gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975549 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 09, 2024, 03:52 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Old School Race Series in the South
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old School Race Series in the South  (Read 5679 times)

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Old School Race Series in the South
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 07:47 AM »
Me & Faze 7 Dave raced a round of last year's Southern Winter Series, and really enjoyed it. We're not seroius racers and don't want to get all of the British Cycling stuff, which is why we didn't race any summer series events.

Just turn up, pay and race suits us - so we'll be back for some more winter races (the rounds in and near London).

We'd have done a few races in the summer if they had been like that - we're just in it for fun. I got the feeling most of the guys at MK09 were the same when we raced there, and if you can get that into the Southern series racing, you must get more interest ?

moomin

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 08:57 AM »
Right, we just spoke to TK and there is only 1 round planned in the Winter on 10th October  :(

Tone was just saying if we follow the South series once the dates are announced and run with their min number of rounds to qualify for a ranking/plate etc and then put Hersden as a double points round to bump up attendance there  :daumenhoch:

Also, is there anything actually stopping the old school turning up at a track not being used on that day, no gate, just 1 footed, riders ready, pedals ready, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and using that as an additional round  :daumenhoch:

Sooooooooooo, if the south is 5 from 8, double points round at Hersden and a true o/s round at a track tba and use your best 7 from 9 to count  :daumenhoch:

big kev 40

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 11:39 AM »
mrs ratty you forgot   the main man mr magoo on your list    more carnage for hersden thought that finished this year  :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1: :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2009, 11:19 PM »
And of course the UK No.3!!!!  Who can forget him.....

dialledbikes

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2009, 10:53 AM »
I would love to see the OS racing revived in the South.  Not cos I want to race it (my OS racing is probably limited to once a year at the Brits from now on), but cos I love seeing the older bikes being ridden instead of just polished and all of the riders are real characters and fun to talk to at the races.

As for the demise of the South region I think the main factors were Ratty and 796 falling out and Sam/Dan Wonfor moving back to EA and then moving up North (or wherever it is he's gone).  For me, those 3 were the ones who got it started in the first place, so when they went different ways, the OS series also fragmented.

People who change their minds about what they want to race more often than they change their pants (e.g. Zippy & others  ;) :LolLolLolLol: ) also contributed to numbers falling.

I also still think that OS should be that first step to getting back into BMX and once the good guys outgrow the class they should step up to new school not only for their own progression but so as not to discourage other comeback kings from trying old school.  If I turned up after taking 20 years out of the sport and saw the likes of JT Smooth and Glen flying around the track I'd probably leave the bike in the car and just watch.

spillers#1

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2009, 07:08 PM »
And of course the UK No.3!!!!  Who can forget him.....
Did someone call my name  :LolLolLolLol:

big kev 40

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2009, 08:02 PM »
lee allen my hero :4_17_5:

medved

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2009, 08:40 PM »
i want to join in !

i aim try and get down to Andover this weekend for the southern champs, and should i have a bike ready by then, will want to go elbow to elbow with some of you!

then hopefully once i have a bike that is race worthy i'll be there to make up the back markers  ;D

spike371

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2009, 10:27 AM »
I'll try and make as many as possible, just to keep the numbers up  ;D

TonyDaButcher

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2009, 07:53 PM »
This might sound complicated, but how about formula racing for all 30+ riders in the South region?
I would suggest 3 formulas that you would initially choose to ride in whatever you fancied. eg

Formula 1. For the serious guys who like to be pushed to their limits.

Formula 3. A good entry level for newcomers, old schoolers, and mainly just for fun and keeping fit.

Formula 2. This would be a stepping stone, plus you would get promoted to, or relegated to.

Any legs in this idea?

spillers#1

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2009, 08:51 PM »
worth a go tony but it boils down to how many people will turn up and race old skool  :daumenhoch:
i would love the old skool to get a decent turn out on a regular basis like it was a in previos years

hooga1975

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 08:32 AM »
Ill give Russ a bell, he maybe up for doing a few old school races

moley

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2009, 09:28 AM »
Make sure Glen films the action!!

OS tends to have more Berm action and crashes than the other classes!!  :daumenhoch:

bmxboy70

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2009, 06:24 PM »
When you say south? where do you mean?

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2009, 08:21 PM »
When you say south? where do you mean?
Dagenham, Peckham, Andover, Bournmouth, Brixton, Hersden, Hayes, Herne Bay, Bex hill.... Cant think of any more Im afraid :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

bmxboy70

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2009, 08:29 PM »
Shame way to south for me!!!!!!!

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2009, 01:29 PM »
i'm up for it, might even make me give up smoking, when/where is the next race?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 02:01 PM by 58delray »

moomin

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2009, 02:24 PM »
Some of us will be at Dagenham this Sunday, nice fun race and easier to break into, th week after is the 1st Winter Regional (at Gosport i think) and i know we're planning a road trip down there and will be trying to car pool if we can.  PM either me or Ratty for info  :daumenhoch:

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2009, 02:50 PM »
yes, at dagenham

spillers#1

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2009, 03:08 PM »
Get ya arse to daggers this sunday andy it'll be good to see you  :daumenhoch: its just a club meet but we have some really good racing there in cruisers  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2009, 03:41 PM »
I will be at Daggers on Sunday (on my cruiser, not old school though).  Missed my weekly ride this week as I was busy unloading, stickering up then boxing up a shit load of Dialled Bikes mountain bike frames that went out today, so I'm gagging for a ride/race next weekend.

Also looking forward to the next PORC round Lee.  Need to get a front brake and some new tyres though for my 4X bike though as it will be even more slippery in 2 weeks time and I don't want to end up in that lake at the bottom!

thecrooch

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2009, 04:33 PM »
I will be at Daggers on Sunday (on my cruiser, not old school though).  Missed my weekly ride this week as I was busy unloading, stickering up then boxing up a shit load of Dialled Bikes mountain bike frames that went out today, so I'm gagging for a ride/race next weekend.

Also looking forward to the next PORC round Lee.  Need to get a front brake and some new tyres though for my 4X bike though as it will be even more slippery in 2 weeks time and I don't want to end up in that lake at the bottom!

wouldnt mind throwing my new beasty down a 4X track soon - wont be about for a couple of weeks but defo up for bumping elbows daaaan hill.

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2009, 05:36 PM »
Get ya arse to daggers this sunday andy it'll be good to see you  :daumenhoch: its just a club meet but we have some really good racing there in cruisers  :daumenhoch:
can't make this sunday lee  :'(  as my girls have a swimming competition but will try to get there at the end of the month, won't be on a cruiser though, be either a 90 or 99 GT,
andy

mr.magoo

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2009, 05:27 PM »
cheers Kev, thought you'd all forgotten me, just cos i'd forrgotten my password, which i remembered after re-registering :idiot2:, must be too many knocks to the head...

yeah i'm in, but dunno how much comittment i can give it, as life alot different to last year, but prefer my old skool to those poofy 24" unresponsive thingy's, that are fast but a bit boring to ride. :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2009, 08:07 PM »
I'd have thought the changes you made in the past year would have made racing easier next year. ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Old School Race Series in the South

gfxgfx
gfx gfx