gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975594 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 05, 2024, 07:51 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  DP RACING FIREBIRD FREESTYLER
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DP RACING FIREBIRD FREESTYLER  (Read 24600 times)

firebird

Re: DP RACING FIREBIRD FREESTYLER
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2008, 11:46 PM »
did anyone ever have a freestyler with the black and gold decals fitted? may have been the red ones from the time they went on sale.

COZZFATHER

« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2008, 06:15 PM »
thinking about decals i just noticed that on some of the firbird  freestylers the decals on the forks is on either way, one of mine that is 100% original has the firebird starting with the f at the top of the forks  :P

firebird

« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2008, 06:24 PM »
hows the dp cominmg on cozz? i think its just down to who was fitting them in the factory, some of the adverts i have you can see they are fitted both ways.

DINODOG

« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2008, 08:43 PM »
My pre frame number chrome dp back in the day had the gold and black decals with just firebird on,then i had a pre frame no white one and that had black and gold ones on too,but my mate had a early chrome one at the same time but that one had the red ones on?? all the frames were brand new at the time.so i have no idea on the change point.if you use bmx action bike as a guide you see that the dp adverts still have the early decals for many months evan though the red decals were fitted to the newew frames(if that makes any sense)

COZZFATHER

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2008, 03:36 PM »
hows the dp cominmg on cozz? i think its just down to who was fitting them in the factory, some of the adverts i have you can see they are fitted both ways.

Slowly mate :P  i am waiting for some pedals and a nos seat straight outta Texas USA that the seller can't find, my Firebird's gonna look Amazing though when it all comes together  :daumenhoch:

firebird

« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2008, 04:47 PM »
DINODOG did you and your mate buy the dp's from the same shop? theres no telling what the did or when they changed the decals, if you spoke to 2 different people from the factory now they would both tell you something different.
 :Great_Britain:

DINODOG

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2008, 07:07 PM »
Yes me and my mates frame sets came from the same bike shop in rugby,but my first one was chrome with early decals,and my mates was chrome with the red decals both bought within three weeks of each other in early 1984?.I snapped my chrome one later that year(by this stage all the dps around my way had the red decals) The frame was sent back to the factory(under warrenty) and it took around two months for a replacement,a white one(they said they couldn`t get any chrome ones???)with the early decals on??'this is how i have made mine look now white with the early decals??any help?

firebird

« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2008, 10:34 PM »
shame the forks are wrong  :-\

COZZFATHER

« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2008, 06:07 PM »
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 09:14 PM by COZZFATHER »

DINODOG

« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2008, 06:02 PM »
my dp

danny tomato

« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2008, 10:15 PM »
so who just paid £450 for the dp on ebay?   

are they really getting that sought after,  coz if thet are i'd better move
mine from the shed and into the house.

danny tomato

« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2008, 10:41 PM »
mine is a firebird freestyler, i'm sure i have posted a picture of it on here somewhere. i got
if off an old work mate for £30.  it had been in his back garden for 15 years and had to
cut it out of the bush.  he got it new from o.t cycles in dartford/kent.  it also has the ladder bars.

COZZFATHER

« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2008, 12:19 PM »
funny how theres been 4 on ebay in about a week :P

i think the gl is a real find though,where else can you find a nos firebird let alone a gl, and if it doesn't need a resto it means the original finish is still going to be there which is nice as i know the bloke who powdered it new.

i saw the gl and it stopped me going for the yellow one but all i really wanted was the frame+ forks and bars, the rest would have been soon got rid of

firebird

« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2008, 12:44 PM »
i was holding this NOS frame set at MK, it does have a few small marks on it, some of the paint has come off on the edges of the drop out. also some marks around top of the forks and the head tube as it hasn't had a head set fitted and the frame has been tied together for a few years.

still a very god frame set, nice to see the cable guides still fitted.

steve

COZZFATHER

« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2008, 02:05 PM »
steve you shouldn't have let go  :P

i'm amazed there is still one left nos, the last one i remember was in a bike shop on the wirral and yes i have checked to see if it was still there, that one was a pink gl and the bike shop couldn't sell it, i bet it would sell now though  :coolsmiley:

dan-dare

« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2008, 03:00 PM »
That NOS white GL you talk about will be on ebay very soon. :daumenhoch:

COZZFATHER

« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2008, 03:19 PM »
it already is mate  ;)

howard 68

« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2008, 04:31 PM »
I had a DP Firebird frestyler got the frame and forks from OT Cycles in Dartford in 1985 for £74.99 loved that frame although in late 1988 i snapped the front end clean off ,got it re welded but it went again but it served me well over the years i had it,good memories. :)

COZZFATHER

« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2008, 06:03 PM »
what were you doing to snap it howard ??

if anyone has a set of forks that they don't want and wish to sell  i'm all ears or if you know of any forks check out
my wanted ad  in the wanted forum on here :P

magna13

« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2008, 06:15 PM »
I had a DP Firebird frestyler got the frame and forks from OT Cycles in Dartford in 1985 for £74.99 loved that frame although in late 1988 i snapped the front end clean off ,got it re welded but it went again but it served me well over the years i had it,good memories. :)
never known those bad boy freestylers to give way at the front end?  ??? strange...

firebird

« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2008, 11:04 PM »
i would have liked that frame set, but i have one being repaired which i got very cheap. sounds funny but i was more interested in the cables than i was in the frame.

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2008, 09:39 PM »
I had a white one with no frame number that came with red decals as new.
:daumenhoch:
hello is there any chance of seeing a larger photo of this bike, im having a decal dilema!! ive got the same f+fs no frame number originally white, i bought some of the standard freestyle decals before i found out it was an early one and i dont know which to fit, theres not many pics of the red decals ive only found 1 other. look forward to hearing from you nice1 gaz :daumenhoch:

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2008, 11:43 AM »
These are the only pics I can find atm  ::)

Steve (Firebird on here) sell the red decals on his site:  www.dpfirebird.co.uk  (see last pic) :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 11:49 AM by phantom photon »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  DP RACING FIREBIRD FREESTYLER

gfxgfx
gfx gfx