gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975594 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 05, 2024, 10:02 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  1984 Haro Sport
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1984 Haro Sport  (Read 8558 times)

SteveD

1984 Haro Sport
« on: June 04, 2009, 03:11 PM »
Hi Everyone

Just registered as I have a White 1984 Haro Sport that i bought as NOS about 6 or 7 years ago.  I have a couple of parts left over and wondered if they are worth selling ?

I have the original haro seat and seat post - as i am rocking a Uni pro seat and I also have the rear DC MX 900 brake capilper + tech III lever + DC brake blocks and the blue rear brake cable - as I upgraded to a pair of DC MX 1000 tech IV.  I also have the reflector set - as i never put it on.  The brake and seat were once mounted on the bike and may have been used for a couple of miniutes when i first got it - but have spent the last half a dozen years in the wardrobe in a plastic bag along with the reflector set i never mounted

I could stick this stuff on ebay but thought i would ask - is anyone here interested in any of this stuff?   I dont think i will ever use it as i ride the bike not just look at it and much prefer having 2 brakes, a uni seat and no reflectors - whereas i know some of you may be into factory correct rebuilds.

If you want to see a pic of the seat and seat post its in the bmxmuseum http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/haro/27273

Would also like to ask - is it possible to get the sticker sets for this bike? as although it was NOS half a dozen years ago some of the stickers have seen better days

Thanks

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: 1984 Haro Sport
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 03:18 PM »
Welcome to the site, posting a few pics here using photobucket always goes down a treat.

The parts will definitely sell here but you do need to be a Site Supporter to sell on the site, see the For Sale section for more details as there is a sticky in there to tell how.  Decals are available through a number of retailers and I'm sure a post in the Wanted section will yield results  :daumenhoch: .

Have a look around and enjoy, there are some great members here and many, many Haro fans so you will be in good company  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

SteveD

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 03:32 PM »
Thanks for such a prompt reply.  Makes sense re the photos - would need to get some good pics of just the parts if i do sell em,  n thanks again for letting me know about being a site supporter, appreciate sites are not cheap to run

Will have a look around, n hello to all other haro lovers on here!

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 03:59 PM »
Welcome on board !! You'll enjoy the trip  :daumenhoch:

If you have no use by any chance of the original tyres... LMK, I' m building a Sport at the mo' and they are the last bits missing... :tickedoff:

SteveD

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 06:57 PM »
Sorry but i ride em, its only the bits i am not using that i mentioned above that may become available for sale. Its a shame you are in France as I could possibly be convinced to swap em for some Comp IIIs or even better some Comp ST's ;)

danielson

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 09:50 PM »
hi steve its dan.
keep hold of them tyres..
have a look here, they have got comp st's and i think comp 3's.
a bit pricey but worth a look..........

www.vert-ego.com

SteveD

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 09:54 PM »
hey dan, cheers mate but have already swapped em ... now rocking some Comp IIIs - hmmm the STs would be nice but the IIIs will be longer lasting and still look good on my tuffs.

SteveD

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 07:28 PM »
Here is a pic taken in yesterdays sunshine, with the Comp IIIs on - I now have some new parts to fit so thought it was best to take and post a pic before it never looks like this again

[img width= height=]http://www.myveryown.com/harosport.jpg[/img]

magna13

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 09:55 PM »
 :4_17_5:

SteveD

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 05:43 PM »
Added some new parts so here is another pic and the full spec list as the bike stand today.  I still have a NOS Tioga Beartrap 4SL headset in blue to fit.

[img width= height=]http://www.myveryown.com/haroup.jpg[/img]

Stock / Original Parts
Frame and Forks: 1984 Haro Sport (3rd Gen), White, Original Paint + Decals.
Stem: Anlun, Silver with Black Cap.
Wheels: White Skyway Tuff IIs (Alloy Hub Rear).
Chainring: Anlun Chainring, Annodized Black.
Seatpost Clamp: Dia Compe Hinged, Black.
Headset: Tange.

Modifications
Seat & Post: Uni Hamerhead Pro 14, Black. NOS!
Brakes: Dia Compe MX1000 Front and Rear with Tech IV Levers + Self Centering, Black, NOS!
Brake Blocks: Skyway Tuff Pads, White. NOS!
Grips: Ame Rounds, Black (Show Ponied).
Cranks: 3pc Sugino CT 175 (Show Ponied).
Tyres: Comp IIIs, Tioga Rainbow Label  (Show Ponied).
Bottom Bracket: Tioga, Sealed (Show Ponied).
Bars: Haro Freestyle 1985 (Powdered White thanks to SuperBikeDan).
Pedals: KHE Stimulatorz with sealed bearings and CroMo Axels, Black (w/Gold logos removed. thanks ADouble Chevron).
Pegs: Diamond Back, Black n Silver circa '02

* Mods Yet to Fit
Hetset: Tioga Beartrap 4SL, Blue. NOS!

Offline Muffski

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 05:52 PM »
Nice Bike  :4_17_5:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 06:51 PM »
if you want stickers then pm 'del'.he will knock you up a set of exact replicas :daumenhoch:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 07:02 PM »
love a sport me,, v nice :4_17_5:, said it before and will keep saying it should o kept mine 2nd gen torker build  tapered seat ,chain stays i think? got from us , sold it ,might still be in the uk somewhere  :'(     sometimes you sit on a bike straight out the  box i think yeah like this, for me its a sport  :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 07:11 PM »
Steve that's lovely mate  :4_17_5:

But if you ever want to part with the Anlun powerdisc and Black Chainring let me know  :daumenhoch:

Matt  :)

SteveD

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 07:25 PM »
Thanks for the comments  :).  Yeah I am going to have to hit Del up for the bar graphics ad they are missing and think they would look good in the 84 colours even tho haro never made em like that.  I do have some parts for sale and will sort them out v soon n post up a thread, if the power disc is in the list then Swivel you have first refusal, but I can tell you now i am using the black chainring so that wont be.  I also think it would look cool with some black Z's, or white Z's with black hubs/spokes, or even new school graphites, does it ever end ...

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 07:27 PM »
Thanks for the comments  :).  Yeah I am going to have to hit Del up for the bar graphics ad they are missing and think they would look good in the 84 colours even tho haro never made em like that.  I do have some parts for sale and will sort them out v soon n post up a thread, if the power disc is in the list then Swivel you have first refusal, but I can tell you now i am using the black chainring so that wont be.  I also think it would look cool with some black Z's, or white Z's with black hubs/spokes, or even new school graphites, does it ever end ...

Steve hi, thanks for the 1st refusal on the powerdisc ;) No mate, it'll never end! Collecting will over take you and it'll consume you... enjoy the ride :D

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 09:12 AM »
Cracking bike Steve !  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  1984 Haro Sport

gfxgfx
gfx gfx