gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975588 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 01, 2024, 05:51 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  The OSS in 2010, ideas, votes and riders list
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The OSS in 2010, ideas, votes and riders list  (Read 2811 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
The OSS in 2010, ideas, votes and riders list
« on: October 29, 2009, 06:22 PM »
Right guys, and girls, The South region have given us the green light to race next summer season. And have reduced the fees to just £5 for old school.
I think we should make every effort to attend as many races as we can.
Lets see your names on this thread to see what sort of support we can expect.

Please also stick your votes in so we can see how the series will be run.

Thanks Tony and Nik

Lets bring back Old school, and show the young uns how it shouldn't be done >:D :2funny:

Riders confirmed so far
Steve Gilley
Kev Riviere
Tony Waye
Nikki Webb
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 06:50 PM by RATTY »
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: The OSS in 2010, ideas, votes and riders list
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 07:46 PM »
There are several issues with race fees in that someone has to take responsibility for them and we're paying for something we don't really need.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 07:52 PM »
There are several issues with race fees in that someone has to take responsibility for them and we're paying for something we don't really need.
Please explain what you mean Si?

Personally if you mean an extra fee on top of entrance fees I would rather we did away with them!!
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 08:00 PM »
Please explain what you mean Si?

Personally if you mean an extra fee on top of entrance fees I would rather we did away with them!!

That's what I meant. sorry wasn't very clear on that one. I don't think anyone wants the hassle of collecting a series fee from all participants as it normally turns out as a nightmare for those involved.

Ideally we need the series to run itself without anyone having to run it. The less personal intervention there is the better it will be.

TonyDaButcher

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 11:25 PM »
Ideally we need the series to run itself
I'll bet you do! ;D

Race Director   Ensures all roles are covered and that meeting starts and stays on time   Club Chairman or Secretary   
Commentator   Provides race commentary during meeting   By invitation   
Registration - computer   Inputs rider data and arranges races.  Also inputs results during meeting   By invitation - For larger events can be useful to have an assistant during rider registration to help read registration forms   
Registration – fees collection   Takes fees from entrants, ensures completion of forms correct and passes them forward for input   Club member   
Registration - queries   Deals with queries regarding race age, fees, race classes, etc.   Club member   
Chief Referee   Ensures compliance with BC rules of racing.  Resolves any disputes.   BC trained   
Marshal - one   Assists Chief Referee   Club member/volunteer   
Marshal - two   Assists Chief Referee   Club member/volunteer   
Nb: Two are usually enough but some tracks may need more         
Starter   Controls gate and releases it when satisfied entrants are ready. Releases it when the Referee is ready – the riders should be ready as soon as they get to the gate. The Starter is also the referee of a good start, so should know all start regulations – it is more than a button pushing job!   Club member/volunteer   
Call-up   Ensures riders are available for next race and in correct gate position   Club member/volunteer   
Race-Pens Supervisor   Keeps control of riders in pens awaiting races   Club member/volunteer   
Senior Finish Line   Collates race results and decides which results are submitted to Registration   BC trained   
Finish Line - one   Records results and passes to Senior Finish Line   Club member/volunteer   
Finish Line - two   Records results and passes to Senior Finish Line   Club member/volunteer   
Finish Line – three  Nb:  Larger events may need 3 or 5 writers    Records results and passes to Senior Finish Line   Club member/volunteer   

Finish Line runner   Relays results to Registration   Not always required if using BEM as computer operator can collect results every 9 races – saves a person and gives them a break! Really depends on track layout   
Car Parking/Programme Seller   Collects parking/programme fees   Club member/volunteer   
For additional consideration:         
Riders Briefing   To advise riders of rules and any specifics to the event, eg. payback classes   BC trained   
Runner-  to supply trackside personnel with refreshments, eg. on hot days   To provide trackside personnel with drinks/refreshments if time does not permit regular breaks   Club member/volunteer   
Deputies for all the above   Rotation of some personnel to allow comfort breaks    Club member/volunteer   
Trophy Presentation at end of meeting   End of meeting presentation of trophies to Novices   Club Chairman or Secretary   

moomin

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 07:02 AM »
I dont think Simon quite meant it that way Tony, perhaps using the word race to run itself was the wrong choice, when he meant the series as in the points collation, prizes, fees etc.

My idea for what it's worth,

Dependent on the number of rounds at Hersden and in the South Summer series run across them, the south is usually 5 from 8 or 9 and Hersden 4 from 6 or 5 from 7, run the series so that you need to cover the minimums in each series and drop the other scores.

I know Ian will always help with scoring but we will need to formulate a scoring system as Hersden points run differently to the South region and it will need to be standardised.

Also bare in mind that for the South region you may come out top on the points but as it's a "movice" class there wont be any end of season trophies or plates as we are only paying Novice entry.

The only physical reward if you run the series without fees will be the Hersden trophies and plates, i dont want to go down the route of fees but maybe worth looking at Sponsorship to cover a plate for 1st overall and a trophy for top 3?

Re Brits Charity Event/ Running it at Rad Bash

I love riding at the Brits, there's no doubt that it's a great race to attend and be a part of.  But please bare in mind that although this is being offered as a charity event we are still very much beholden to BCF for this and there is always a possibility that the invitation could be withdrawn.  Also bare in mind that as it will be a charity event again no plates and trophies, but all riders will need to comply with BCF regarding side plates and these will not be provided by the Regions as O/S is not an official class, will we need to pay some sort of membership to cover liability etc etc.

My preference in all honesty is to run the race at MK, Bill, Matt and I are trying to make sure we have BEM software for Rad from now on, there is always a very high turnout (i think we had 38 last year), more racers, tougher qualification, no restrictions on gear, plates etc.  Plus you will be able to get plate/trophy at the end.  It could work as well if the North, South, Scots use MK as the culmination of their series, if MK were to be moved back to August then it could be run as a double points round to end the series with presentations afterwards.

Just my tuppence worth :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 09:37 AM »
If you wish to standardise the OS Scoring system then this is what the North and Scotland use!!

http://www.ossbmxracing.co.uk/North%20Region%20Scoring%20System.htm

If you want to use this system then all I would need is finishing positions and I'll work it all out!!   :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 09:55 AM »
Ill be up for doing a few rounds..... Ive been in touch with Hooga who wants to come back but is feeling unfit etc maybe a few more PM's will give him the gee up he needs to get back on a bike....

hooga1975

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 11:25 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol: ill be back! :daumenhoch:

medved

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 12:16 PM »
i'm in

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 05:50 PM »
I've spoken to Dave and he can do the T-shirts for £15 which are printed front and back.

I think as far as rounds dropped, I think we'll end up racing in about 13 or 14 rounds with Hersden and South regionals included. How about we have our best 8 finishes count towards the final championship scores. That way we can hopefully have a tighter series all the way through.

As far as the Brits/MK race is concerned we should be aware that RAD uses the gate fees to pay for the bash and I don't think it's fair to try and give that money to charity. If the Brits want us to do a charity race then if there's enough take up then we should do it seperately to any championship running. For the purposes of the South Old School Championship we should just have that as an independant race with no championship points earnt. Just for fun so to speak.

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 09:00 PM »
agree with zippy on that 1, don't ask me why but it just sounds right, i'll sleep on that one but MK sounds like more fun & more OUR old school event rather than an addition to the brits. Still all try & make the brits (take our well deserved stage) but for charity & exposure.

moley

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 09:34 AM »
agree with zippy on that 1, don't ask me why but it just sounds right, i'll sleep on that one but MK sounds like more fun & more OUR old school event rather than an addition to the brits. Still all try & make the brits (take our well deserved stage) but for charity & exposure.

Totally agree!!

MK is fine as it is!!

RADBMX is OS and MK is the 'the' OS event of the year.

I think it might help this year if MK10's date is annouced sooner (if thats possible).  MK09 had less riders than MK08 and maybe they had booked up thinking MK would be later in the holidays. 

As for the Brits, I have no trouble going again and supporting it.  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 01:55 AM »

Totally agree!!

MK is fine as it is!!

I think it might help this year if MK10's date is annouced sooner (if thats possible).  MK09 had less riders than MK08 and maybe they had booked up thinking MK would be later in the holidays. 

As for the Brits, I have no trouble going again and supporting it.  :daumenhoch:

yes i agree as well. lets keep it seperate.

AL

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 01:09 PM »

I think it might help this year if MK10's date is announced sooner (if thats possible).  MK09 had less riders than MK08 and maybe they had booked up thinking MK would be later in the holidays. 

Its possible  that the numbers are down as its clashed the last 2 years with  South and Midlands and EA regionals ??    I  would have loved to come along , on the piss and have a roll round on my Old  " decoster "..     But if you have a nipper chasing a Regional number 1 plate  it aint going to happen.
   Same thing with this years  Rad London ride ..     On of the best ride our for ages a couple  of years ago , with Mrs and Kids all riding, but again clashed with Brits  this year so a none starter for us  :(

Clubs have till 13th Nov to apply for a 2010 National, then after these published ...   Regionals fit in ..     

RAD  could do whats it s done for the last two years and say    "   F*** it    " and do its own thing as regards dates  on the  two major events  above ..    Or work work dates  in , so they dont t clash with regionals and Brits  and see and increase in riders  ::)

moley

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 01:59 PM »
MK08 clashed with a North Region Regional.

I think they changed it to miss the southern meets to even it up for the North Region.

Whichever date they have it, somebody somewhere will miss out!!

I'd rather go to MK than a regional.  :daumenhoch:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 06:46 PM »
Al there`s just too many races for MK Rad bash not to clash with a regional, we can`t clash with an EA regional overwise they might not let us use MK at all, we didn`t want to clash with a Southern regional because there are a fair few of us in the South, including me, who race in the South.

There have already been 2 Nationals anounced for August next year so thats not looking a good month for 2010 already, if we try not to clash with anything then we`ll end up not having a Rad bash at all  :-\
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 06:52 PM »
Have it OOOp North  :4_17_5:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 07:01 PM »

se

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 10:08 PM »
Serves me right for not getting my fat arse on here more often - have just this day ordered a new cruiser so I could have a go at that this year and now I'm thinking maybe stick to old school. Haven't got the legs to do both. Maybe need another vote, should the tw^t in the tight Haro pants a.) do cruiser b.) ride a proper old  bike or c.) fugg off and take up golf?

Ooh the dilemma.

thecrooch

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 04:04 AM »
golf???   Dont yhou bleedin dare....  you were super quick at MK - get your arse back on the patterson and back on a track soon please....

se

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 10:16 PM »
I feckin hate golf, worry not  ::)

sonic-1

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 01:06 PM »
well now im rid of the wife im hopin to come back next year  :LolLolLolLol: so i would like to book my last place now !!!!
hopin to start by doin hersden n see how it goes depends how much i get craped on re divorce  ;D

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2009, 01:42 PM »
Don't use that as an excuse there will be a small possie from our location travelling to races so there will always be a lift available.

Race fee's at Regionals are now just £5 so there's no excuse Russ me ole china

spike371

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2009, 03:18 PM »
be good to see you back Russ  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  The OSS in 2010, ideas, votes and riders list

gfxgfx
gfx gfx