gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975599 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 08, 2024, 08:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  More help advice required???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: More help advice required???  (Read 1124 times)

tommyshearing

More help advice required???
« on: July 11, 2007, 01:19 PM »
Lads, thanks for your help and advice defo decided to get back in Racing in the Old School class, abit of exercise can't hurt can it?   

I've decide I don't want to damage my Quad, therefore I need to buy another bike, obviously I've looked on e-bay and stuff, looks like a few bikes that fit the bill.

How much do you reckon I’ll need to pay for half decent race bike, it doesn’t need to be top end everything, something light enough and strong enough?

I used to ride a 83 Robinson, therefore would quite like ride a Robinson again, if anyone know of one for sale (doesn’t need to be 83 model)?

Therefore is anybody selling a bike that will fit the bill or at least give me some advice on bikes that are selling e-bay i.e. what they think is a reasonable price to pay for these bikes, as I’ve not been following Old School Bike prices therefore what do you reckon are fair prices for the following bikes?

JMC DARRELL YOUNG:  (these were rare so I’m assuming it will be expensive)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JMC-DARRELL-YOUNG-OLD-SCHOOL-BMX-IN-GOOD-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ140137154599QQihZ004QQcategoryZ56197QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

CW Racing ZX Pro:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OLD-SCHOOL-CW-RACING-ZX-PRO-BMX-REDLIND-GT-SKYWAY-HARO_W0QQitemZ270142358913QQihZ017QQcategoryZ33503QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hutch Pro Rider:  (I'd Change the Tuff for something lighter)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hutch-Pro-Raider-Old-school-BMX-Very-Rare-Classic_W0QQitemZ170128226649QQihZ007QQcategoryZ33503QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also there is this Mongoose Californian, is this bike light enough to Race or it quite a heavy bike? ?,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MONGOOSE-CALIFORNIAN-OLD-SCHOOL-BMX-VINTAGE_W0QQitemZ160136861276QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33503QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Diamond Back (Again I’d change the Tuff’s) also is this frame light enough to race???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/old-school-bmx-diamondback-with-skyways_W0QQitemZ220129049857QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33503QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks Tom.

Is there someone on here who is the old school bike oracle, with regards to models etc, as obviously people like Mongoose and Diamond Back made bike in all different price ranges.

bmx-796

Re: More help advice required???
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 02:01 PM »
take a look in the for sale section, 
some of them are local so you can collect or meet up, saves on postage costs.

also there is a lot of talk about ebay, items not as described if you recieve them at all,
95% of people on here are genuine sellers and will not rip anyone off,
what you see is what you get.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 02:26 PM by bmx-796 »

KGB Matt

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 03:37 PM »
Lads, thanks for your help and advice defo decided to get back in Racing in the Old School class, abit of exercise can't hurt can it?  

>:D :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: >:D

Wanna bet ......... it hurts more at our age than it did 20 years ago m8 ..

Still a bloody good larff tho.

Matt

Someone on here has a CW racer for sale at a reasonible price I think it was Madd dog give him a PM.

Matt

theRuler

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 04:36 PM »
mongoose calis are plenty light mate
sack the z-rims though!

Offline SE MARK

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 05:10 PM »
The mongoose cali is mine mate and i could bring it to Daggenham for £250 if your interested .  Mark

theRuler

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 07:22 PM »
go for the cali
it's a beaut

if you can't get on with the wheels, someone will trade you for alloys no worries

tommyshearing

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 08:05 PM »
Definiately interested in the Mongoose, Mark.  Do you want to call me on 07960 788692, I'm moving house on Friday then going on holiday next week.  What wheels did these organially come with, looking at a few Cali's in the museum, did they organially come with Pro-Class rims????

theRuler

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 06:00 PM »
i think you could get a cali with pro class or skyways!

any 7x style rim will be cool though

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 10:02 AM »
Nice to meet you last night, now get a bike and join us. :D

tommyshearing

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 11:52 AM »
Cheers guys great to meet you all put faces to names, thanks to Mark for letting me Ride his Ripper; you’ve definitely got one more old school rider on board.   I'm going to put out a few feelers before MK and see if anything comes of it, if not I'll get a bike at MK and start coming over on Thursday's ready make a serious assault in the Winter series, LOL!!!!  I get some pictures of my Quad on here and in the museum next week.
Better get on with the moving stuff, cheers again guys.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  More help advice required???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx