design rights and its all their Intellectual Property. Sabbath is my company, we've been producing road and mountain bike frames for three years now with good success in the UK, but we're still a pretty small outfit so we can respond to specific requirements.

When Rob at Pure asked for our tech input, it was exciting to have the opportunity to get involved in another facet of bike design. So, they are not designed by the same co that does British Cycling's track or road bikes. They are designed by my brother, Dr Iain Roche, who works closely with Rob's riders. Manufacturing is overseen by us on Pure's behalf. As to design budget, it certainly wasn't massive, its been what it needed to be to get the work done. Neither Iain or i are rich just yet.

As to Shaneze's involvement, she is currently riding Pure on a test basis. Any contract she has would be between Pure and herself, but i know that we are being asked to produce framesets specifically for her to test.

Lastly, glad to see the look of the frame divides people. Rob's brief to us was to take a completely fresh look at BMX design, and thats what Iain has done. He'd be better giving you the tech low down than me. I just answer the phones and allow the bills to come in with my name on.

Greg

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2009, 03:33 PM »
Hi Greg,

Welcome to Rad  :daumenhoch: Glad to see there is still some engineering/businessman talent out there keep it up Fella  ;)
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2009, 03:45 PM »
Greg - nice one for appearing here and fronting up.  You may wish you hadn't  :D :D :D

Good luck with the bike.  I don't mind it to look at and judge them by how they ride.

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2009, 04:37 PM »
after doin a couple yrs on an old school bike ,,,my intensions are to go for a new school frameset and if possible im gonna get a pure as they look as rad as i ride

russ  nebmx

eloopnai

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2009, 06:45 PM »
blimey i think i started a good thread here

i gotta say i do like the look of the bike and as its a small british company that makes it more apealing to me
if i had a larger budget for this years cruiser i would have got a dialled instead of the kuwi as mike said in an earlier post we gotta start backing uk products
at the daggers regional i noticed a load of dialled bikes which is great lets hope pure get it right and we see just as many of them
its not to everyones taste but if people start winning on it and it proves to be reliable then im sure they will sell
intense seem to be very popular and are of a simular design

thanks sabbath for coming on and clearing up some facts  :daumenhoch:

darkersomeday

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2009, 08:37 PM »
so just to get this straight,

1, you're a mountain-bike company that wants to cream a little cash out of bmx

2, none of you actually ride bmx

3, you have a bike company called "sabbath", did you nick the name straight from s&m bikes?

4, you set out to build a "fresh new bmx design" then built a frame that looks the same as every other apart from the pointlessly bent seatpost tube,

5, youre "glad" the most of us think its ugly as fook,

alarm bells are ringing rob :LolLolLolLol:

why not just stick to building mtb's and buy yourself a nice shiney car instead? ;)

yet another "flash in the pan bmx company"

right there.

darkersomeday

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2009, 08:43 PM »

i gotta say i do like the look of the bike and as its a small british company that makes it more apealing to me

is that why you ride that taiwanese made corporation backed "kuwahara"

(inverted comma's as its NOTHING to do with the genuine,real,old school kuwahara's.......apart from the name on the stickers)

eloopnai

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2009, 08:50 PM »

it states in the post i put if i had the money as i was on a tight budget  as i was out of work for 3 months hence the taiwanese made corporation backed "kuwahara"  i got a whole bike and more for the same price of a dialled frame
so that answers your snidey question

whats your problem fella ?

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:53 PM by eloopnai »

dialledbikes

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2009, 08:54 PM »

3, you have a bike company called "sabbath", did you nick the name straight from s&m bikes?

4, you set out to build a "fresh new bmx design" then built a frame that looks the same as every other apart from the pointlessly bent seatpost tube,

why not just stick to building mtb's and buy yourself a nice shiney car instead? ;)

right there.

Hey Joe (where you goin' with that gun in your hand  :2gunsfiring_v1: )

From what I can tell, Rob Vernon owns Pure Bikes and Sabbath Bicycles designs/manufactures them for Pure.  I'm not sure Pure is trying to cash in on BMX as Rob Vernon's son (Ethan) is a top young racer and I'm not even sure these bikes will be available outside of the Pure/EA team.  And Sabbath aren't selling any BMX frames under their own brand.

I know you're passionate about BMX and the direction it goes in (like me).

rhino_mac

« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2009, 08:58 PM »

Or a bike company that makes MTB's and wants to diversify into other areas.

I don't use lip balm but that doesn't stop my company making them.

