gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 12:06 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  places for a novice to race in the south east?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: places for a novice to race in the south east?  (Read 1047 times)

medved

places for a novice to race in the south east?
« on: August 30, 2009, 10:18 PM »
hi i'm new to all this. i've been down to Brixton bmx track which is fairly easy to get to from where i'm based (Bromley),

i'm looking for tracks locally that do less serious racing at a club level that i can just turn up, ride and make some friends.

any ideas?

dialledbikes

Re: places for a novice to race in the south east?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 10:39 PM »
If Brixton is your local club, then that's a great place to start as they're all really friendly and have riders of all levels who can help you get started.

If it's the size of the track that intimidates you, then Peckham is an alternative.  Check it out every Saturday morning from 1000 at Bird in Bush Rd, Peckham.

BADBMX (Dagenham) is also a great club to check out.

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 11:05 PM »
BADBMX are having a funday on the 12th Sept. :daumenhoch:

bmx-796

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 07:57 PM »
funday we will be there
 my foot is getting better so i can race again

jazzyje

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 10:18 AM »
   bring your boy down to hersden in canterbury mate.got a race on the 13th september.put hersden bmx into google and you'll find us.or go to our website  www.hersdenbmx.co.uk.

Flying_fox

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 11:01 AM »
There is a regional this Sunday at Hearne Bay. There will be novice classes there, not just expert, and you can guarantee that some of the kids in novice will be doing there first race. It costs £5 to race novice + £3 parking, with the added bonus that you will get to see some of the best riders in the country going for it.

I would highly recommend going to watch even if you didn't fancy racing, as you'll get chance to meet some of the Peckham, Brixton and Dagenham parents and riders. Plus the racing in the older classes will be insane. :daumenhoch:

moomin

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 03:48 PM »
BAD BMX (Barking and Dagenham Club) are running a mini bus to the Herne Bay Regional this Sunday

See link below

[url]http://www.badbmx.com/forum/Blah/Blah.pl'm-1251808547//url]

medved

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 04:52 PM »
i'll have to see if i can get along to herne bay this sunday.   got meself a race bike courtesy of Gary72 and want to give it a whirl !

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  places for a novice to race in the south east?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx