gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975540 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 04, 2024, 02:04 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Recent Posts
gfx
gfxgfx

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
New School Racing / Re: 2024 Race Blog - Year 8 - It's Never Too Late!!
« Last post by Mikku on March 11, 2024, 11:19 AM »
Finally made it back to Kishiwada in Osaka yesterday for the first time in 5 years!! Five being the operative word because Kishiwada has a five-metre start hill followed by a big table top at the bottom, so it feels like a ski jump!! I have to be honest and say that I haven't got the balls to pedal all the way down the hill to the tabletop. It's launches you enough without that additional speed, so I'll leave that to those who are braver than me! ;D

There were 8 riders in my over 30s class so, with a full rack of riders, it was total points racing. I went 5th, 4th and 4th to finish in 4th overall, which I was happy with. It's the most difficult track I race at with some other features that I just can't seem to deal with well. That said, it's a thrilling track to ride with that start hill, so I'd like to give it another go, hopefully withing the next five years!!! :daumenhoch:
BMX Chat / Re: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
« Last post by Midschoolfool on March 09, 2024, 03:11 PM »
Better pic of that and what it is. Expensive, basically.

« Last post by Midschoolfool on March 09, 2024, 03:10 PM »
Right, time to address the PK. I reckon a month and I will have it out riding.

I changed the rear cog to a 16t, down from an 18. I threw the 18 out, figuring it was Chinese shit, worn and yeah.

I underestimated what my legs can do now  :LolLolLolLol:

I thought making the bike mega light would make it easy, it didn't. Getting it up to speed is fookin 'ard work and I am too old. In perfect weather conditions with no wind on perfectly flat ground? oh aye, I would fly. But that never happens.

I bought an 18t. Nice light one. Then realised it won't fit bah. It's for a 11t freehub body, mine is 7.

I decided to drop the chain ring. Mostly because it would be easier than taking the freehub apart, and I could remove links instead of adding them (easier).

I thought I had a 48t on there, but it turns out it's a 46.

So first I got this. Cost me a score.

130 BCD, 44t. Which will put the bike back to where it was before (fast AF). Then I found this for an additional tenner.

It's a 16, same as now, only vastly superior AND comes with the guard. Basically if my chain comes off the rear sprocket? I mangle a 30 year old, rare as fudge carbon wheel.

In for a penny work wise. I mean, I have to swap the BB out too for the Ti one so I may as well spend a day doing it right.
« Last post by Midschoolfool on March 08, 2024, 02:41 PM »
Bit annoying. Rear one was lovely, front one was filthy and covered in release powder. Thankfully I have dealt with this before, just needs a good strong degreaser.

Tech and Restoration / Re: EU Banning chrome plate
« Last post by Midschoolfool on March 06, 2024, 01:37 PM »
https://www.visordown.com/news/general/euro-chrome-ban-what-does-it-mean-bike-makers#:~:text=Starting%20in%202024%20the%20EU,the%20process%20from%202027%20onwards.

They are banning hexavalent plating yes. Apparently there is another way of doing it, but I doubt it will be as good. They already banned the old method years ago.
Tech and Restoration / EU Banning chrome plate
« Last post by RATTY on March 06, 2024, 06:19 AM »
I hopr I was dreaming, buy is the EU banning chrome plating?
Tech and Restoration / Re: Fit Mixtape V3 build and etc.
« Last post by Midschoolfool on March 05, 2024, 10:35 PM »
Me either mate, me either  :LolLolLolLol:

If it would just stop friggin raining. I need to shift one, but all it has done is rain.

Roll on summer. Because Spring has been crap  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last post by generallee on March 05, 2024, 10:16 PM »
Can't wait to see the finished bike!
Events / Re: 2024 rides I know of
« Last post by brettypeeps on March 05, 2024, 10:09 PM »
More added and Links updated  explosion
« Last post by Midschoolfool on March 04, 2024, 06:09 PM »
OK I know it ain't much but I got the chain done.

I've either been doing building work in the loft or it has been freezing cold.

That's the ballbag jobs done now tbh. Getting the cranks mounted was about as much fun as peeling my bellend with a rusty potato peeler and I HATE CHAINS.

So the next time I get it out and break out the wrenches it should be going outside within moments.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
gfxgfx
gfx gfx