Or the band perhaps. I wouldn't mind seeing Ozzie doing a tabletop!

Yeah, you could have built a frame that looked EXACTLY like all the others instead of trying something a little different

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

right there.

Seriously mate, how negative can you get in one post. I don't know much about new school BMX, but it's a good job not everyone has your attitude or nothing would ever evolve and move on.

I don't know you but if you're as passionate about BMX as it appears from other comments, perhaps a little support for niche manufacturers would be an idea. And as for cashing in on BMX, name me a company involved in BMX that doesn't and I'll prove otherwise. Look at their accounts and see the shareholders dividends (even if it's a privately owned company) and Directors remunderation - that's why ALL companies are in business unless they're a charity (and then some of them stretch that!)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2009, 09:08 PM »
Joe.......i think the term is....(as my son would say)  Owned!   :LolLolLolLol:

;)

dialledbikes

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2009, 09:09 PM »
And as for cashing in on BMX, name me a company involved in BMX that doesn't and I'll prove otherwise. Look at their accounts and see the shareholders dividends (even if it's a privately owned company) and Directors remunderation - that's why ALL companies are in business unless they're a charity (and then some of them stretch that!)

Never paid myself a salary or drawn a dividend from Dialled Bikes Ltd.  Only thing I get out of it is the odd free frame/bike parts/kit and expenses to travel to races/stay in hotels.  Not saying I don't want to make money in the long term, but for now, it's definitely a labour of love, not a cash cow.

People often talk about job satisfaction without really knowing what it means.  Job satisfaction for me is everytime I see one of my team win a title or someone telling me how much they enjoy riding one of my frames.

spillers#1

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2009, 09:10 PM »
Haven't you heard of him(DSD)  ;) he's a current well respected bmx racer who attends all the regionals and nationals and beats everyone (not)  :LolLolLolLol:

I raced at derby nat and from what i could see all the EA pure riders were at the thick end of the moto's and finals and the same on sunday at the midlands/eastanglia regional and i certainly wouldn't want to tell mr mapp he's bike is ugly  ::)

rhino_mac

« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2009, 09:13 PM »
Fair comment, but all I'm trying to say is knocking a company for making a profit is pretty stupid. All companies need to make a profit to stay in business. They shouldn't be ashamed of trying to be profitable.

Seems to me to be pretty ignorant to knock a company for "cashing in on BMX" just because they launch a frame and race it.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2009, 09:46 PM »
I got to see these frames up close yesterday and really liked the look of the junior size but the pro sizes are just not my bag, good on ya for having a go at something different but Mikes Ti Dialled cruiser was a thing of pure beauty  ( ;) pun intended) and just more bicycle motocross in my book

:) DINGO :)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2009, 09:49 PM »

right there.

Joe I`m sorry but this is one area of bmx you know nothing about, racing is a totally different disipline to street, park or vert, I`ve found that out over the last 18 months or so since I started racing, that frame and fork look no better or worse than most of the top end race combo`s  :yahoo_silent:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

darkersomeday

« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2009, 10:23 PM »

"cashing in on BMX"

there we go,

pwned ;)

i'll agree billy,

i dont race as i'm not a battyman ;)

you've got to admit though,

its a fooking ugly frame ;) :LolLolLolLol:

developement my arse.
(thats a full stop)

btw i'll tell "mappy" or whatever his name is that his bike looks shit,

and if he disagree's i might just fook him right where he breathes.

gobshite i may be but if you met me you'd see why i can be.

lip balm?

pufter.

darkersomeday

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2009, 10:24 PM »
anyways, we digress,

just my opinion,

even if i do know more about bmx than any of you ;)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2009, 10:27 PM »
As a pitch to become a moderator this aint ya best Joe  :2funny:

darkersomeday

« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2009, 10:31 PM »

i cant help it bill, it just comes out :LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2009, 10:41 PM »

i cant help it bill, it just comes out :LolLolLolLol:

There`s been some crackers tonight Joe, I laughed then felt guilty because it was out of order  :2funny:

keep it lit!

« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2009, 10:43 PM »

pure tihs on ere  :D

:crazy2:

Moschops

« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2009, 10:45 PM »
Frames are for sale approx £650.00 :shocked:

Moschops

« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2009, 10:54 PM »
Frames are for sale approx £650.00 :shocked:

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

LOL wouldn't have been quicker to type PMSL

wouldn't have the same effect though would it. ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  pure bmx

gfxgfx
gfx gfx