gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 12:52 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Old school at South Champs Andover
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old school at South Champs Andover  (Read 1827 times)

AL

Old school at South Champs Andover
« on: September 24, 2009, 07:19 PM »

Old School Class now added at South Champs  4th Oct ..   We were  not sure that enough Old schoolers would be up for it ?             

South Region BMX presents our end of season Finale, The Southern Champs, at Andover BMX Club on Sunday 4th October

Event details as follows .....

9.30am - 11.00am ... Registration in The Depot
10.00am - 12 noon ... Gate practise in age groups
12.30pm - 4.30pm ... Southern Champs racing
5.00pm - 6.00pm ... Presentation of South Champs Trophies and Summer Series Trophies
(all times subject to change)

Age groups on the day -
Male ... 6 and under mixed,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,Masters and Payback(inc 19+, Jnr and Elite)

Female ... 6 and under mixed, 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, Jnr Women, 25+Ladies

Cruiser ... 15 and Under, 16-29, 30-39, 40+

minimum of 4 riders to constitute a class - smaller age groups may be merged but will be split for trophies/plate

Trophies for top 3 - Medals for 4-8

No Novice classes - all welcome in expert classes

£10 entry fee for all classes

All riders welcome

Same rule as last year applies - Trophies can be won by any competitor on the day - S1 Plate goes to top South Region rider

Special raffle including prizes from Thruxton Motorsport

http://www.thruxtonracing.co.uk/experie ... enger.html

Ever wondered what it would be like to experience a cars full potential at the hands of a professional racing driver - now you can on the fastest circuit in the UK. Hold tight as the high revving Mazda RX-8 PZ screams round the circuit on the limit of adhesion. Next up is the new Porsche Cayman, this fantastic mid-engined sports car is at home on the track and really excels. Then full speed in the Ferrari 355, all 380bhp unleashed round the 2.4-mile circuit.
Other prizes from Thruxton will a be Go-Kart session and tickets for Superbike and Touring Car events

Food available trackside all day

Groove Racing Shop trackside

Toilets trackside or in The Depot

South Champs Trophy Presentation will take place in The Depot straight after racing where the Summer Series trophies for the South Region will also be presented

Address for Andover BMX Club
Charlton Sports Centre, West Portway, Andover SP10 3LS

spillers#1

Re: Old school at South Champs Andover
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 05:25 PM »
if anyone's interested i will have a nice selection of brand new vans up for grabs at andover new and old skool all never worn  :daumenhoch:

Prob have about 20 pairs in all styles.£20 squids a pair.

AL

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 11:00 PM »
we will be having  a proper trade area you know ..  It aint no car boot sale  :LolLolLolLol:

wolfybmx

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 11:48 AM »
very poor show on turn out from old school. think its now had its day in the south region

moomin

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 12:13 PM »
Unfortunately being right on top of moving and having a particularly picky ex landlord we couldn't get down to Andover and gutted we missed what looked like a great day.

It's been a poor show in the Old School this season mainly due to no one repping it up on the forums, however there are discussions afoot to re kindle the class. And i'm sure 2010 will see a revivle in numbers in the class.  It would be a real shame if after 1 bad season the class was axed as in the 1st year they brought a lot of support and revenue to the region which has helped increase overall numbers and fed additional new riders into the older and younger classes. :(
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:38 PM by Mrs Ratty »

dialledbikes

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 12:21 PM »
But on the upside, 40+ should have semi-finals at every regional next season:

Regulars:

Me, Moore, Slater, Ranscombe, French, Preece, Searle, Coakley, Allen, David, Broughton, Schaale, Brown, Carlin

Upstarts:

Godden, Esson, Flint, Daddy Whyte, Magoo

Occasional Racers:

Pullen, Harrison, Seaman, Gill, Glendower, Vickers, McKay, Harvey, Binks

Out of Towners:

Ancell, Williams

45+ class

Beer, Gray, Stupple, Riviere

Have I missed anyone out?

wolfybmx

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 12:24 PM »
yep kieth wilson in 45+. 45+ will be the new 40+ of a couple season ago, no rest for the wicked eh  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 02:01 PM »
I think Keith has other plans for next season, Phil.

He'll be doing 45+ at nationals though.

AL

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 02:42 PM »
[It's been a poor show in the Old School this season mainly due to no one repping it up on the forums, however there are discussions afoot to re kindle the class. And i'm sure 2010 will see a revivle in numbers in the class.  It would be a real shame if after 1 bad season the class was axed as in the 1st year they brought a lot of support and revenue to the region which has helped increase overall numbers and fed additional new riders into the older and younger classes. :(
[/quote]

Nice to see a little  turn out of Old schoolers yesterday at Andover..     But If you remember In that South Regional meeting a couple of years Ago Ratty , it was said that if Old school want to be taken as a serious  class.  Then the riders need to have a BC Licence !!!! 
99% of the queries From Andover South Champs were from Old schoolers wantiing  to ride a premier  event but not being in a club  having a BC licence, then not knowing race number to use etc.. ::)

I still  want to see an old school class...  , but  if a  6 year old novice can get his Licence etc sorted for example ..   Then the Old schoolers  Should do so aswell ..

rather than delaying   registration  etc etc ...

moomin

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 03:01 PM »
I think that you will find that the request re licences were because they were riders who had only recently started racing and had started at Hersdens series where there is no license requirement, whilst i appreciate people need to sort licences out and they have for Regionals etc these were relativly new riders and asked on the basis that they would have to shell out for a license for 1 race only....................................  You'll also see that when the question was asked i was unsure but was prepared to renew Tone's BCF membership should it be required.

As for 99% of the queries ??? I think Kev Riviere and medaved asked as they are newbies but all the others who said they were racing do cruiser as well so already hold silver membership.......

It's a shame that the class was not well supported by the riders that pushed for it but thats the way the cookie crumbles, Tony, Kei, Kev etc will all no doubt be doing their best to boost the class over the next few months as there have been a number of new peeps showing interest  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Old school at South Champs Andover

gfxgfx
gfx gfx