gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975602 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 11, 2024, 11:51 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  rear brake recommendations - odyssey evo2 or eclat unit or .....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: rear brake recommendations - odyssey evo2 or eclat unit or .....  (Read 1760 times)

chi11i

as in the title - would like a new stopper that actually stops me rather than the tectro that came on the complete.

i like the look of the eclat unit u, and have heard good stuff about the odyssey evo 2. dont want to spend any more than 35-40 so the fly ones are out.

ta, C

oldschool rider

I run a Demolition Vulcan on the back and think it's great, the Eclat is also a good brake but even a tecktro when properly adjusted can work well it's all in the adjustment.

Steve.

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
FLy Bikes brake mate, you cant go wrong! Stodgy will have one for you!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
did you get the PM chilli ?

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
EVO2 is a great brake when set up right...also consider the Demolition, Superstar, Fly, Proper or Revenge if you're feeling flush!

chi11i

cheers guys. still not sure what to go for, will sleep on it ;)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
As steve said - it is possible to get that Tektro working well, it just needs to be set up correctly.

First stage would be to either sand the brake blocks and then reinstall them. Or go for some clear pads - you'll be surprised the difference they make.

Oh, and then follow this:

/>
Top stuff.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
A great brake those - and at £19.95 it's cheaper than we can buy them. That's the chainstay version.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
but i run one on my seat stays with no problems  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  rear brake recommendations - odyssey evo2 or eclat unit or .....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx