gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 06, 2024, 12:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  UKBikeCo products...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: UKBikeCo products...  (Read 5323 times)

JT71

Re: UKBikeCo products...
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2009, 10:56 AM »
i will never ever entertain an s&m product on my bicycle, i am from standard country!!

Chris, mellow out. That was all nearly 20 years ago. Everyone is friends now  :smitten:

I can see a challenge. Which nice small S&M part can I fit to your bike when I see you next, without you seeing  >:D

not sure him not seeing would work, he'd smell the S&M!

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2009, 02:17 PM »
I've said plenty in the other thread. But just bear this in mind.

-UKBikeCo. hyped there untested, super light super strong frames as their main product. The frames were known to have problems but they put them on the market anyway.
-They sold a lot of frames based on the hype corroborated by magazines and internet blogs, and they failed.
-UKBikeCo. could not honour the warranty claims and went bust in under a year.

The frame was there main product, it failed, serious riders don't really consider (at least in my experience and I certainly don't) forks and bars from unknown companies, so how many bars and forks did they actually sell, especially once word got out about their frames?

If the forks are the same as Eastern's, so what? Eastern is not renowned for making decent products. Remember the Grim Reaper frame debacle?

£60 is not cheap for forks particularly if they are from a company who went bust for making shoddy products. I bought Odyssey Race forks with a lifetime warranty New on sale from The Source for £30 a year or so ago.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 05:44 PM by Dr.Robotnik »

lodge

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2009, 08:18 PM »

Can of worms opened, fire away....

G :daumenhoch:

[/quote]

Were you drunk when you bought yours Gaz  :2funny:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2009, 01:23 AM »

Can of worms opened, fire away....

G :daumenhoch:

Were you drunk when you bought yours Gaz  :2funny:
[/quote]

I was hoping to provoke some interesting discussion, but I think I'll just delete the post to be honest.... Looks like no-one wants to play!

G

Voodoocars

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2009, 07:23 AM »
My mate has an uknown f+f. He doesnt do particulary major stuff on it but he does land heavy when jumping. We are all waiting for the frame to break. He is also the only one that rides one at creation now as all the others have either broken or just binned..  On a plus note - his bike weighs next to nothing with 2 brakes and pegs on...

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2009, 10:02 AM »
i will never ever entertain an s&m product on my bicycle, i am from standard country!!

Chris, mellow out. That was all nearly 20 years ago. Everyone is friends now  :smitten:

not on my watch! The war lives on >:D

The only problem I came across with the forks were the main tightening bolt at the top snapping as it was made of cheese. Other than that the forks seemed pretty strong.
Went in the loft the other day and found my prototype frame the team were given. Man that had the ugliest dropouts!

JT71

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2009, 07:16 AM »
The war is over Phil. It's 2009 surely sbc and s&m are two peas in the same pod? When you look at their history and products they've quite a lot in common, including loyal fans of the brands. Unknown had an awful lot of loyal fans too for about a week.

christhejob

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2009, 06:57 PM »

I can see a challenge. Which nice small S&M part can I fit to your bike when I see you next, without you seeing  >:D
is there a tongue in cheek icon?  :P   

SaMAlex

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2009, 08:25 AM »

Coming from someone who over the last few years has had an LTF (and matching S&M hoody), a Coyote and Posibly a UKbikes (?).

Chris, have you been ridin the same brand bike for the last 15+ years?  ... Yeah, me to. Good on ya  :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2009, 10:16 AM »

Coming from someone who over the last few years has had an LTF (and matching S&M hoody), a Coyote and Posibly a UKbikes (?).

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

christhejob

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2009, 08:20 PM »

Chris, have you been ridin the same brand bike for the last 15+ years?  ... Yeah, me to. Good on ya  :daumenhoch:

sbc since may 94!!  (although i had a sunday for a bit, but my standard was still there..  please forgive me, i was experimenting, we were on a break Rachel!)
HOWEVER.. i just got a WTP avenue today  (hence selling all that old shit recently) It Is AWESOME!!

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2009, 08:22 PM »
wtp  chris    :shocked:

christhejob

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2009, 08:26 PM »
one of them there 24" with a taller botty Dan, compared to the nyquist tank cruiser i had it's so nice..  rides like a blast!

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2009, 08:26 PM »
24" of man iron  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2009, 08:28 PM »
i will let you off this one then   ;)   

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2009, 10:36 PM »
Well the ltf lasted all of about 3 rides! The other two were merely opportunities for me to do something in the sport that I love and help develop something. How wrong was I?! If you really want to kick me down like you often do, you could have just said you've used a redneck predominently for the last 13 years.

But I have seen the error of my ways

I need to go cry now. I'm sensative tonight

telelogic

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2009, 10:46 PM »
I've got the buddabing bars and two sets of the UK bike co rad fbr forks.

I'm sure the kinds of things I'm doing on my bike I'll never stress them enough to trouble them. and I'd think that would be the case for most riders.

If however, I grow a pair of balls, have a fear bypass, and start throwing down some scary sh!t. I'll be sure to report any damage. (to me, or the parts)

JT71

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2009, 10:23 AM »
you could have just said I've been a redneck predominently for the last 13 years.

:daumenhoch:

when we riding again Phil? I wanna play out with you soon....so you can make me squeal.

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2009, 01:26 PM »
Soon. Just trying to stay lokey at the mo, don't want to be seen to be doing any self promotion.

JT71

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2009, 01:52 PM »
Soon. Just trying to stay lokey at the mo, don't want to be seen to be doing any self promotion.

okey dokey Mr.

but I want to get on that wall ride some more.....and try the BC one!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2009, 07:11 PM »

For fcuks sake Sally - relax....

Alex's remark only stings because it's true, but so what?  Back in the stoneage I went to ride for Ammaco.....

Nowt to get your knickers in a twist over, we all still love ya   ;)

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2009, 10:36 PM »
I'm fine over that bobbo, I have my reasons for taking that sponsorship. Everythings groovy! Just got some personal issues to work through, so been riding by myself lately to help me think and take stock of some stuff. Hence the low profile of late.

Nice that some are documenting my career though! Cheers alex

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2009, 10:41 PM »

i still luv my funny little friend

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2009, 10:47 PM »

i still luv my funny little friend

and me, i think philberts the bollox :) one shredder on his bike :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2009, 10:54 PM »

quick dan adopt him

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  UKBikeCo products...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx